Frontline Is Back!

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

Jumping_Turtle #121 Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 73330 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
I habe plenty of tier 8 premiums that I bought for money since they could be usefull and fun in Teambattles and they completly removed that mode so I never use these tanks.

So it could be worse ;)

Miepie #122 Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5746 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 19 February 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

I habe plenty of tier 8 premiums 

Habe habe habe! Sprengende Spring-schildkröte! :izmena: 

RedJester #123 Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21649 battles

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 19 February 2020 - 12:09 AM, said:

Yeah, I have nine Tier 8 premiums, half of which I have never even used in Randoms. I have collected these tier 8 premiums for a grand mode like Frontlines, where having different tier 8s gives flexibility and greater reward for the right choice at the right time. I would pick up more tier 8s if Frontlines was a full-fledged mode, but for 4 weeks, what for. Not like any of my tanks and crews are of any use in modes like Steel Hunter.

I've got a bunch of tier 8 premiums too I picked up at various times and didn't get round to playing yet but would in FL.  I just looked at the rewards again and last year I won 100s of camo directives, sixth sense directives, designated target directives, literally 100s of each, all very useful and mostly used up under the assumption we'd be able to win more this year, and obviously the far better credit rewards, bonds and gold. I just realised how much they have stripped from FL. It's pretty horrific tbh. It's also that like you say 30 vs 30 mode we only getting 4 weeks of it, it's just a complete mess and nerf. Sad... :(

Edited by RedJester, 19 February 2020 - 06:28 PM.

L0rd_0f_War #124 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 19 February 2020 - 05:47 AM, said:

I habe plenty of tier 8 premiums that I bought for money since they could be usefull and fun in Teambattles and they completly removed that mode so I never use these tanks.
So it could be worse ;)

Yea, sadly this year 'IS worse' for FL, as we all have been screaming in the forums since the news of 2020 FL season. Which is why I am not buying anymore premiums, not even the OP Defender which would be a good addition if I could use it for more than 4 weeks in FL. And money is really not an issue, I am at an age where I spend when I see value, not when I can afford something.

Edit: I just counted, I actually have 11 Tier 8 premiums. Oh well.

Edited by L0rd_0f_War, 19 February 2020 - 06:50 PM.

Firebrande #125 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43722 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
Omg WG have you now broken FL, reduced rewards, more experience needed, Steelhunter sucks too so why combine them :facepalm:

RedJester #126 Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21649 battles

View PostFirebrande, on 03 March 2020 - 07:45 AM, said:

Omg WG have you now broken FL, reduced rewards, more experience needed, Steelhunter sucks too so why combine them :facepalm:

Exactly how I feel, this is awful, 4 weeks, and trying to force us to play Steel Hunter - which I do not like and won't play. 
FL was pretty much perfect once they added the boosters last year it was easy for anyone really. 
I finished the whole thing a couple of months early. 

The reward nerfing is particularly bad. 

Edited by RedJester, 03 March 2020 - 03:43 PM.

Gruff_ #127 Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Frontline rewards farming cap dmg not winning the game it was ok for so many games per day in a platoon but got boring very quickly.

Steel hunter was not my cup of tea at all.

sharkyjhon #128 Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25272 battles
  • [TB-RO] TB-RO
Why only 4 episodes of FL ??

CmdRatScabies #129 Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsharkyjhon, on 03 March 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

Why only 4 episodes of FL ??

Because it's a tedious, boring grind?

RaxipIx #130 Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36056 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Like the changes to be honest. Last time i got uber bored at around stage 5, and at stage 6 i couldn't force myself to play the same tanks, on the same  1(2) maps over and over from the same positions.

Lesser grind, only 4 weeks, rewards are not too bad either, but this is debatable depending on who needs what. 

Also like they balanced a bit the capture points, and the dynamic spawns is a very good thing  imo. So i can't really complain.

Edited by RaxipIx, 03 March 2020 - 05:28 PM.

L0rd_0f_War #131 Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 03 March 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

It can be for some, but not all who play and enjoy FL. The real problem is WG making FL into week long grind-fests, which makes people lose their minds playing the same thing over and over in order to get the rewards (like a tank marathon). That's the boring grind part, its not the mode itself.

I only came back to this game last year (after having almost given up on this game for years) because of FL mode. Its far superior to the now 10 year old stale Random mode (for me) which has gotten worse over time due to toxic +2MM, OP tanks, gold spam, wheelies and 3 min turbo battles. In FL, I get to play on a larger map, use a variety of my tanks, battles last longer, we have the ability to repair and respawn to come back from a mistake, and the feeling of a grand battle. The FL maps (specially the summer map) is a very well designed open/fluid map as opposed to the plethora of corridor maps in Randoms. FL should be a standard mode in the game, alongside randoms at this point (with further developments for more tiers and grand maps). People can choose to play either at a time of their choosing, and not get burned out by grinding non-stop for a week.

CmdRatScabies #132 Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 03 March 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

It can be for some, but not all who play and enjoy FL. The real problem is WG making FL into week long grind-fests, which makes people lose their minds playing the same thing over and over in order to get the rewards (like a tank marathon). That's the boring grind part, its not the mode itself.

I only came back to this game last year (after having almost given up on this game for years) because of FL mode. Its far superior to the now 10 year old stale Random mode (for me) which has gotten worse over time due to toxic +2MM, OP tanks, gold spam, wheelies and 3 min turbo battles. In FL, I get to play on a larger map, use a variety of my tanks, battles last longer, we have the ability to repair and respawn to come back from a mistake, and the feeling of a grand battle. The FL maps (specially the summer map) is a very well designed open/fluid map as opposed to the plethora of corridor maps in Randoms. FL should be a standard mode in the game, alongside randoms at this point (with further developments for more tiers and grand maps). People can choose to play either at a time of their choosing, and not get burned out by grinding non-stop for a week.

Any mode where winning is irrelevant is doomed.  First Front Lines was good for credit / bond / bad tank grinding but then it became just painful.  Best non random mode so far has to be the recent Team Clash.

L0rd_0f_War #133 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 03 March 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Any mode where winning is irrelevant is doomed.  First Front Lines was good for credit / bond / bad tank grinding but then it became just painful.  Best non random mode so far has to be the recent Team Clash.

I agree, Team Clash was a good mode, but imbalanced with how the teams were set-up and matched. It can be improved in future, otherwise it was fun for Skill and painful/toxic for the others who were just getting farmed. So winning is fun when you are winning and not losing 18 out of 20 games. But everyone is entitled to have their likes and dislikes, and if someone likes Randoms over FL, they can keep playing Randoms, but if I like FL, I can only play for 4 weeks this year. I don't know about you, but I always cared about winning, specially when I had General ranks in FL, as the extra XP for winning is really worth it to me.

CmdRatScabies #134 Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 03 March 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

I agree, Team Clash was a good mode, but imbalanced with how the teams were set-up and matched. It can be improved in future, otherwise it was fun for Skill and painful/toxic for the others who were just getting farmed. So winning is fun when you are winning and not losing 18 out of 20 games. But everyone is entitled to have their likes and dislikes, and if someone likes Randoms over FL, they can keep playing Randoms, but if I like FL, I can only play for 4 weeks this year. I don't know about you, but I always cared about winning, specially when I had General ranks in FL, as the extra XP for winning is really worth it to me.

I think enjoying FL depends a bit on having the right tanks - all premiums - Prog, LT432, Bulldog, EBR etc.  Try it on an account where you only have tech tree tanks and it's ok but not as much fun.  But no, I found winning not worth worrying about.

L0rd_0f_War #135 Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 03 March 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

I think enjoying FL depends a bit on having the right tanks - all premiums - Prog, LT432, Bulldog, EBR etc.  Try it on an account where you only have tech tree tanks and it's ok but not as much fun.  But no, I found winning not worth worrying about.

I agree. As the meta has changed to faster tanks, and with a large map in FL, faster/more mobile tanks are more useful and fun to use. And having a variety of tanks is the key to getting higher ranks. I have a dozen Tier 8 premiums, and a few tech tree T8s, but I mostly use 6 or 7 tanks in most of the FL games. You are right, sadly tech tree tanks have been over-shadowed by much better premiums in the last few years, and you are more competitive in the the game (Randoms/FL) in these newer premiums, plus you make a lot of credits using just premium T8s in FL. I do still like a few T8 tech tree tanks in FL, and they aren't bad at all, which is why I have kept them in my Garage.

Edited by L0rd_0f_War, 03 March 2020 - 10:46 PM.

portuguese007 #136 Posted 03 March 2020 - 11:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35033 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 03 March 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

Exactly and people complaining about steel hunter that was epic and super fun if we remove the exploits, i expect wg got a fix for that.

Unicums_4_Dinner #137 Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74495 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I am really curious what kind of people working at WG. I think of people who only sitting in a chair, spinning around with food in their hands, thinking how can i impress my boss to get Promotion.

When they hv an idea, they jump up, and tell their bosses what they should change to let people play more and earn less. And offcourse in what package it will be wrapped up so the players not even see the fine tuning. Then the big trick, u hv to buy the premium boosters so u will finish what u started. So more euro to grind for WG. So that employee is now become Office manager or someting.

Than the big Question. What the H3ll u need a tier 9 for? CW no, SH no, Randoms yes, and then again we hv to play Randoms to play that tank. Most people of the old base players don't even hit that battle button. they only play team games.

Maybe its an idea to Put Tier 10 tanks on this mode, so we can use them finally besides SH or CW. create 6 teams of 5 members (teambattle model) on the attacking side. The same for the defending side. so we can use some tactics. just fine tune the repair cost.

Good luck everyone to this re-changed event

Edited by Unicums_4_Dinner, 04 March 2020 - 06:13 AM.

ciscoasa #138 Posted 04 March 2020 - 07:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39132 battles
I`m not gonna play this mode any more. it`s boring with useless rewards

Edited by ciscoasa, 04 March 2020 - 07:54 AM.

Dwigt #139 Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:46 PM

Corporal

• WG Staff
  • 1127 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUnicums_4_Dinner, on 04 March 2020 - 04:58 AM, said:

I am really curious what kind of people working at WG. I think of people who only sitting in a chair, spinning around with food in their hands, thinking how can i impress my boss to get Promotion.

When they hv an idea, they jump up, and tell their bosses what they should change to let people play more and earn less. And offcourse in what package it will be wrapped up so the players not even see the fine tuning. Then the big trick, u hv to buy the premium boosters so u will finish what u started. So more euro to grind for WG. So that employee is now become Office manager or someting.

Than the big Question. What the H3ll u need a tier 9 for? CW no, SH no, Randoms yes, and then again we hv to play Randoms to play that tank. Most people of the old base players don't even hit that battle button. they only play team games.

Maybe its an idea to Put Tier 10 tanks on this mode, so we can use them finally besides SH or CW. create 6 teams of 5 members (teambattle model) on the attacking side. The same for the defending side. so we can use some tactics. just fine tune the repair cost.

Good luck everyone to this re-changed event

Me on a usual working day at WG :trollface:

On a more serious note, tier 9 is a step to reach tier 10. You might agree or disagree with me, but a lot of players find tier 9 to be the most enjoyable tier.

As for Frontlines, it's the most the player favorite event because of it was easily accessible on tier 8, very casual, player friendly and rewarding. We hope that with this year's iterations you'll enjoy it even more.

SIPU #140 Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22105 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

Is this live already or coming soon?

I remember I enjoyed it a lot as a stress free form of grinding credits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users