Jump to content


ddos

ddos lag

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JavaForever #1 Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3254 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

Seems you have ddos on EU servers

Could you do something?



Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10864 battles
  • 7,457
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

There is fixed.

 

Also, you're the only one to even mention it, so it was probably on your side.



_SpartanWarrior_ #3 Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39481 battles
  • 903
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013
Honestly yesterday i encountered alot of lags and high ping,its not only OP...

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10864 battles
  • 7,457
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Post_SpartanWarrior_, on 17 February 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

Honestly yesterday i encountered alot of lags and high ping,its not only OP...

I dunno, I didn't notice anything of that sort while playing last night.



_SpartanWarrior_ #5 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39481 battles
  • 903
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 17 February 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

I dunno, I didn't notice anything of that sort while playing last night.

night was fine,noon was bad



unhappy__bunny #6 Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21149 battles
  • 4,442
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostJavaForever, on 17 February 2020 - 12:18 AM, said:

Seems you have ddos on EU servers

Could you do something?


Could you expand upon the actual issue you had?

A DDOS attack you prevent all access to the servers, everything would freeze and players would lose connection. This would be widespread and the forum would be full of posts about it, so I doubt it was DDOS on WG servers.

 

Could well be a problem somewhere on the route to the WG servers, a bottleneck, a node having downtime, someone digging through the cables by accident. Any number of things can cause an issue on the InterWebby.



_SpartanWarrior_ #7 Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39481 battles
  • 903
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 19 February 2020 - 06:14 AM, said:


Could you expand upon the actual issue you had?

A DDOS attack you prevent all access to the servers, everything would freeze and players would lose connection. This would be widespread and the forum would be full of posts about it, so I doubt it was DDOS on WG servers.

 

Could well be a problem somewhere on the route to the WG servers, a bottleneck, a node having downtime, someone digging through the cables by accident. Any number of things can cause an issue on the InterWebby.

well,last night,clanmates and i played stronghold,6 of us got kicked outta the servers and we all had ping 160ms



Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10864 battles
  • 7,457
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

"Go fix your servers, WG!"

"WG servers are being ddos'd!"

Meanwhile down the road:



unhappy__bunny #9 Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21149 battles
  • 4,442
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Post_SpartanWarrior_, on 18 February 2020 - 12:05 AM, said:

night was fine,noon was bad

 

View Post_SpartanWarrior_, on 19 February 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

well,last night,clanmates and i played stronghold,6 of us got kicked outta the servers and we all had ping 160ms

 

Make your mind up please. :)

 

Seriously, a lot can depend upon where you are in relation to the servers. There are a number of sites that record Internet problems, some based on users reporting problems, some, such as Pingdom, who monitor the Web. 

 

In recent times there have been numerous problems reported in Germany, where ISP have suffered outages. If you and your clanmates were routed via Germany that could be a factor, while players routed via France or Italy may have no problem at all. 

Likewise, BT's website has been showing clusters on network outages which could affect UK players using their services, while players in the same areas using Virgin Media are unaffected. 

 

That is why some of us ask for players to run PingPlotter and to do some investigation, not just of their own set-up (drivers etc) but also to check if they are in similar regions to others reporting issues. 

 

It might not solve the issues, but it might reassure players that not every problem is due to WoT servers.



_SpartanWarrior_ #10 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39481 battles
  • 903
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 19 February 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

 

 

Make your mind up please. :)

 

Seriously, a lot can depend upon where you are in relation to the servers. There are a number of sites that record Internet problems, some based on users reporting problems, some, such as Pingdom, who monitor the Web. 

 

In recent times there have been numerous problems reported in Germany, where ISP have suffered outages. If you and your clanmates were routed via Germany that could be a factor, while players routed via France or Italy may have no problem at all. 

Likewise, BT's website has been showing clusters on network outages which could affect UK players using their services, while players in the same areas using Virgin Media are unaffected. 

 

That is why some of us ask for players to run PingPlotter and to do some investigation, not just of their own set-up (drivers etc) but also to check if they are in similar regions to others reporting issues. 

 

It might not solve the issues, but it might reassure players that not every problem is due to WoT servers.

First of all you have to make your mind up :)

On 17th i said that night was fine,noon was bad, that was for 16th.

Then on 19th i said that 18th was bad. You did not understand me heh :D


Edited by _SpartanWarrior_, 20 February 2020 - 01:08 AM.






Also tagged with ddos, lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users