Play Frontline & Steel Hunter and Earn Unique Tanks for Your Collection!

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

vixu #181 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46166 battles

View Postblackeyes90, on 13 February 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

I know what F2P means. I dont wanna buy those things i wanna earn it. It seems like they reduced the gold and bond value of those rewards. And I dont want tier 9 vehicles i want to trade those points for extra gold and bonds. If I remember correctly I Frontline points gives you 300 gold + 100 bonds so in 27 points ( maximum) you get 8100 gold from Frontline prestiges only. Besides you get 3200 gold for tier rewards overall. In total last year I get 11300 gold from frontline. And thats alot ! I would like to get that from this year as well ! Thats all I am saying.

Edit : I want to buy Progetto with that :)

Well.... I see you point, and ofc I'd love to get more then less too... had the same hope last year. Didnt get the t9 EA but preferred gold instead exactly for the reason that there will be new year, trade-in, black market. Surely there should be some decent offers to spend the gold on, right.

Well... I still have my gold after all those "great" opportunities to spend it. Guess why :P

09:22 Added after 2 minute

View PostMaBeSlovakia, on 13 February 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

Frontline mode and SteelHunter mode should not be mixed. Each of them has their fans, but many players like just one of the modes.

More SH are good news, less FL are bad news.

edit: And the fact the 4 stages of FL are compressed in 3 months period is even worst news.

I agree, that it would be nice to have those modes be running over longer period of time.

But I think that mixing them is not a bad thing, if they both run in parallel. Being able to get some reward for playing a bit both modes is better then having to do a lot of a single mode for those, who cannot play  regularly through out the year.

Dwigt #182 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• WG Staff
  • 799 battles

View Postblackeyes90, on 13 February 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

We dont wanna buy those things. We wanna earn it in the game. We are F2P . Thats the Point. !

It's a free mode for everyone to enjoy and earn some cool, free rewards and a lot of credit according to what I've read ;) 

AARDMAN #183 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 75815 battles
  • [SC1] SC1

View PostGremlin182, on 12 February 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

Its also sometimes a pain finding the tank you want to play next after getting killed I have 67 tier 8 tanks and find myself scrolling back and forth trying to find the one I want.

Frontlines only displays your tier 8 tanks that have a full crew. Go to the garage and send one crew member to the barracks from each tank that you do not want to use and they will not be selected when you are in Frontlines

Echotun #184 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23577 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1
First impression is that this looks awesome. Hope the grind is not increased, and that you dont need some clever semantics to prove this is the case. 
For Steel Hunter; please remove the loss of rank function and deal with the riggers. 

Badz360 #185 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21915 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

Could be good - assuming it is not too much of a grind. Last year's FL was grindy - at least until the XP boosters were introduced.

SH was easy grind without much effort - hope it doesn't morph into an insane grind just because there is a tank at the end of it, or it will drain any fun from it.

Personally - FL wasn't my favourite mode, but played through it as the rewards (cumulative of progress through the levels/prestige and then tanks at the end) just about merited it. However my experience of FL was somewhat blighted by playing on a Mac and it ran like a bag of spanners with what looked like 15 year old graphics. Now got a beefy PC rig - so wondering if it will be a little more pleasant to play this time around.

Edited by Badz360, 13 February 2020 - 12:52 PM.

sgtPompom #186 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23363 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

I liked FL and played it until prestige X, but the heavy grind sickened me. Once we got the boosters it was better but I was already playing reluctantly because the grind killed the fun.

So in this regard, SH (wich I played also until last level and liked, except the chevron loss system) will be refreshing.

I don't plan to get the 24 tokens, because too much pressure, must not miss a single episode (and I have the feeling if you don't complete an episode you can't compensate with the next one), that's part of what ruined FL fun for me, the fear to not be able to reach the last prestige because of bad luck or life event.

So i plan to play both, but only with 12 tokens as goal, and if thing go smoothly I'll get more but for the fun to play nice modes and to get other rewards (bonds, etc ...), not to have a second reward tank.

Just have to decide if I go for Obj or frenchie, since I already have the AE.

blackeyes90 #187 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32238 battles

View Postvixu, on 13 February 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Well.... I see you point, and ofc I'd love to get more then less too... had the same hope last year. Didnt get the t9 EA but preferred gold instead exactly for the reason that there will be new year, trade-in, black market. Surely there should be some decent offers to spend the gold on, right.

Well... I still have my gold after all those "great" opportunities to spend it. Guess why :P
i09:22 Added after 2 minute

I agree, that it would be nice to have those modes be running over longer period of time.

But I think that mixing them is not a bad thing, if they both run in parallel. Being able to get some reward for playing a bit both modes is better then having to do a lot of a single mode for those, who cannot play  regularly through out the year.

I had to use half of my gold on lowe at trade in event so I only got 5580 gold right now. :)

parim1331 #188 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7857 battles

View PostPsticide, on 12 February 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

frontlines needs more tank diversity and more maps, wont touch it this year if its just more of the same again ...

I mean, the core gameplay stays the same. So far there're couple of changes made here and there, more on the balancing side. 

View Postguest273, on 12 February 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Uuuuum....

What was the 'bad' side of Steel Hunt according to feedback? (I mean besides no point playing each day after you did all the missions - you really need missions that can be repeatedly done an endless amount of time)

Edit: Ah, yes I remember. The 4v1 / 3v1 rigging. I should know, I got that glorious 4v1 win video on YouTube.

I mean, looking back there were couple of gameplay-related issues that were pointed out in the feedback and later adressed by our dev team. Hopefully, SH will be more enjoyable than a year ago.

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 12 February 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

Thank you for replying. I really hope WG brings more and better modes like FL to this game as regular options and not week long grind fest episodes. Randoms is so stale after 10 years, more than half the battles are toxic with +2MM with OP tanks (try Tiger II against any Tier 10, let alone 279(e) or Chieftain), EBRs, 3 Arties, gold spam, 15-3 result 4 min turbo battles, etc.

FL is the one mode where you don't get as frustrated. Its same tier, open fluid maps, something for all types of tanks, longer battles, chance to come back after a mistake in battles or repair. Wonderful mode, and one that brought me back after having given up on game for years. I even spent some money to get a few more Tier 8 premiums, because I enjoyed this mode so well. Now all my Tier 8 premiums will just play 4 weeks this year.

As always, unfortunately I cannot spoil what we have in store for the year, but as far as I can see it, there should be enough variety in the upcoming modes and events, that you should be satisfied. :)

Weak_man #189 Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8467 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View Postfeies_vlad, on 12 February 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

If I may ask, how much each stage/episode for FL will last, I hope atleast 1 week/month so I can grind some credits aswell, also I hope it's tier 8 again. :D :unsure:

The first Stage of Frontline 2020 will start on 9 March 2020 (04:00 UTC) and will be available until 16 March 2020 (01:00 UTC).

Truntea #190 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1382 battles

View PostAlWaYsOnMoVe, on 12 February 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

Ether way, lets hope they increase the rewards!

I do believe all has a hope for that.

L0rd_0f_War #191 Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostRedJester, on 13 February 2020 - 12:14 AM, said:

That's about the same as me, when they brought in the boosters - which is all FL really needed I breezed through the last few stages and hit prestige 10 with ease and a couple of months to spare. I basically agree 100%.  No need to mix the mode and try to force those of us who loved FL to play another mode. No real need to change FL.  I cannot play Steel Hunter - though appreciate some liked it. It is not for me at all. I loved FL though. FL has literally been nerfed in half. :(

Yes, but looks like WG in its infinite non-wisdom can't let us have a good thing for too long. Now even stages within FL mode are exclusive to their own weeks. We miss a week, we miss the stage. Such regression.

View PostMaBeSlovakia, on 13 February 2020 - 04:15 AM, said:

I think the main problem with WG is, that we are informed about planned events and changes long after they are set.

Then our comments on the forum are futile, because it is too expensive to change plans, and to take back released promises.

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head with that one. We are just venting. Maybe they will re-consider for the next season.

View PostDwigt, on 13 February 2020 - 04:41 AM, said:

It's a free mode for everyone to enjoy and earn some cool, free rewards and a lot of credit according to what I've read ;) 

Yes, its the best mode in WOT. So why less of it for us this year. 4 Weeks in 3 months. What does Steel Hunter have to do with FL. They are two completely different modes. Let them run on their own. Don't take away FL for SH in the second part of the year. This is such a bad idea. SH and FL cannot be more different and shouldn't be made to replace one another. Please give us FL as a standard mode which we can play and enjoy throughout the year, not in drips and grind fests.

wolfsrain #192 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 66819 battles
  • [LASO] LASO
I want to thank WG for freeing a lot of time for playing other games, due to the decision of mixing those two modes. So, here it ie: Thank You for allowing me to work my Steam/uPlay/GOG/Origin backlog. Thank You for the free time that i will spend in so many other games:teethhappy:

exori #193 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 44111 battles
  • [CT] CT

not bad, i like both of the game modes.

but wg pls do something about the cheaters in steel hunter.

last time there were so many ppl rigging battles and ruining other ppls experience.

RedJester #194 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20834 battles

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 13 February 2020 - 07:19 AM, said:

Top of the Tree rewards nerfed into the ground, now Frontline rewards. What with the crew changes and HE  nerfs, finding it hard to find anything to look forward to this year that will justify all the grinding required.....

Wargaming imo have been doing some great things all in all  in the last maybe 18 months or so.  And certainly since I started playing. I also really enjoy the recent Team Clash mode and the rewards were pretty good, though I have not assigned my Skill commander yet!  However, everything above you mention to me are massive retrograde steps and I have no clue why the need for such drastic changes. Many complained about the grind in FL but I didn't find it a problem and the rewards were great. None of the things they are changing were broken, they did not need fixing. Only a little tweak here and there - like the boosters they gave us in Frontlines. I can see now I will be playing WoT less this year. FL was kind of my fav game mode and they nerfed the hell out of it and cut in down to what, 4 weeks worth over all? Horrible, just horrible. 

Edited by RedJester, 14 February 2020 - 06:23 PM.

woolfie #195 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 50681 battles

Are we really only going to be allowed to play those huge FL maps for four weeks in 2020?

I think these changes are horrible.

I saw some players ask for FL to be less grindy next time which should have been a simple fix.

No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

RedJester #196 Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20834 battles
It seems so and yep, it is absolutely terrible. :(

Igel_2 #197 Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12593 battles
  • [GR-W2] GR-W2

Really really disappointed. What wg said earlier was that we could make our progress with Frontlines or Steel Hunter, but you took what was good about the progression (good rewards and no disadvantage missing an episode) and really turned it to crap. Three reserves per day and 75 bonds are no compensation really. As a bonus, we only get Frontlines for much less time than last year.

Let us play on our own time and don't force us to play every episode plus the same again for Steel Hunter. I am really not looking forward to this year by now.

Why, when you change something, you always decide to change what was good and doubletalk about it.

Gromm1t #198 Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16271 battles

View PostWeak_man, on 12 February 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

At least loosing progresion was eliminated, and this is a good thing.

yes, losing progression was main thing to stop Penalty hunter after "teaming opponent" on last Penalty Hunter session. Hopefully this time game is more fair.

Sir_Armand #199 Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22081 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 13 February 2020 - 05:38 AM, said:

This can be fixed. The issue is Wheelies breaking through one side of map and sniping all objectives at the back. The access to the objectives need to be locked behind its front, which means you need to break through at least two fronts to get to three objectives. Which would help but may not prevent wheelies from ruining this mode by sniping objective. There are many other small balance issues and how the ranks are awarded in the mode, but that's fixable over time. And if you still prefer Randoms, please keep playing Randoms, they are not taking those away. Why must those who love FL mode must play randoms and not be allowed to play the mode we prefer throughout the year. Why does one mode exclude the other. We can have both as two standard modes available in the game.

Of course it can be fixed, I'm just disappointed that WG DOESN'T!

Where have I EVER said that FL and randoms should be mutually exclusive?

I'm actually an advocate of multiple game modes - something WG seems to be terribly afraid of. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users