What is the point?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39382 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I am honestly wondering what is the point of these three AoI blocks when a clan like mine ranked below 700 is in a landing zone against a couple of clans ranked 1200+

https://eu.wargaming...ament/zherdevka

I thought the idea was the higher ranked clans would be up against matching clans but earning more points, whilst what I actually see is 'seal clubbing' for tier 10.

Or have as usual got it all drastically all wrong and there must be clans ranked 1200+ in every time block for the event to work?

I really would like a member of staff to answer this to explain the competitions' logic behind high ranks vs low ranks when there are I presume three skill ranked time blocks

peregrine #2 Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 65187 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I can recommend reading the rules. This should clear up your questions. You can find them here: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/guide/dawn-of-industry-regulations/

Aggeee #3 Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14161 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY

As peregrine wrote, if you read the regulations you would probably understand why, but since you havent, and probably wont, ill copy the relevant part for you.....

5.2.2. There are four ways to gain access to provinces of the Advanced front:

• Capture a province that provides the "application for a landing auction on the Advanced front".
  • Purchase the "application for a landing auction of the Advanced front" technology from the Lab.
  • Make a bid (in Fame Points) for a landing auction. The minimum bid to gain access to the Advanced front is 100 clan Fame Points (see clause 8 of the Rules).
  • Complete the "Experienced Raider" clan tasks (see clause 10 of the Rules).

What that means is that all clans need to start in basic front to get a province that allows you go attack the advanced front, or gather fame points to attack. Either way the need to play basic front in the beginning.

RockyRoller #4 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39382 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

Well you only helped confirmed the Devs responsible for the rules are the problem as they are the ones encouraging T10 seal clubbing as they are top ELO focused not the whole community which includes low ELO clans.

My question to you would be will you ever leave East EU? Or is seal clubbing to hold East EU provinces as your gravy train to fund West and UK attacks?

It comes back to my title, what is the point of any sub 1000 ELO clan taking part as all they are assured is helping you get points and hold provinces, But if the event had been thought out, peer vs peer clans might have had a decent rumble and you would have got your chieftains anyway by earn far more Fame per battle in the West.

I'm tempted to fight peer clans, then when you turn up, go on strike against the Devs plan and suicide denying you killing me Fame. Not because I hate you, as you are not my enemy, but because the Devs are shafting me again and I'm thinking FU to the rules.

09:09 Added after 6 minute

View PostAggeee, on 14 February 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

As peregrine wrote, if you read the regulations you would probably understand why, but since you havent, and probably wont, ill copy the relevant part for you.....

5.2.2. There are four ways to gain access to provinces of the Advanced front:

• Capture a province that provides the "application for a landing auction on the Advanced front".
  • Purchase the "application for a landing auction of the Advanced front" technology from the Lab.
  • Make a bid (in Fame Points) for a landing auction. The minimum bid to gain access to the Advanced front is 100 clan Fame Points (see clause 8 of the Rules).
  • Complete the "Experienced Raider" clan tasks (see clause 10 of the Rules).

What that means is that all clans need to start in basic front to get a province that allows you go attack the advanced front, or gather fame points to attack. Either way the need to play basic front in the beginning.

the rules were made for 'you' and to screw me is all I can say to these rules.

I just want to fight ELO clans like mine, and get victory, glory, fun (the most important) and a few token scraps off the floor. I'm not in the running for uber rewards (like your clan which has a chance) and so don't care about them

Edited by RockyRoller, 14 February 2020 - 10:23 AM.

RNGD #5 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 60578 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 February 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

a lot of words

I couldn't help to notice that the description of the clan you are in, is all about "mandatory team game play, strongholds, clan wars" etc.

In the last month your clan played --->0<--- team game play and here you are bitching about 1200 elo clans that are "seaclubbing" you. 

BUT,

You only played--->1<--- game so far and you lost to a 700 elo clan that in the last month played 100+ tier 10 skirmishes.

No, you can't get any victory, fun and few token scraps this way. It is not a give away.

Now that I think of it, it is. Back in the day you had to play 1 month and be among the top players to get any of those tier 8 vehicles you can construct now. In this campaign all you have to do is pretty much show up enough.

P.S: there are only a handful of 1500+ elo clans that will play to elite front, even more 1300+ eli clans that will play at advanced and many clans with 1100+ elo clans that will have to settle with basic front

Aggeee #6 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14161 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 February 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

It comes back to my title, what is the point of any sub 1000 ELO clan taking part as all they are assured is helping you get points and hold provinces

My current clan is at 958 ELO atm (about 800 when we started yesterday evening, and sure my last one was 1200+) and we took 2 provinces, so the sub 1000 ELO reasoning is garbage. What RNGD said is probably the reason thou. I dont want to be offensive but you cant complain about not winning if you dont even train. You would probably think im a retard if i would complain about not being able to win games in a tournament in <insert random game i dont take serious and know no tactics in, for example LoL or Dota2> even against the lowest ranked teams. They still train.

RockyRoller #7 Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39382 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
Good for you. If the rules were as I suggest you'd still have got those provinces and very soon be elevated to fight on the next block of provinces as you deserve it. But would you still bottom feed and seal club the East block like WG intends you to??
12:04 Added after 2 minute

View PostRNGD, on 14 February 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

I couldn't help to notice that the description of the clan you are in, is all about "mandatory team game play, strongholds, clan wars" etc.

In the last month your clan played --->0<--- team game play and here you are bitching about 1200 elo clans that are "seaclubbing" you. 

BUT,

You only played--->1<--- game so far and you lost to a 700 elo clan that in the last month played 100+ tier 10 skirmishes.

No, you can't get any victory, fun and few token scraps this way. It is not a give away.

Now that I think of it, it is. Back in the day you had to play 1 month and be among the top players to get any of those tier 8 vehicles you can construct now. In this campaign all you have to do is pretty much show up enough.

P.S: there are only a handful of 1500+ elo clans that will play to elite front, even more 1300+ eli clans that will play at advanced and many clans with 1100+ elo clans that will have to settle with basic front

so what your saying is, it's not just my clan thats rubbish, its 90% of the clans who have to seal club to get any Fame and WG made the rules because they can't fight equals peer clans

RNGD #8 Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 60578 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 February 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

so what your saying is, it's not just my clan thats rubbish, its 90% of the clans who have to seal club to get any Fame and WG made the rules because they can't fight equals peer clans

No, I am saying you are too fat to run with Usain Bolt and you are saying that just because you saw him run in YouTube, you should have some of the pussy and money he is getting.

Aggeee #9 Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14161 battles
  • [SYFY] SYFY

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 February 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

I think he ment you cant expect to get any participation prices here. If you want the reward you better earn it. And a clan that doesnt practice before a campaign like this with average players or below should spend their time ingame and get better instead of wasting time crying in the forums. Or perhaps it my opinion.

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 February 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Good for you. If the rules were as I suggest you'd still have got those provinces and very soon be elevated to fight on the next block of provinces as you deserve it. But would you still bottom feed and seal club the East block like WG intends you to??

Depends on what our mission is. If we just want to focus on getting reward tanks for clan members then probably yes, like 90% clans. Lots of fame for defending a province. But would attack in advance to ofc.

DuckPhobia #10 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11110 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

View PostRockyRoller, on 13 February 2020 - 05:36 PM, said:

I am honestly wondering what is the point of these three AoI blocks when a clan like mine ranked below 700 is in a landing zone against a couple of clans ranked 1200+

https://eu.wargaming...ament/zherdevka

I thought the idea was the higher ranked clans would be up against matching clans but earning more points, whilst what I actually see is 'seal clubbing' for tier 10.

Or have as usual got it all drastically all wrong and there must be clans ranked 1200+ in every time block for the event to work?

I really would like a member of staff to answer this to explain the competitions' logic behind high ranks vs low ranks when there are I presume three skill ranked time blocks

For the love of God stop crying, It isn't meant to be easy so you can snowflake your way into getting a reward tank. Its a competition, whats the point in flooding the game with reward tanks just for participation. 

If you want to get rewards, get better, learn how to beat the reward tanks and the players driving them. Drill your team, refine your strats and man the [edited]up. 

I am gonna give my clan as an example https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500175778/

Not by any means a good clan, we are ok. Do you see me sat here bitching because we got beat by a team of reward tanks. No, I have put landings down for tonight, put my big boy pants on and got to work with the FC's in my clan to counter facing reward tanks. 

So until you can accept there are better teams out there and actually grow a pair enough to deal with that, your points are invalid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users