bot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23107 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

A Mod closed my previous thread for being "not constructive", even though I asked legitimate questions, and forum having no rule of a post needing to be "constructive" hence I repost:

Question:
How hard is WG on getting rid of bots? [edit: ok, maybe this wasn't the most "constructive" entry to the post, but whatever, it was just an entry]
I was sure that illegal mods include bot programs, yet even today, I keep seeing genuine bots (just now it a tier 7 match). It was literally a tank, not moving, sitting in base, turret turning wherever it saw an enemy tank, fluently, firing, turning towards anything else it had LOS etc. You know, the bot 101. [edit: I am not raging over a bad player, I saw one, I can send a replay, if WG/Mod allows me to "shame" a player, which I don't think so]
Does sending replay to WG do anything to "botters"?
I have the replay but don't know if having a bot program is a big deal enough for  WG to take action other than responding "please use the ingame report system" (although politely worded).

Is this bannable?

edit: so, I asked 3-4 questions here, are bots still ingame, are they illegal, and if they are, what should a player do if he encounters one. I meant *actual bots*, not a slur that most angry kids type in chat to insult their team every game.

I can send the replay. And please, stick to the topic, don't go "omg they are all bots".

malachi6 #2 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51360 battles

My issues are given you have access to the same information as everybody else playing, how can you be certain of botting?  I am sure bots exist proving such based on fallible, biased and ignorant (not you but people in general) assessment of a situation without access to all the information is dubious at best.  Multiple reports to WG by different people, probably red flag accounts for investigation using more info than available to the player base.

You can only watch bot behavior once you are dead, so a tip may be; don't die before the bot.  

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

Brigadier

• 20648 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostMakroros_The_Arty_Magnet, on 13 February 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

A Mod closed my previous thread for being "not constructive", even though I asked legitimate questions, and forum having no rule of a post needing to be "constructive" hence I repost:

Forum Rules:

1. Etiquette:

Language

• The official language of this forum is English. Using other languages is allowed in special forum sections only.

Do not swear

Be relevant

• The World of Tanks Forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Tanks
  • Topics irrelevant to World of Tanks or Wargaming.net are subject to deletion

Be constructive

• When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
  • Your post should contribute to the discussion or the solution of the issue being discussed.
  • If the only purpose of your post is to be negative, it is not worth posting.

Which bit of BE CONSTRUCTIVE is not in the rules?

Unhappy_Bunny

Question:
How hard is WG on getting rid of bots? [edit: ok, maybe this wasn't the most "constructive" entry to the post, but whatever, it was just an entry]
I was sure that illegal mods include bot programs, yet even today, I keep seeing genuine bots (just now it a tier 7 match). It was literally a tank, not moving, sitting in base, turret turning wherever it saw an enemy tank, fluently, firing, turning towards anything else it had LOS etc. You know, the bot 101. [edit: I am not raging over a bad player, I saw one, I can send a replay, if WG/Mod allows me to "shame" a player, which I don't think so]
Does sending replay to WG do anything to "botters"?
I have the replay but don't know if having a bot program is a big deal enough for  WG to take action other than responding "please use the ingame report system" (although politely worded).

Is this bannable?

edit: so, I asked 3-4 questions here, are bots still ingame, are they illegal, and if they are, what should a player do if he encounters one. I meant *actual bots*, not a slur that most angry kids type in chat to insult their team every game.

I can send the replay. And please, stick to the topic, don't go "omg they are all bots".

Send your replay to support if you want. Whether it will show a "bot" is another matter. The question is "how sure are you that a 'bot' program was used?" If you are certain, then go ahead.

If you want to post the replay here, then do so, just don't mention any names but allow the viewers to decide for themselves if there was a genuine "bot". You can tell support which player you suspect, not not us.

Or send the replay in a PM to a CM, Dwight is our CM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I think that the OP is grossly over-exaggerating the problem.

Yes, there are illegal modifications, and yes, there are bot programs.

But I doubt they're as big of a problem as the OP makes it out to be.

Or various other forum posters, for that matter.

Homer_J #5 Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:08 PM

Field Marshal

• 33378 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 13 February 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

You missed.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostHomer_J, on 13 February 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

You missed.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads

Hm.. yes, but what about threads that were moved to subforums inaccessible to normal forum members? :girl:

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 13 February 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

Hm.. yes, but what about threads that were moved to subforums inaccessible to normal forum members? :girl:

My posts usually get moved to Off Topic, which always reminds me of The Hall of the Bright Carvings in Mervyn Peake's 'Titus Groan'

This hall that ran along the top story of the north wing was presided over by the curator, Rottcodd, who, as no one ever visited the room, slept during most of his life in the hammock he had erected at the far end. For all his dozing, he had never been known to relinquish the feather duster from his grasp; the duster with which he would perform one of the only two regular tasks that appeared to be necessary in that long and silent hall, namely to flick the dust from the Bright Carvings.

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:59 PM

Brigadier

• 20648 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 13 February 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

There are sub-forums inaccessible to normal forum members?

To which sub-forums are you referring to?

And who are these normal forum members? Come on name and shame them.

Actually it doesn't matter. This thread has become derailed, deviated from the OP's desired discussion, and is like Mark Thatcher on the Paris-Dakar rally. 

so time to close it. 

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 13 February 2020 - 11:04 PM.

Also tagged with bot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users