Ammo changes - the truth behind it

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

PabloGee #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33792 battles

I was wondering how tier 8 premium will perform against IX and  X tiers. Well I have a bad news for you all - if you feel you are HP bag for high tiers you will be even bigger HP bag after upcoming changes. 

Literally every  light armored  tank will be unplayable. 3 hits  from standard ammo and you are in garage. 

Do you want to spam gold : well even worse news. Price of gold  will be so high you will be loosing money in your paid tanks. That will force you to play more and buy more premium account time  or new premium tanks with a hope  to perform better.

The more time you are  in the game the bigger profits are for WG. Simple. 

The less credits you can make -there is chance  you will decide to buy it in premium shop. 

Old premiums suck ? Well here we got new premium for you for 50 euro.

No we are moving to tier X. Today loosing 80 - 100k credits per battle is normal if you want to perform. Gold ammo consumables and broken tier X economy punish you to reach top tiers.

With higher HP pool, lower premium ammo damage and higher price - well answer yourself.

I know WG will adjust economy but not the way you are thinking. 

ihateclowns #2 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36905 battles
  • [TROP] TROP
This is what happens when everyone spams gold

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76398 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

I was wondering how tier 8 premium will perform against IX and  X tiers. Well I have a bad news for you all - if you feel you are HP bag for high tiers you will be even bigger HP bag after upcoming changes. 

Literally every  light armored  tank will be unplayable. 3 hits  from standard ammo and you are in garage.

HP buff is countered by the normal alpha buff. It's not like my tier 8 prems or lights can withstand more hits on live now vs test. I played more or less every tier 8 light and med I had on the new test. And they all die as fast as before vs tier X guns. So that is the same old as now. Be it vs 440 to 750 alpha guns, or 510 to 840 alpha guns. It's still 3 hits vs the HP difference.

Do you want to spam gold : well even worse news. Price of gold  will be so high you will be loosing money in your paid tanks. That will force you to play more and buy more premium account time  or new premium tanks with a hope  to perform better.

You make it sound like going full gold now is dirt cheap. And atm the gold pricing is unchanged. Even if they adjust it... It's not like you can afford to spam it now on high tiers without a premium tank to maintain it. 

Spurtung #4 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78631 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
The Truth™

Overlord93 #5 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:53 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13214 battles
  • [CROFT] CROFT

I sold my E-100 during BM, because it was collecting dust and i needed credits, im not gonna buy another tier X again.
There will always be older players with tons of credits or just tryhards willing to bleed credits like stupid.

A part from few exceptions tier 8's were always free xp pinatas for tier 10's

Best way to deal with t10 battle if you're playing prem 8 is to just rush and try to get 1-2 shots, it will be enough for small profit and than try again with another prem 8 tank and hope for better MM.

It is better to do it that way than to waste time camping in battle that you're not gonna do much anyway. It's basically managing your opportunity cost.

Spurtung #6 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78631 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

I sold my E-100 during BM, because it was collecting dust and i needed credits, im not gonna buy another tier X again.
There will always be older players with tons of credits or just tryhards willing to bleed credits like stupid.

A part from few exceptions tier 8's were always free xp pinatas for tier 10's

Best way to deal with t10 battle if you're playing prem 8 is to just rush and try to get 1-2 shots, it will be enough for small profit and than try again with another prem 8 tank and hope for better MM.

It is better to do it that way than to waste time camping in battle that you're not gonna do much anyway. It's basically managing your opportunity cost.

Funny how quick you are to call those "tryhards" stupid and then offer that "solution" as the best way of dealing with tier 10 battles.

Newsflash: you don't have to engage them directly yourself, and even if you do, your tanks won't be that useless as you seem to think they are. At the very least, you can always track enemy vehicles for your allies.

Overlord93 #7 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:07 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13214 battles
  • [CROFT] CROFT

View PostSpurtung, on 13 February 2020 - 05:59 AM, said:

Funny how quick you are to call those "tryhards" stupid and then offer that "solution" as the best way of dealing with tier 10 battles.

Newsflash: you don't have to engage them directly yourself, and even if you do, your tanks won't be that useless as you seem to think they are. At the very least, you can always track enemy vehicles for your allies.

Ye il just tell that JgdPz E-100 that's about to end my whole career across the map "hey bro i don't wanna engage you, could you please not shoot me" that's sure gonna work out well.
Anyway even if you try to camp and "shoot tracks" you will still be 2 shotted back to garage only 4-5min later instead of 1 min with basically same result, the opportunity cost of trying to make a bad battle work is too high IMO.

Not even mentioning that staying longer in t10 battle you will be tempted more to use gold ammo and possibly even losing credits.

Also when i say rush, i don't mean reckless suicide, but go agressive, flank that IS-7 shoot his but, he's gonna send you to garage anyway might as well get it over with sooner than later.

Edited by Overlord93, 13 February 2020 - 07:11 AM.

Spurtung #8 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78631 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 06:07 AM, said:

Ye il just tell that JgdPz E-100 that's about to end my whole career across the map "hey bro i don't wanna engage you, could you please not shoot me" that's sure gonna work out well.
Anyway even if you try to camp and "shoot tracks" you will still be 2 shotted back to garage only 4-5min later instead of 1 min with basically same result, the opportunity cost of trying to make a bad battle work is too high IMO.

Not even mentioning that staying longer in t10 battle you will be tempted more to use gold ammo and possibly even losing credits.

Also when i say rush, i don't mean reckless suicide, but go agressive, flank that IS-7 shoot his but, he's gonna send you to garage anyway might as well get it over with sooner than later.

Did I even mention "camp", at all?

Do whatever you think is best, but that whole "oh no, tier 10, must wrap this one up because I want to get a more forgiving MM for myself" is really despicable.

Overlord93 #9 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:39 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13214 battles
  • [CROFT] CROFT

View PostSpurtung, on 13 February 2020 - 06:32 AM, said:

Did I even mention "camp", at all?

Do whatever you think is best, but that whole "oh no, tier 10, must wrap this one up because I want to get a more forgiving MM for myself" is really despicable.

Yea it's not sportsmanship like at all, but...

Hellraiser0201 #10 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24484 battles

My solution:

1.Remove special ammo entirely. Leave only 1 ammo type with armor penetration ablity (either AP or APCR)(standard ammo).

2.Nerf/rework the armor models of overarmored vehicles. Add actual frontal weakspots that can be penetrated with standard ammo adequately. Examples: Obj279e, Chieftain (turret), Maus, Type5 heavy, Defender and similar superheavies that require special ammo to be damaged... you got my point here.

3.Remove +2-2 matchmaker. Give us more single tier battles so that we can penetrate tanks from our tier.

After that, special ammo won't be needed anymore. Everyone would be able to penetrate all targets with standard ammo, provided that they have proper weakspots.

Im aware this is never going to happen anyway, WG is stubborn and never listening to its community, even if they give good ideas and proposals. Its just very sad. Nevertheless, cheers, comrades!

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 13 February 2020 - 08:42 AM.

Flicka #11 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23701 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Where the hell did all this "my -2 tier tank cant destroy a +2 tier tank as easily as he can me" crap came from.

Holy lord, think for just a bit, try to use what you have against actual targets, not just hurr durr press 2 and blamo.

And if you do not have armor, first thing you should be thinking is how not to get hit at all, not for how much you will get hit.

Honestly, like the game should be balanced around every vehicle able to kill every vehicle. They should bring back the +-4 MM we had back in the day, just to purge the game of crap like this.

Biggest problem, shitty maps.

Second biggest problem, shitty players.

Overlord93 #12 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13214 battles
  • [CROFT] CROFT

View PostFlicka, on 13 February 2020 - 08:57 AM, said:

Where the hell did all this "my -2 tier tank cant destroy a +2 tier tank as easily as he can me" crap came from.

Holy lord, think for just a bit, try to use what you have against actual targets, not just hurr durr press 2 and blamo.

And if you do not have armor, first thing you should be thinking is how not to get hit at all, not for how much you will get hit.

Honestly, like the game should be balanced around every vehicle able to kill every vehicle. They should bring back the +-4 MM we had back in the day, just to purge the game of crap like this.

Biggest problem, shitty maps.

Second biggest problem, shitty players.

It's not just "+2 tier" tier 9 and 10 vehicles are special and WAY different than 8 and down, not even mentioning that percentage of full gold loadouts at tier 10 is quite high.
If they let KV-2 in tier 10 battles like in old days, i would have fun, but tier 8 derp(that jap heavy) is just too slow and bulky and paper armor to do anything.

Homer_J #13 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• 33647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPabloGee, on 13 February 2020 - 12:21 AM, said:

That's cool then since I never did feel that way.

xtrem3x #14 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36383 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 09:14 AM, said:

It's not just "+2 tier" tier 9 and 10 vehicles are special and WAY different than 8 and down, not even mentioning that percentage of full gold loadouts at tier 10 is quite high.
If they let KV-2 in tier 10 battles like in old days, i would have fun, but tier 8 derp(that jap heavy) is just too slow and bulky and paper armor to do anything.

When you're playing a tier 8 tank and get into a tier 10 battle why are you trying to fight the tier 10s?

They have tier 8s as well, you can fight them!!

Instead of trying to help you're throwing your tank away... Please never be on my team!!

tajj7 #15 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 February 2020 - 12:41 AM, said:

Even if they adjust it

I don't think they are going to adjust it, but logically they should seeing as its now not the best ammo choice and has trade offs. 

DangerMouse #16 Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 31309 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Posttajj7, on 13 February 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

I don't think they are going to adjust it, but logically they should seeing as its now not the best ammo choice and has trade offs. 

Yea, I thought the original plan was to have a single price for all 3 types of ammo on a tank.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36327 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 06:53 AM, said:

Or you could not be a potato and actually make the effort to help your team win. There's at least 7 tanks on the enemy team the same tier as you so you can go kill them while you wait for opportunities to support your own high tiers.

mutsami #18 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12230 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 13 February 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Or you could not be a potato and actually make the effort to help your team win. There's at least 7 tanks on the enemy team the same tier as you so you can go kill them while you wait for opportunities to support your own high tiers.

JAJAJAJ sure you mean the rest of the enemy tanks that are progeto tier 8 or lorraine unicums with max camo crew. Sure If you press tab after most battle almost all bottom tiers in +2 got no more then 500 dmg.... Its just trash matchmaking nothing a tier 8 can do to pen obj 286 tdf

ValkyrionX_TV #19 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56352 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

I was wondering how tier 8 premium will perform against IX and  X tiers. 

immagine a 279, a maus , a type 5 , an is7 or other well armored tanks vs tier 9 and 8 in a normal random game.

Do the same with well armored tier 9 tanks vs tier 7 and tier 8.

And again do the same with pref-MM tanks vs well armored tier 8 and 9 tanks.

it is not difficult to understand that all more armored vehicles will receive a buff since they will have the same armor and the special ammunition of the lower tiers , and less armored tanks , will do less damage since the HP buff.

worst sandbox ever 

norbar #20 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3968 battles

View Postihateclowns, on 13 February 2020 - 01:38 AM, said:

This is what happens when everyone spams gold

Gold Spam made WG bad at Fixing Gold Spam? Interesting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users