Any tips with Japanese O-Ho gameplay, 27% win rate and falling.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SastusBulbas #1 Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36506 battles

As per title, absolutely hating this tank, weekend has been a nightmare in it, no gun depression, shells bouncing, even with a full HEAT loadout (why not as all I see id premium ammo spam), but still completely underperforming outspotted outmanouvered and ouplayed every game.

Can anyone provide any tips or playstyles/loadouts to adopt as it is really getting me down. Cant even decide on what gun and ammo layout as it has trolled no matter what.

I have Mauschen as a commander with BIA/6th/Recon/ 4th skill is mentor at 73%

Rest of crew have BIA and 86% repair.

Thankyou :(

FatigueGalaxy #2 Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23510 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

HEAT? Please don't tell me you are using the derp with 150 mm HEAT penetration...

O-Ho sucks since they introduced a lot of tanks with 210+ mm of pen on tier 8 and nerfed the derp. MM changes didn't help either - previously you could manage being bottom tier and spamming HE at tier 10 tonks but now with full tier 8 battle being the most common, derp is pathetic.

Use 10 cm, fire premium AP when necessary. It has high DPM and O-Ho has a lot of HP so you just hope that you will bounce a few shots (until ppl switch to prem ammo) and win duels. It's a very limited tank but that makes it very simple to play - just drive at your opponents, try to fight 1vs1 in arty safe locations, hope to bounce some shots and try to do as much as you can before you die...

As much as I hate 440 alpha tier 8 heavies, I think O-Ho should get Type 4's stock 12,7 cm gun. Give it 1,6k DPM - I don't care. Derp is unplayable on this tank, 10 cm doesn't fit its playstyle, the tank has no mobility, issues with gun depression (mini-turrets) and armour doesn't work. And even with 12,7 cm transferred directly from Type 4, O-Ho would still be worse than VK100.01P...

callum347 #3 Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57073 battles

View PostSastusBulbas, on 17 February 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

As per title, absolutely hating this tank, weekend has been a nightmare in it, no gun depression, shells bouncing, even with a full HEAT loadout (why not as all I see id premium ammo spam), but still completely underperforming outspotted outmanouvered and ouplayed every game.

Play with the 10 cm, not the 15cm tier 6 derp gun

splash_time #4 Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSastusBulbas, on 17 February 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Can anyone provide any tips or playstyles/loadouts to adopt as it is really getting me down. Cant even decide on what gun and ammo layout as it has trolled no matter what.

I have Mauschen as a commander with BIA/6th/Recon/ 4th skill is mentor at 73%

Rest of crew have BIA and 86% repair.

Thankyou :(

Spam HE mate, not HEAT. Plus, the AP gun has good dpm, but it lacks the gun dep, so HE is your best best, because you won't suffer from any bounces.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSastusBulbas, on 17 February 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

As per title, absolutely hating this tank, weekend has been a nightmare in it, no gun depression,

The thing you gotta remember about the Jap HTs. Is that their gun depression is hindered in some spots due to the baby turrets. Between those, he can get to -7. And past it, it has -10. So angle the hull if you want to peak at someone vs going straight up with -3 exposing even your belly before you can fire.

View PostSastusBulbas, on 17 February 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

shells bouncing, even with a full HEAT loadout (why not as all I see id premium ammo spam), but still completely underperforming

15cm HE gun only has 150mm HEAT. So vs an IS-3 etc. Or even a tier 6 HT. That can still troll you. And HEAT does nothing if you hit tracks or other modules like the gun. And can do even less if you hit spaced armor. As 150mm doesn't give you much travel distance vs pen loss after impact. So stick to HE. Or try the 10cm gun. The 215 pen gun has 2200 DPM. And that's not too shabby. Gold pen is over 100mm more vs the 15cm HEAT. But that is AP too.

SastusBulbas #6 Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36506 battles

Been trying both guns as the majority has been recently the top 10cm. Last game T10 with derp and managed 2k but still a loss.

On the 10cm, at the moment.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10494 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

1: The Type 96 Howitzer's AP shell has limited value; namely overmatching armour plates up to 49mm in raw thickness.

2: The Type 96 Howitzer's HEAT shell has even more limited value; being that I can't think of any.

3: The Type 96 Howitzer's HE shell is the primary shell, and due to the reload speed nerf it got a while ago, it isn't as competitive as it used to be.

4: The 10cm Experimental Tank Gun Kai's standard AP is reliable enough against most targets, with quite competitive DPM.

5: The 10cm Experimental Tank Gun Kai's special AP shell is.. well, you'll want some for tanks with a bit more armour.

6: The 10cm Experimental Tank Gun Kai's HE shell is... forgettable. I only carry 10 of them with me mostly out of tradition, and due to the fact you got 100 shells.

SastusBulbas #8 Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36506 battles

Not happy spamming gold, but 1st win of the WHOLE day sigh.

Victory!
Battle: Overlord
Vehicles: O-Ho
Experience received: 10,120 (x4 for the first victory each day)
Bonds received: 2
Credits earned: 112,003
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Mission fulfilled! Reward: Added: Small Repair Kit (x6), Manual Fire Extinguisher (x6), Small First Aid Kit (x6)
Reserve Stock received: 11,200

26% win rate sigh

Edited by SastusBulbas, 17 February 2020 - 08:45 PM.

Dewy_The_Stirlingite #9 Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46743 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

Hi, I like playing with HEtroll guns and O-Ho works well with the HE, you just need to look the situation carefully and what your allies around you are doing. 

Sidescraping tanks are free damage most of the time as they can't shoot back usually as you track them and take cover.

Shoot HE under the tanks on tracks or just tracks, some tanks you can pen even with HE(HEAT can pen more but that's always risky since its low pen/accuracy) from weak spots.

Try to use positions where you can use the Right side of the tank so those VeRy AwEzOmE cupolas ain't so much in way.

I'm gonna cry when ammunition balance update kicks in :arta:

SastusBulbas #10 Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36506 battles
Sadly team play is very much lacking today, and it's not nice to say it but part of todays drop to a 25% win rate with the hahaha tank has got to be constant teams of redline campers not making any effort.

Steeleye_Spam #11 Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37139 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Yeah, I'm grinding it too atm. Bottom line is that its not a very good, or fun tank to play. As above, use the 10cm, not the derp, and angle so that you get the gun depression to the side of the mini turrets. With those two basic issues covered I'm getting some good games. Still isn't fun though:mellow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users