rebalance marks of excellence moe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MJX_PL #1 Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19209 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-

Changing damage and health values means very low requirements for getting Marks of Excellence in first days after the rebalance as they'll be referenced to pre-rebalance values. As a result, they will become unreliable because you can't know if someone got them in this period or not. This would be unfair to players who put an effort into getting their Marks. I think MoE should be frozen for a few weeks after update or referenced only to post-rebalance players' scores. Does anyone know if WG announced anything about it?

Balc0ra #2 Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76484 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Only with regards to missions. As they might freeze those to get data on what the new requirements might be.

As for MOE's. Tbh it will drop regardless if they freeze them or not. As the average goes up the next time you play the tank anyway. And as with new tank lines or change in mechanics, the average gets updated rather fast to be a major issue if they don't do anything about it. And if they reset them, or separate them post balance. It would be equally bad I suspect.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 February 2020 - 10:49 PM.

Spurtung #3 Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78684 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

My heart bleeds.

MoEs should be dynamic anyway. What's the point of driving a 3 marked tank in a different configuration and without the same performance?

Edited by Spurtung, 16 February 2020 - 12:14 AM.

MJX_PL #4 Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19209 battles
  • [-SBS-] -SBS-

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 February 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

Only with regards to missions. As they might freeze those to get data on what the new requirements might be.

As for MOE's. Tbh it will drop regardless if they freeze them or not. As the average goes up the next time you play the tank anyway. And as with new tank lines or change in mechanics, the average gets updated rather fast to be a major issue if they don't do anything about it. And if they reset them, or separate them post balance. It would be equally bad I suspect.

It all depends on what is taken as a reference when counting % of MoE. If it's other players' MoE "average" (i suppose you know it's not real average), reseting after rebalance would be even worse than in situation when new tank/line is introduced. That's because so many people play new tank/line in first few days. But if it is so, it would mean that you can get 3rd MoE on a newly introduced tank/line just by playing it more than other players (even having relatively poor scores in battles).

But if the reference is other players' real average from last 14 days, taking only post-rebalance values into account would fix the problem.

As for freezing, it would partly help because players would raise their "average" before the % of MoE is unfreezed again.

Also tagged with rebalance, marks of excellence, moe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users