17 replies to this topic

OrtegaSLO #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45750 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

Oh

I read the RU website to get it.

They changed prestige levels to stages - 4 of them.

They changed 30 levels down to 15. And for 5,10,15 level you get a token.

hmm

Edited by OrtegaSLO, 13 February 2020 - 06:53 PM.

undutchable80 #2 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14337 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Correct, even though we dont know yet the xp requirements per level under the new format and how it compares to FL2019. As the article specified its not by half, I expect the 2020 level 15 to compare to roughly level 20 FL2019, which is a lot less grindy than last year. 

Kicky92 #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16305 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS
I heard somewhere that you cant 'catch up' on your progress if you miss a week. Is this true? If so, I must object. Having the ability to catch up through the entire year was one of the best parts of FL2019. Some of us have jobs WG....

PointZero #4 Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48222 battles

View PostKicky92, on 20 February 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

I heard somewhere that you cant 'catch up' on your progress if you miss a week. Is this true? If so, I must object. Having the ability to catch up through the entire year was one of the best parts of FL2019. Some of us have jobs WG....

This is what the article said about the matter:

Frontline is back

"This year, Episodes will be replaced by Stages. Every calendar month from March to June, Frontline will kick off and take place for one week. There will be four Stages, between which, Frontline will be unavailable. After the completion of each Stage, progress is reset and you’ll begin the next Stage the following month from Tier 1. Note that you won’t be able to play Stages you missed."

This year their idea of catch-up mechanic is that you can get 12 tokens playing FL during those 4 months and then you'll have additional 4 months to play Steel Hunter where they will hand out additional 12 tokens. However they've set the price of one tank at 12 tokens so if you want 2 of new reward tanks this means you can't afford to miss a single event week during the next 8 months.

Frontline is back

" In total, you can get 12 tokens for playing all 4 Stages. The most successful players who have collected all 12 tokens will be able to exchange them for one of the following exclusive Tier IX reward vehicles. You can get a second reward tank (or collect the missing tokens for the first) by playing and earning tokens in the Steel Hunter event, which kicks off in the second half of 2020. You don’t have to play both modes—the 12 tokens you need to get one tank can be obtained by completing all the Stages of a single mode, or a combination of Stages from both modes. "

Kicky92 #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16305 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

^ Well that's completely ruined it for me then. No way to catch up 'progression points' or having to play another mode for them is just silly imo. 

I missed 5 months of FL2019 due to work and I was still able to get the highest prestige and the AE tank as I caught up and played like a mad man in the last week of FL. 

WG is literally shooting themselves in the feet with a Gatling gun at this point.... 

WingedArchon #6 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11455 battles
What I never really understood about WG is why do they restrain everything into these 'weeks' Just leave the damn mode open for a whole month, or even longer and let people just have some fun with something else than just random. These modes would be great to being able to just keep getting back for. for 90% we're already playing random... it gets old with just the select few maps (of which an increasing amount is getting BS with how the meta shifts etc etc)

L0rd_0f_War #7 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostWingedArchon, on 24 February 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

What I never really understood about WG is why do they restrain everything into these 'weeks' Just leave the damn mode open for a whole month, or even longer and let people just have some fun with something else than just random. These modes would be great to being able to just keep getting back for. for 90% we're already playing random... it gets old with just the select few maps (of which an increasing amount is getting BS with how the meta shifts etc etc)

Yeah, same here. I fail to understand WG's logic for limiting Fl mode, which is the best (proper) game mode in WOT since Randoms were introduced 10 years ago. Finally we have huge maps, intense battles, large scale use of numerous different tanks in the tier, same tier match-up, etc. FL is far less frustrating and far more rewarding, and all we get are 4 weeks of grind fest. This mode should be developed into a a standard mode in this game. I swear, If FL was a regular mode, I'd play a couple of battles every night before going to bed. Instead, Randoms are 3 min turbo +2MM toxic gold-spam battles, which are incredibly frustrating. For whatever reason, WG just wants to push the Randoms as the only regular mode on the player base, when FL can be developed into so much more. I know one day WG will bring FL to the game as a standard mode, but for now WG has decided to regress and give us even less FL this year compared to 2019, with a regressive progression system forcing worse grind-fest restrictions per week of play, and mixing FL with Steel Hunter. These two modes can't be more different and have nothing to do with one another. All my dozen Tier 8 premiums are not usable in SH, and we can't just play FL instead to get all the tokens/rewards. There are no credits or XP to be made in SH, no Tier 8s to grind, no crews to train, etc. SH should be available as a mode independent of FL like last year, not in place of it.

cheapbooks_USA #8 Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 250 battles

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 25 February 2020 - 04:42 AM, said:

Yeah, same here. I fail to understand WG's logic for limiting Fl mode, which is the best (proper) game mode in WOT since Randoms were introduced 10 years ago. Finally we have huge maps, intense battles, large scale use of numerous different tanks in the tier, same tier match-up, etc. FL is far less frustrating and far more rewarding, and all we get are 4 weeks of grind fest. This mode should be developed into a a standard mode in this game.

you can't make it as a standard game mode because the games are 25 minutes or more in length, while random battles average around 7 to 10 minutes.

R3dBaron #9 Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11893 battles
  • [ENEMY] ENEMY

View Postcheapbooks_USA, on 04 March 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

you can't make it as a standard game mode because the games are 25 minutes or more in length, while random battles average around 7 to 10 minutes.

But you can make Frontline/Steel Hunter available everyday during servers prime time (for example 18:00 - 22:00 local server time), when player numbers fill every game mode.

Edited by R3dBaron, 04 March 2020 - 10:59 AM.

L0rd_0f_War #10 Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14355 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View Postcheapbooks_USA, on 04 March 2020 - 04:35 AM, said:

I don't understand your reasoning behind why FL can't be added to the game as a regular/standard mode (or even time limited per day or weekends like Skirmishes), simply because of the battle length. Its not like anyone is asking for FL to replace Random battles. People can keep playing Random battles like before if they don't like to play longer FL battles. I understand FL is not for everyone, but those who don't like FL can always play Randoms, but those of us who like to play FL can only play for 4 weeks this year.

Edited by L0rd_0f_War, 04 March 2020 - 06:29 PM.

WingedArchon #11 Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11455 battles

View Postcheapbooks_USA, on 04 March 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

This makes no sense.
The average gamelength is of no consequence. Many, many other games have mayches that are on average 20 to 30 mins... so why that couldn't be in WOT with FL is dumb to say.

CptChiq #12 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:16 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9635 battles
This is actually good. I will only buy premium for frontlines (7day premium). I will save a few bucks :D I only play frontlines.. or some other cool mode. Random mode is boring.

Mandol_1 #13 Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19660 battles

View PostKicky92, on 24 February 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

^ Well that's completely ruined it for me then. No way to catch up 'progression points' or having to play another mode for them is just silly imo. 

I missed 5 months of FL2019 due to work and I was still able to get the highest prestige and the AE tank as I caught up and played like a mad man in the last week of FL. 

WG is literally shooting themselves in the feet with a Gatling gun at this point.... 

Totally agree with you. 
Well I should be thanking you WG for giving me a year away from your game. 
Forcing people has NEVER been the right way, but apparantly WG doesn´t learn sh!t.

DONT CHANGE SOMETHING THAT ALREADY WORKS!
Freedom over my time is essential in these weird RL days we are living in.

Just wondering;
WG what were you thinking that day you decided to make this change?
You are aware people could get sick, RL issues, family crisiss and all other things which prevent people from playing?!? 
People loss 1 week and they loss everything… Yeah yeah, you can make it up later in Steel hunter, but who the hell is saying people like every event you are throwing at em?

WG you get a 10/10 for this trick. Didn´t think people/companies could take a step back evolution/intelligence wise, but you guys actually managed it. Well done!!
Its about time you guys give yourself a raise, well deserved indeed.

Peace out and thanks for taking the desicion for me. I´m NOT gonna play FL or steel hunter this yr, giving me the time to play and support other games that give ME, not YOU or THEM the right of my time. 

F...… Mo....

Sir_Armand #14 Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22823 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View Postcheapbooks_USA, on 04 March 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

While I don't really see your point, your commment made me think:
Imagine a standard 15 min game, FL map, 30/side Destroy all enemies or the team with most captured bases win.
Imagine if the standard gamemode with 15 vehicles were played on a 2km*2km map instead? Room to maneuver, no 3 min games! Heck, make it 3*3 and make it three cap points!

deorum #15 Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 35293 battles
  • [2MANY] 2MANY
This years episode is maxed out at around "half" the time of previous FL's episode?
However there are no FL boosters no, so i suppose in the end its almost the same? 

Also there is no credit boosters rewards, and you cannot catch up if you fall behind? 

I mean, why make it so hard? Who can 100% say he can commit for the next 4 months, a certain week ? 

deorum #16 Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 35293 battles
  • [2MANY] 2MANY

Has anyone done the calculations, how much grinding time is required?

WingedArchon #17 Posted 09 March 2020 - 11:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11455 battles

View Postdeorum, on 09 March 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

Has anyone done the calculations, how much grinding time is required?

Well... I've been playing today for about 6 hours. I think I averaged about 300 XP level increase for each match (rank of LT). Some I managed capt. others I couldn't get crapdone.
I'm now... I think between level 6 and 7. so at this rate... gonna take a good amount of hours still.

cheapbooks_USA #18 Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 250 battles

they used to have rampage / domination. which was like frontline but on regular in game maps. they made it a separate mode, and it failed, because too few people in queue.

frontline has 25 minute games. you can;t put it into the random battle game queue because the games are too long. it doesn't fit well with the other random battle modes. if you keep it a separate mode, all the time, people will do as they did in rampage and start rigging games when the player base is low.

frontline is the only part I like about WOT. I want to only play frontline. but when you think about it, you can understand why they have a hard time getting it to fit in with the entire player base. the game has to have some sort of time restriction. 

frontline is the future of WOT and their best bet is to continue developing it.

or how about 1 server worldwide for frontline for all regions? with the RU base, you can have frontline 24/7.

Also tagged with Frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users