• This topic is locked This topic is locked
244 replies to this topic

chainreact0r #1 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35507 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

POPULAR

Now that your cries of "My paper tank is getting spammed with gold" and "I peak sideways in my heavy and get penned by gold" cries have been heard and possibly the worst change in the history of WoT is hanging in front of us, i gotta ask, are you happy?

What do you think will happen when you have to fight against a better player who will delete you even faster than before while you still can't pen him? Or when you find another noob in a higher tier tank which you still can't pen, but who will kill you in less than 30 seconds. Or when the average tier 10 game will be filled with slow armored tanks, high pen TDs and arty on the beautiful corridor maps we currently have.

My guess is that the forums will be spammed by the same bad players with posts of "Nerf normal ammo cause it deals too much damage, the games are faster than before, bring back pay to win gold ammo". The irony will be absolutely glorious.

Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson #2 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47111 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
:popcorn:

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53018 battles
And here I was thinking it was good players complaining about gold spam because it was an alternative to skill but seems it was bad players that were complaining all along. 

Private_Miros #4 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26272 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Good players are good players because they can read the game, aren't stuck to certain positions, and can adapt to situations. Bad players are bad because they cannot. No changes to WoT will change that. So yes, OP is quite correct that the changes will most likely frustrate those who asked for them as much as those that didn't.

It's a pity that the rebalance fails to address the issues that are actually there, in terms of power creeped tanks and corridor meta.

tajj7 #5 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Anyone who played the sandbox server that had no premium ammo knows what will happen, lots of heavies and armoured TDs on each team, 3 arty a side, with everyone spamming HE at everything. 

TheFluffyVehicle #6 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10382 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
You know I find it funny that a Oxide player bitches about the "nerf" to gold. in general you can do well without the gold spam, and it will force the more intelligent player base to figure out that standard ammo isn't actually that hard to shoot and pen with, now I get that it's hard for someone bother figuring out that you don't need 320mm HEAT pen for a tank with 200mm armor where your standard ammo is enough with 256mm pen but I guess that's just not a thing eh?

shikaka9 #7 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74926 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

wow OP (PR:9845)  dont know how to make enemy show sides in corridor maps :ohmy:

looks like he has bought stats or just buffed with gold spam :)

Private_Miros #8 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26272 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostTheFluffyVehicle, on 12 February 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

You know I find it funny that a Oxide player bitches about the "nerf" to gold. in general you can do well without the gold spam, and it will force the more intelligent player base to figure out that standard ammo isn't actually that hard to shoot and pen with, now I get that it's hard for someone bother figuring out that you don't need 320mm HEAT pen for a tank with 200mm armor where your standard ammo is enough with 256mm pen but I guess that's just not a thing eh?

There is an issue with newer tanks having higher than same tier pen armor without weakspots though. This should be addressed as the only design reason seems to have been promoting gold ammo usage. Either by introducing normal weakspots or by giving existing tanks the same status (but the latter risks unbalancing things in a gold ammo rare environment).

MeNoobTank #9 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

I am a below avarage and even if I not 100% agree with the change WG did I enjoy the frustration of unicums that use 90% gold ammo and spam it in everything along side food every game and now they will see a small decrease in win8 as they need to adapt to the new game play.

The HE change is still the worst, I would have let it the same as it is now. HE would still have been nerfed since all the tanks got a HP boost so no need in nerfing it even further.

Wintermute_1 #10 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53018 battles

View Postshikaka9, on 12 February 2020 - 11:48 AM, said:

looks like he has bought stats or just buffed with gold spam :)

Whether true of the OP or not thats where all the noisiest complaints will come from. Those players who are already highly strung maintaining their stats and rage at the drop of a hat, now having the added complication of not being able to use 66% gold ammo loadouts.

BlackBloodBandit #11 Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9036 battles

View PostMeNoobTank, on 12 February 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

I am a below avarage and even if I not 100% agree with the change WG did I enjoy the frustration of unicums that use 90% gold ammo and spam it in everything along side food every game and now they will see a small decrease in win8 as they need to adapt to the new game play.

The HE change is still the worst, I would have let it the same as it is now. HE would still have been nerfed since all the tanks got a HP boost so no need in nerfing it even further.

Speaking of adapting.. you must have had a hard time doing that in your almost 18k battles, or not? As you didn't get above 50% in 3 years of playing.. :facepalm:

voikakku #12 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15942 battles
I'm really looking forward to gold ammo nerfs since currently the gold spam is just ridiculous. If you are a good player you know the weak spots of the enemy tanks and can outplay a worse player. Honestly I wouldn't mind at all if they made it so you can only have a few gold ammo each game.

MeNoobTank #13 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 12 February 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Speaking of adapting.. you must have had a hard time doing that in your almost 18k battles, or not? As you didn't get above 50% in 3 years of playing.. :facepalm:

I just triggered you ? :D

The first year on playing I was complete noob, I didn't know alot of things in the game. For exemple for one complete year I didn't know where to pen most of the tanks, I didn't know about tanks gg and didn't know that in settings is a crosshair with penetration indicator. I also choose alot of bad lines at first. My first tier X was IS-4, so go figure...

I accept my noob status but I also know that I improved alot. I went from 46% to almost 50% winrate and that is very hard after 7k-8k battles. Also my avarage dmg per game improved from 400 something to 1000 something.

Edited by MeNoobTank, 12 February 2020 - 12:07 PM.

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMeNoobTank, on 12 February 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

I doubt that very much and it shows the false logic some believe in.  Good players will adapt very quickly.  It's the not so good players that think 100% gold is the answer that will feel the impact.

1ucky #15 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90611 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View Postchainreact0r, on 12 February 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Now that your cries of "My paper tank is getting spammed with gold" and "I peak sideways in my heavy and get penned by gold" cries have been heard and possibly the worst change in the history of WoT is hanging in front of us, i gotta ask, are you happy?

(...)

Maybe not entirely happy, but at least relatively happy compared with someone who's pissed-off out of his mind, like for example yourself.

Thanks for asking! :)

MPV_11 #16 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38039 battles

Speaking as a below average player I don't earn enough credits to go 'full' gold - my normal load out is probably around 10-15% gold unless I'm on a mission or trying to mark a tank. Based on my own observations it is usually the more highly rated players who spam gold, especially at T10 (oh apart from when I see all those 'unicums' in low tier battles with full gold, seal clubbing OP tanks, fully trained crews, enhanced equipment and food teaching those noobs a lesson - after all they're only average or below average players so they deserve it after all)!

As a PS do all these above average players who moan about other players' stats understand that if all the average and below average players leave the game, then they themselves would become average or below average  :B

GodTank2 #17 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9477 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
AP dmg is getting buffed but health is also increasing so in the end its gonna be the same as it is now.

Richthoffen #18 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31571 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
he OP, your e-peen is showing, please put it back in your pants

MeNoobTank #19 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 February 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

I doubt that very much and it shows the false logic some believe in.  Good players will adapt very quickly.  It's the not so good players that think 100% gold is the answer that will feel the impact.

If they can adapt so easly then why the rage that the gold ammo will be less useful ? Standard rounds will still have the same impact as now. JPZ E100 with some luck can 2 shot himeslf, after the update it can also 2 shot himself but with gold ammo it will need 3 shots. I think this is why the unicums are sad, they will need to aim more shots.

I was playing in the team clash and I saw very few people shoting gold ammo and it was great, but I had one particular game in my WZ 5A when I faced another WZ 5a that was a way better stats player than me and he spammed full HEAT at me. I was looking to shot him only in lower plate and the cupolas, he was I guess right clicked me and all shots in my frontal upper plate, every time pen. I bounced one of my shots and that costed me the life of my tank. If he would have used only AP would he still had that luck ?

My point is that gold ammo is the game on easy way, on some tanks you just auto aim and is pen, but with standard ammo you will get some bounces if you are not carefully aiming. So if you are a good player why you want to play on easy way mode ?

Edited by MeNoobTank, 12 February 2020 - 12:21 PM.

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39622 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Dear unicom OP.

Please go take a flying [edited]at a rolling donut.

And take your supercilious attitude with you.

Average Joe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users