The ammunition and the upcoming changes on sandbox.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Sandbox changes (66 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you like the way it goes now?

1. Yes (12 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. No (45 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

3. I don't care. (9 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Hide poll

splash_time #1 Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi fellas, 

Okay, before I jump into the basic topic. Yes I know there were many threads created already but I wanted to add this pool.

Anyway, from my point of view, the ammunition changes are logical, for T10 tbh, but considering the lower tiers, i mean premium tanks generally, PMM and T9 special premium tank(s). 

Imagining how awful it can be to meet them or a T10 match up with stock tank or being top tier with stock tank... it'll just be annoying. 

Reworked HE/HESH:

And the way how WG actually reworked HE/HESH is meaningless, now I'm saying this while I don't even play derp gun tanks, not KV 2 or Type 5 (I sold it before the nerfs) or FV215b. I bought it to do personal missions that are already passed. 

But when I look how they nerfed the HE/HESH?  Just what was the reason? 

(I'm just wondering I wanna know the reason because it's an already expensive type of shell on FVs) 

HP increase/HP buff:

For me it's a good move especially for lower tiers, but what's the point? Since most of the low tiers will be removed from the tech tree? Like, seriously. 

Best regards to all players,  

And please don't troll, just made this thread to see other players opinion about the changes, because I might quit the game after that release, unless someone convince me. :) 

Gl everyone, cheers.

Edited by splash_time, 17 February 2020 - 10:29 PM.

slitth #2 Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14343 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

I do not feel that the ammunition change really address the issue that has.

And I really really do not like the tech tree changes.

Besides how you do test this on veteran players? Most of us that has played the game for a while can unlock the low tiers with free XP

It has come to late in the game development.

But I can understand that WG do not want to add more low tiers to the game in the future.

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:16 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20861 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

HP buffs are pointless because alpha damage is also increased.

HE shell "rework", is yet again, another example of something that WG has well laid out and it would be what the community wants, except they plan to implement it in the wrong way. WG is a veteran at this, by now.

Removing tanks is breathtakingly idiotic across all levels. They will likely increase XP costs in all vehicles so you still spend around the same amount of gold/free XP to skip the garbage tanks/modules.

Only positive change are clickers: less stun, 1 shell for 3 alternative goals but we still have the nonsensical "premium" price we need to pay for, instead of retiring the "sPeShuL aMmO" concept.

The rest, I could do very well without. The focus should be adding more vehicles. Not to remove them to only later recycle them as premium, reward or BM tanks because the 3D modelling and historical depts are too lazy to dig out new designs, while the marketing dept is too greedy to let vehicles form additional lines.

krazy_8 #4 Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39998 battles
  • [BAT-S] BAT-S

What i hate the most is that tanks that depend on HE (bt7 arty and other like tanks..) which people research only because of the HE, they get ruined.

And wtf pz1c has 500hp in tier 3? how am i supposed to carry at 3 pz1c bots with 500hp and 202% luck... bt7 arty will not work anymore.

Steffin #5 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28532 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
We dont need tanks that depend on HE.  High alpha tanks are annoying.

CBwolf #6 Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46134 battles

Trying sanbox server now,does it effect your credits,gold etc. on your main account ?

cause they transfer it to the sanbox server.

HerrWizo #7 Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40088 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Since all tanks now get more hp, but armor is deliberatly kept the way it is, you will have to shoot more premium ammo, not just because of increased HP, but also because of decreased premium ammo alpha.

Regular ammo will basically stay irrelevant against heavy armor in the same way it is now - who cares about higher alpha when the enemy has more HP and is still impenetrable / without weakspots? And for weakly armored opponents it won't matter anyway.

To add insult to injury, you won't even be able to resort to high calibre HE like you were able to do until now - it does way less damage.

Yeah, don't like it at all. Nobody wins here except WG's wallet.

Everyone will soon realise that the only way you can play effectively is to use only tanks with a combination of good armor, high base HP and highest possible standard round pen to avoid shooting premium and maximise DPM. As things currently stand, only a handful of heavies and tank destroyers tick all three boxes.

Edited by HerrWizo, 18 February 2020 - 11:41 AM.

Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53316 battles
When WG implement an 'improvement' there's 55% chance it'll make the game worse and 100% chance someone will say it spells the end for WoT.

Homer_J #9 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCBwolf, on 18 February 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

Trying sanbox server now,does it effect your credits,gold etc. on your main account ?

cause they transfer it to the sanbox server.

No, it's a one way thing.  They copy your account to the sandbox, when sandbox ends it gets deleted.

mpf1959 #10 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34038 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Do they really think that to lower damage is the way to make people be more thoughtfull over ammo choice? In short, to shoot less prem? :teethhappy:

Everything that players care about in this game is directly tird to damage dealt. If it were only a third of the damage of an AP, it's still damage, when the alternative to a bounce with AP, they will take the lower damage, just shoot more prem than before.

Oh, and just in case they resist lets buff the armour (on some tanks) a bit, and nerf HE! Result? More credits spammed in special/prem/gold, it's all about the moolah baby! :girl:

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostSteffin, on 18 February 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

We dont need tanks that depend on HE.  High alpha tanks are annoying.

Negative.

The fear factor they impose is part of the game. With it gone, the game gets even more dumbed down...and less fun/diverse.

H0SNI #12 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2368 battles
  • [BWEC] BWEC
It's simple
They want to milk the players in a new way:

Less damage for gold ammo + more tank HP + better armor efficiency = even more credit on premium ammo to spend

Remodeling the techtree with removing some tanks = again more special tanks to sell and more players-money to farm

And yes regardless of our opinion they will do it

Bedjase #13 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13659 battles
  • [S_P_T] S_P_T
I think wargaming need to reconsider this idea.
I dont like the system applied to bullets, and also the economic system. I just think this will raise a lot of other probs to lower tier agaist higher tiers and also our wallets.Think before say yes to this new system. :/

OneSock #14 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42806 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

As I have already posted, Overall I agree with the idea of REDUCING HE damage in certain circumstances. There are tanks that the HE/HESH was just silly and those needed to be re-balanced. But typical WG never bother to properly balance their tanks. Instead they go all around the houses and in the process mess things up. 

There are some tanks and guns that are built around the derp guns. KV2 is prime example but not the only one. Other tanks like Japanese HTs and TDs like ISU152 etc have derpy guns. So WG nerf the HE and make these guns redundant. seriously, if you don't want those guns, remove them and re-balance the tank.

Then there's the premium HESH change which makes no sense. Look at Cent 7/1 has less damage than the AP but costs 5x more. What's the point of it ? it has no purpose ! AP does more damamge, and HE works fine for reset base. So why not give the Cent7/1 a proper premium round ?

Foch155 another example. with HE it works fairly well, you can do decent damage no matter what you face when loading HE. In the new system the HE is nerfed to the ground. you have to load AP or Premium. But AP is not reliable in tierh 10 even with 295 pen. so what you gonna reload for 40 seconds ? being useless ? Or it means you are forced to load Premium only and lose lots of credits ?

Bedjase #15 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13659 battles
  • [S_P_T] S_P_T
I think wargaming need to reconsider this idea.
I dont like the system applied to bullets, and also the economic system. I just think this will raise a lot of other probs to lower tier agaist higher tiers and also our wallets.Think before say yes to this new system. :/

Geoffrey_Ironfist #16 Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31947 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostWindSplitter1, on 18 February 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

HP buffs are pointless because alpha damage is also increased.

I have made a videoclip and started a thread comparing HP before and after and gun stats before and after here: Tank stats comparison: current values vs balance test values

So at tier IV for example, HP pool goes up by 88%, but AP alpha goes up by about 25%, whereas HE is nerfed with 0 pen and now causes little damage (as the average alpha shown is if you penned and you never will). Gold stays the same, so that represents an 88% gold nerf at tier IV, i.e. you will need 88% more gold to kill the same tank in the future if these changes go through. Alternatively, you will need about 55% more AP shells. I have also estimated you will need on average 7 shots from a Hetzer with HE to kill a Marder 38t or a T 40 or any other lightly armoured tank at tier IV, so HE will be practically useless. At tier VII and above, the HP of a vehicle increases by only about 20-27%, so at the high tiers the AP change matches the HP change. You will need the same amount of AP as before to kill a light or medium or a TD with not much armour. However, as it will be harder to kill heavies, you will likely at some point fire some gold at turrets, at higher tier heavies, etc, and even then it will not always pen. So overall you will need to shoot more shots at heavies or in other words you will be less effective than before when firing at heavies but not when firing at normally armoured mediums, lights etc that you can easily pen with AP.

You can draw your own conclusions or watch my critique or those of others that I have added to that thread.

hellhound6 #17 Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6958 battles

HP buff is piece of crap

They can just reduce APCR damage

And buff ok some low tier tanks

But why are they changing whole game what we know so far?

Hope some clever people are in this company and will make the right decision

HP buff and 1000DAMAGE Tier X tanks are piece of crap

JUST NERF THIS [edited] APCR BY 20% AND REST 

Edited by Homer_J, 18 February 2020 - 03:58 PM.
Profanity

Bedjase #18 Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13659 battles
  • [S_P_T] S_P_T

View Posthellhound6, on 18 February 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

HP buff is piece of crap

They can just reduce APCR damage

And buff ok some low tier tanks

But why are they changing whole game what we know so far?

Hope some clever people are in this company and will make the right decision

HP buff and 1000DAMAGE Tier X tanks are piece of crap

JUST NERF THIS [edited] APCR BY 20% AND REST 

I dont agree with the reduce of Apcr because if you are a lower tier agaist a higher one you do less damage because u cant pen, and the highest does more because he can pen you and does more damage which doesnt make sence for me.

ChristOfTheAbyss #19 Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles
Like the HE changes, dislike the rest.

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBedjase, on 18 February 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

I dont agree with the reduce of Apcr because if you are a lower tier agaist a higher one

...then you are shooting at the wrong target.

Half the team is bottom tier for a reason. Can you guess why? That's right! - to give lower tiers something to shoot at! Imagine that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users