• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BoGustavus #1 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11644 battles
  • [SKARR] SKARR

Thoughts:

I like the increased HP-pool and the more equal effectiveness of AP and APCR, but why not increase the HP-pool of the defenseless SPG:s? They will suffer from being one-shotted now, just the outcome WG wanted to get away from in the mega-SPG-nerf a couple of years ago.

I absolutely loathe the non-pen of the HE. Sure, a bit more predictable (but that's what APCR/AP is for) that will only cause the game to become more boring. Rolling the HE-dice and sometimes, sometimes roll high and pen for loads of damage when you hit that small hatch etc is as fun as WoT gets. I love that! :) This is also a major step away from realistics, and not one that the game benefits from as the increase in HP will already help counter the damage after a big hit.

Suggestions:
* Keep AP and APCR-changes as in Sandbox
* Keep HE as it is now, keep World of Tanks fun

HassenderZerhacker #2 Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32087 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

non-pen HE just makes the wheeled game spoilers stronger.

every step WG takes is in the wrong direction.

I won't come back.

Flavortown #3 Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17314 battles
  • [R4YD] R4YD
You could try to play the game instead of playing arty........

Balc0ra #4 Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBoGustavus, on 18 February 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

Thoughts:

I like the increased HP-pool and the more equal effectiveness of AP and APCR, but why not increase the HP-pool of the defenseless SPG:s? They will suffer from being one-shotted now, just the outcome WG wanted to get away from in the mega-SPG-nerf a couple of years ago.

If you played test, you would notice that less can one-shot SPG's now due to their HP buff too. Even more so if they have HE derp. As the SU-152 does 400 on a high roll. That's not enough for the M44 even. AP he can, but not with HE. Even less so if you have the M4 derp with 200 HE alpha.

HE on arty still has "pen" in away. And tbh I liked the new system there. They do the same damage for the most part, but with more HP, their impact is less. Derp HE changes is a bit daft, and pointless. Same with HE on low caliber guns. I do agree with an alpha nerf on high caliber HE. Like on the Jpgz E100 or even the 183. But for the 85mm on the T-34-85? I don't see why. As the only thing they did was make HE 100% useless. Why? WG said you need to aim with HE now to do damage. Well besides the KV-2 that's true. But why use HE, when AP has more pen and do more damage. And the SU-152 AP can overmatch that spot if you can aim at it with HE, and do 2x more damage.

Also tagged with HE, AP, APCR, New Balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users