WG should impose a limit on map pings to stop spammers who ruin gameplay

pings chat spamming

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Uygar_83 #1 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4656 battles

Today, at the most intense point in a match, some (edited) who died prematurely started pinging the map like crazy and that totally distracted me, which ended me getting killed. Who knows, maybe I could have changed the course of the battle.

WG should impose some kind of a limit for players that ping the map like (edited). They are ruining the game, at least for me. Mostly because of these (edited) people, I started to avoid playing the game before midnight. After midnight, it's much more quiet and civilized out there. It's really easy to implement this. If someone's pinging the same point in the map for 10 times in 2 seconds, he's clearly a bitter (edited) who's ruining the game for his team. Impose a 5 seconds cool-down for that (edited). If he persists, add 10 seconds more cool-down, etc.

Have a nice day!

Edited by MrEdweird, 19 February 2020 - 08:24 PM.
Language.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
If they ruin your gameplay or concentration now. Just click on them and use the "block for this battle" function. Then... silence. As it's been an issue for years. I don't see WG fixing it soon.

Jumping_Turtle #3 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 73402 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

It has been on the 'to do list' for two years now, but somehow they never get to fix this.

Most annoying thing in the game, for me at least.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36048 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Pingspam is a byproduct of chatbans.

We_Just_Dinged_Em #5 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 19197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yeah, its mighty annoying, especially if you aren't playing how they want, I check after the battle and its always some 49%er.

Highly irritating, yes you can block them but it's really tedious. Just have an option to turn the pinging off, nobody uses it for anything useful in randoms anyway.

Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 73402 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostWe_Just_Dinged_Em, on 19 February 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

Just have an option to turn the pinging off,

This, so much this.

M1nt1x #7 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16282 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
There are mods for that, wg won't do crap.

Snagfang #8 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14718 battles
You're going about this all wrong. Instead of complaining about them not addressing it, suggest a solution that generates revenue - you'd get it in the next patch  :D:D:D

4nt #9 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31134 battles

View PostSnagfang, on 19 February 2020 - 06:31 PM, said:

You're going about this all wrong. Instead of complaining about them not addressing it, suggest a solution that generates revenue - you'd get it in the next patch  :D:D:D

Three pings per game for f2p, 15 for premium, and special package for special people, 1k pings for 10e a pop?

We_Just_Dinged_Em #10 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 19197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSnagfang, on 19 February 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Can I get the option to disable it in loot boxes? I will pay shekels.

StronkiTonki #11 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

In general people just pingspam the map way too much.

It's super annoying, and mostly done by players who just died.

Imho there should've already been an option to just mute any dead players, since they distract me more often than they actually help me.

Yes I know I can just block people for the rest of the battle, but I don't always have time for that.

Sure, at the beginning of the battle it's easy to just block them.

But when I'm in the middle of a fight, I need to focus on the fight. And I've often caught a shot or not been able to shoot an enemy because I was busy blocking a person that one and a half second.

Yes it only might take a second or two, but that's enough to make you miss a shot on a tank or just not have you able to react properly to a situation.

In this game, a second can make a big difference.

And it gets even worse when you have to block multiple people.

Most battles have 1 person I block, some 2 or 3. Even had a few where I had to block up to 5 people purely because they were spamming the minimap too much.

Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44406 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's been discussed here a few times but no satisfactory conclusion has been reached.

Personally, I'm in favour of muting dead players from in-game chat entirely.

Snagfang #13 Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14718 battles

Block Quote

In general people just pingspam the map way too much.

It's super annoying, and mostly done by players who just died.

Yes, players who just died, or players who are trying to influence the 'team' into playing they way they think they should at the beginning.
I often wonder; in the case of the 'dead' players, if they might not have lasted longer if they had been as interested in the map before their demise as they seem to be after...

Edited by Snagfang, 19 February 2020 - 07:02 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #14 Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17677 battles

View PostUygar_83, on 19 February 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

Today, at the most intense point in a match, some idiot who died prematurely started pinging the map like crazy and that totally distracted me, which ended me getting killed. Who knows, maybe I could have changed the course of the battle.

WG should impose some kind of a limit for players that ping the map like idiots. They are ruining the game, at least for me. Mostly because of these stupid people, I started to avoid playing the game before midnight. After midnight, it's much more quiet and civilized out there. It's really easy to implement this. If someone's pinging the same point in the map for 10 times in 2 seconds, he's clearly a bitter idiot who's ruining the game for his team. Impose a 5 seconds cool-down for that idiot. If he persists, add 10 seconds more cool-down, etc.

Have a nice day!

Maybe the guy was angry that you did not support him in anyway that he wanted,usually that sort of ping thing is a rage thing.

Not sure bit in WoW's once dead you can no longer ping,I think both devs from both games ought to have a massive boozy night out, swap some ideas, results could be interesting,such as Defenders with their own spotting planes, turret machine guns that actually work, Tanks that have a superheal, M3 Lee's with its own secondary armaments:D:D

Edited by Inappropriate_noob, 19 February 2020 - 07:57 PM.

StronkiTonki #15 Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostSnagfang, on 19 February 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Yes, players who just died, or players who are trying to influence the 'team' into playing they way they think they should at the beginning.
I often wonder; in the case of the 'dead' players, if they might not have lasted longer if they had been as interested in the map before their demise as they seem to be after...

It's always funny how dead players think they know best.

What a great idea to follow the advice of a player who's own decisions already lead him to his death. :teethhappy:

Tealo #16 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46075 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

There already is a limit on using the 'I'm reloading' function key/message as  I've accidentally tapped it more than once yesterday and got a chat/notification ban for 5 seconds automatically.

It's already in the game, why doesn't the same rule apply to pinging a map square?

Could WG make it at least 10 seconds for pinging a map square, and can only be done once in at least 10 seconds like it applies to the 'Im reloading' thingy..  

Edited by Tealo, 19 February 2020 - 08:09 PM.

Bigtime_Alarm #17 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23079 battles
If I am not too busy I just ping random squares all over the map to disrupt their silliness.

Gruff_ #18 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24728 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's abused by some, but you can mute them yourself even if that action distracts you for a moment. 

The trouble with this topic is that down the line wg are likely to restrict pinging and that will negatively effect the majority who use it as a proper communication tool, because of the misbehavior by the minority - the same thing happened with turning off friendly fire and all chat we lost immersion and tactical play + decision making because of the actions of others.

I would not want dead players restricted from communicating with the team, pings or chat wise useful info is always helpful.

reminded of this: “Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”

Edited by Gruff_, 19 February 2020 - 08:29 PM.

_zzzz_ #19 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 859 battles
  • [-4O4-] -4O4-
The funny things is, when you press T several times in artillery you get a message saying that command is blocked for an amount of seconds due to overuse. Should be the same for constant map pings.

We_Just_Dinged_Em #20 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 19197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGruff_, on 19 February 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's abused by some, but you can mute them yourself even if that action distracts you for a moment. 

The trouble with this topic is that down the line wg are likely to restrict pinging and that will negatively effect the majority who use it as a proper communication tool, because of the misbehavior by the minority - the same thing happened with turning off friendly fire and all chat we lost immersion and tactical play + decision making because of the actions of others.

I would not want dead players restricted from communicating with the team, pings or chat wise useful info is always helpful.

reminded of this: “Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”

I admire your optimism mate, but none of those things exist in randoms, you see it used well once in maybe 500 battles.

I agree though, used properly, it's invaluable which is why it should be retained for competetive/team play.

Edited by We_Just_Dinged_Em, 19 February 2020 - 08:40 PM.

Also tagged with pings, chat, spamming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users