remodels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

lop1 #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31711 battles
  • [1-TSC] 1-TSC
Hello, sorry for my english, I have a question to do a mod remodel. I saw a video where a person inserted the "normal", "crash" and "collision" folders into the folder of a vehicle (eg res_mods \ 1.1.7.2 \ vehicles \ german \ XX), without the .dds images , of another vehicle of the same nation and type. The result was to get a tank with the aesthetics of another tank. I tried to do it with the Skorpion by inserting the folders of the WT auf. E100, and in the game I got the desired result. With all the other tanks, however, doing the same procedure I crash the game as soon as I click on the modified tank. Do I have to edit some files with wot tools or am I doing something wrong? Thanks if you answer.

atacms #2 Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4907 battles

1. this tool allows you to change only the tank you are driving.

2. copy the model folder to another tank will cause conflict when certain entry in their config inside vehicle xml are different. the problem you encountered is likely due to the following:

a. the actual tank and the visual model may have different joint nodes for turret attachpoint. most tank hull model use HP_turretJoint for both turrets but some tank (G04_PzVI_Tiger_I for example) use HP_turretJoint_1 and HP_turretJoint_2

b. the actual tank and the visual model have different exhaust attach point. the actual tank might have up to 4 (G89_Leopard1 for example) but the visual model has less exhaust nodes, causing a null reference.

c. the actual tank gun model used co-axis animator called drivenJoints, but the visual model doesn't have it or is in a different layout, causing a null reference.

solution, either edit the visual model ***.visual_processed file so it complies to the vehicle xml (recommended), or edit vehicle xml to match the new visual model (not recommended, as WG changes the xml content frequently so you'll have to constantly update your own xml as well)

but that's a complex procedure, because the folder you just copied must not contain any .model file, otherwise the game will invoke visual_processed files found under their original location (inside WT auf. E100, not Skorpion folder). and you can't edit content under WT auf. E100's folder or it will pollute the actual WT auf. E100.

Edited by atacms, 13 February 2020 - 12:10 PM.

lop1 #3 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31711 battles
  • [1-TSC] 1-TSC

View Postatacms, on 13 February 2020 - 10:57 AM, said:

1. this tool allows you to change only the tank you are driving.

2. copy the model folder to another tank will cause conflict when certain entry in their config inside vehicle xml are different. the problem you encountered is likely due to the following:

a. the actual tank and the visual model may have different joint nodes for turret attachpoint. most tank hull model use HP_turretJoint for both turrets but some tank (G04_PzVI_Tiger_I for example) use HP_turretJoint_1 and HP_turretJoint_2

b. the actual tank and the visual model have different exhaust attach point. the actual tank might have up to 4 (G89_Leopard1 for example) but the visual model has less exhaust nodes, causing a null reference.

c. the actual tank gun model used co-axis animator called drivenJoints, but the visual model doesn't have it or is in a different layout, causing a null reference.

solution, either edit the visual model ***.visual_processed file so it complies to the vehicle xml (recommended), or edit vehicle xml to match the new visual model (not recommended, as WG changes the xml content frequently so you'll have to constantly update your own xml as well)

but that's a complex procedure, because the folder you just copied must not contain any .model file, otherwise the game will invoke visual_processed files found under their original location (inside WT auf. E100, not Skorpion folder). and you can't edit content under WT auf. E100's folder or it will pollute the actual WT auf. E100.

ok thanks, now i have to follow the tutorial and install the following tool?

[1.7.1.2]ownModelLoader v1.496 , stand-alone collection edition, build 20200206

atacms #4 Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4907 battles
install the mod and insert a simple profile header to the config. You plan to use in-game tanks, not a 3rd-party remodel.

Also tagged with remodels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users