Possible solution for gold spam.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Overlord93 #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:23 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13191 battles
  • [CROFT] CROFT

Okay hear me out, what if WG just limit supply of gold ammo?

Like they delete them from resupply/store menu and make it so they can only be bought trough auction like BM, they could hold auction every week or day and sell limited amount of ammo like for example 20k packs of 50 ammo and than everyone bids with credits and they can buy only one ammo pack per auction.

To me it seems like a perfect solution, it would make gold ammo rare and make people use them only when needed and also act as credit sink for people that have too many credits to know what to do with it.

_Anarchistic_ #2 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49170 battles

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

Like they delete them from resupply/store menu and make it so they can only be bought trough auction like BM, they could hold auction every week or day and sell limited amount of ammo like for example 20k packs of 50 ammo and than everyone bids with credits and they can buy only one ammo pack per auction.

To me it seems like a perfect solution, it would make gold ammo rare and make people use them only when needed and also act as credit sink for people that have too many credits to know what to do with it.

that's always been the obvious answer, and being from Belarus you would have thought rationing would be first nature

edit   it is also historically accurate so is doubly obvious

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 13 February 2020 - 07:47 AM.

StronkiTonki #3 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35175 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Imho it should be a limit based on alpha an tier combination.

Not the most perfect solution, but at least people will only use it when they absolutely need to.

Jauhesammutin #4 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23861 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

Or, just fix the other problems which cause gold spam in the first place. This is the next step from the P2W  gold ammo we have when the ammo was only purchasable with actual gold.

Hellraiser0201 #5 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24484 battles

My solution:

1.Remove special ammo entirely. Leave only 1 ammo type with armor penetration ablity (either AP or APCR)(standard ammo).

2.Nerf/rework the armor models of overarmored vehicles. Add actual frontal weakspots that can be penetrated with standard ammo adequately. Examples: Obj279e, Chieftain (turret), Maus, Type5 heavy, Defender and similar superheavies that require special ammo to be damaged... you got my point here.

3.Remove +2-2 matchmaker. Give us more single tier battles so that we can penetrate tanks from our tier.

After that, special ammo won't be needed anymore. Everyone would be able to penetrate all targets with standard ammo, provided that they have proper weakspots.

Im aware this is never going to happen anyway, WG is stubborn and never listening to its community, even if they give good ideas and proposals. Its just very sad. Nevertheless, cheers, comrades!

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles

View PostOverlord93, on 13 February 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

Oh man, imagine waking up 5:00 AM to bid on gold ammo shells :teethhappy:

Personally I would just keep playing tier 9 medium tanks with super good pen and sleep..

08:26 Added after 3 minute

View PostHellraiser0201, on 13 February 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

Im aware this is never going to happen anyway, WG is stubborn and never listening to its community, even if they give good ideas and proposals. Its just very sad. Nevertheless, cheers, comrades!

They are not stubborn, they just like money. Companies are silly like that.

TheMaroko1337 #7 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14042 battles

If it's an auction , you don't need to wake up at 5zm, you can put your bid 5mn before the end 1pm. 

About the +2 and -2 match making, it depends on people ready or not to be put in long queue. As for now, you don't need to wait that long for playing. 

To a certain degree, it reminds the mod team clash when you were in a platoon , you have to wait quite a long time to get your match. I ended up soloing that mod as it was more quicker to get a match. 

ValkyrionX_TV #8 Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

the only real solution is to limit the maximum number of special ammunition that can be equipped in the vehicle's ammunition hold to avoid spam, the same as for spam of HEs , to limit the number of such ammunition on "non derp" vehicles

Here is solved the problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users