Jump to content


An idea to make base capping better

Tank gold premium powercreep bonds suggestion idea buff nerf mm

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

IIAtomicToastII #1 Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32862 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

I have an idea to make base capping less of a burden to an already winning team/in general:

 

What if, once the base was capped, the game wa won for the team that capped, but the game didn't end, instead the game would continue until one team was completely wiped out, or the time expired, except the team that capped would still win no matter what.

 

The idea behind this is for the cappers to win the game as they should (for example if it's a 1v5 or whatever) while both teams can still deal extra damage, this would also prevent games that were already won from being ruined by capping, everyone still gets their cap points/damage, everyone's happy!

 

What are your thoughts on this?



unhappy__bunny #2 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 20870 battles
  • 4,229
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

So the Green team caps and wins, but then in the follow up the Reds manage to destroy all the Green tanks.

What are the Reds going to do? Come to the forum and complain that they should have won because they killed all the enemy is my guess.

Seems to me like an over-complicated addition that panders to the "no cap - kill all" brigade.

 

Next you will be suggesting that when a battle ends in a draw, you can still continue until one side kills all the enemy but the result is still a draw.

 

My thoughts are to leave it as it is. The object is to win by EITHER capturing the enemy base OR destroy all enemy tanks, not both just because a player feels cheated out of a little xp/credits. 

 

 



IIAtomicToastII #3 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32862 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 14 February 2020 - 10:54 PM, said:

So the Green team caps and wins, but then in the follow up the Reds manage to destroy all the Green tanks.

What are the Reds going to do? Come to the forum and complain that they should have won because they killed all the enemy is my guess.

Seems to me like an over-complicated addition that panders to the "no cap - kill all" brigade.

 

Next you will be suggesting that when a battle ends in a draw, you can still continue until one side kills all the enemy but the result is still a draw.

 

My thoughts are to leave it as it is. The object is to win by EITHER capturing the enemy base OR destroy all enemy tanks, not both just because a player feels cheated out of a little xp/credits. 

 

 


True - That’s not something I thought about, it might just cause the same problems but in another way, I’d still like to see some more opinions on it though!

 

But that’s what I’m looking for; feedback for pros and cons of this.



Balc0ra #4 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76437 battles
  • 22,436
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Even simpler solutions not to waste the time of the team that already lost. As 90% of them won't be as motivated anymore anyway... Just add the remaining HP on the losing team to the team XP pool on a cap. Jobs done.

 

Because let's be honest. No one here wants to fight for another 5-6 min on a fast cap loss. Just to get 400 xp as there is no win bonus. Vs just trying again and getting 1100 XP in the same time.


Edited by Balc0ra, 15 February 2020 - 12:22 AM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:36 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10529 battles
  • 7,229
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Imo, the critter from Alpha Centauri points out some quite valid counter-arguments.

So really, the current system is about as good as it gets.



IIAtomicToastII #6 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32862 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 February 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

Imo, the critter from Alpha Centauri points out some quite valid counter-arguments.

So really, the current system is about as good as it gets.

 

Yeah, my idea wasn't particularly thought out, so I wanted to gauge it out on here to get an idea of the pros/cons



NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:00 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36329 battles
  • 5,637
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Why not just accept the win and then go get more damage in another game? 

Robbie_T #8 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22029 battles
  • 1,313
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

View PostIIAtomicToastII, on 14 February 2020 - 10:23 PM, said:

I have an idea to make base capping less of a burden to an already winning team/in general:

 

What if, once the base was capped, the game wa won for the team that capped, but the game didn't end, instead the game would continue until one team was completely wiped out, or the time expired, except the team that capped would still win no matter what.

 

The idea behind this is for the cappers to win the game as they should (for example if it's a 1v5 or whatever) while both teams can still deal extra damage, this would also prevent games that were already won from being ruined by capping, everyone still gets their cap points/damage, everyone's happy!

 

What are your thoughts on this?

Would make the battles verry strange you cap you win.....than get killed by the remaining enemy's and they would still lose.....

Nah just keep it like it is..nowadays you dont win much battles by cap anyway.

 



Spurtung #9 Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:46 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 78661 battles
  • 7,767
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Looks like winning with some extra steps to me...

Homer_J #10 Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33686 battles
  • 37,622
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Obligatory post to advise some posts have been removed for being in breach of forum rules / non constructive / irrelevant.

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10529 battles
  • 7,229
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostIIAtomicToastII, on 15 February 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

 

Yeah, my idea wasn't particularly thought out, so I wanted to gauge it out on here to get an idea of the pros/cons

Well, if you're still adamant about wanting it changed, don't give up.

If you can come up with a proposal on how to change it, with the above considerations in mind, I'm certain that people would love to read it (myself included).



IIAtomicToastII #12 Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32862 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 15 February 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

Well, if you're still adamant about wanting it changed, don't give up.

If you can come up with a proposal on how to change it, with the above considerations in mind, I'm certain that people would love to read it (myself included).

 

Unfortunately I'm rather busy for the next 2 or so months so I wouldn't have the time to come up with particularly eloquent, though I'll keep it in mind for the future! Maybe I'll revive the idea when I have time :rolleyes:



hoveruss #13 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21774 battles
  • 226
  • [E-VO] E-VO
  • Member since:
    02-01-2014
Great idea, and maybe the England/Ireland match could continue into extra time tomorrow 'just to see what happens.'

GodTank2 #14 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10139 battles
  • 684
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012
Nice idea, so not only will i lose because someone capped by i also have to continue to play the game because they also want to farm more dmg?

Balc0ra #15 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76437 battles
  • 22,436
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostIIAtomicToastII, on 15 February 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

 

Yeah, my idea wasn't particularly thought out, so I wanted to gauge it out on here to get an idea of the pros/cons

 

The con is that the other team has already lost. If you have a match on Emperor's border. And you go north with 12 guns, and the enemy team sends 11 guns south. Once the little resistance you face are dead. The "cap fast" panic sets in for both teams. But you lose that chance and the enemy team gets it done before you. Do you really want to stay and fight for another 5-6 min in an 11 vs 10. Knowing that you will still get no win bonus, and the enemy team farming you will be rewarded double to them? Not many would I suspect.  


Edited by Balc0ra, 15 February 2020 - 06:37 PM.


IIAtomicToastII #16 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32862 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

View Posthoveruss, on 15 February 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

Great idea, and maybe the England/Ireland match could continue into extra time tomorrow 'just to see what happens.'


Sure, and if you die at the start of the game you could work on your jokes too :trollface:



callum347 #17 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 57074 battles
  • 480
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostIIAtomicToastII, on 14 February 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

What if, once the base was capped, the game wa won for the team that capped, but the game didn't end, instead the game would continue until one team was completely wiped out, or the time expired, except the team that capped would still win no matter what.

 

So.. you'd have to allow the idea of exiting the game after capping, which would make people farm damage easier, would also need to disable personal missions after this time... sounds like a team training to me



IIAtomicToastII #18 Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32862 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014

View Postcallum347, on 15 February 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

So.. you'd have to allow the idea of exiting the game after capping, which would make people farm damage easier, would also need to disable personal missions after this time... sounds like a team training to me


That’s a good point, I think that might kill the whole idea

 

 







Also tagged with Tank, gold, premium, powercreep, bonds, suggestion, idea, buff, nerf, mm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users