• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

DirkDikler #1 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28360 battles
  • [DHS] DHS

Hi there,

Been trying for a few weeks to get some mission done for "the second front", second  branch for the chimera.

For example mission 8 for the Germans/Japanese, bounce twice your hitpoints and do 2,5k dmg. It sounds so easy, did it lots of times in the past for t55a etc. Now i need to do it again: i take the vk100.01P, i get penned from EVERYWHERE, i angle perfectly, they shoot my side from almost staight on.... it penns. There is no logic in it anymore. same with mauschen, they either fire heat right through the turret no matter how i angle and wiggle, or just fire HE. tried vk45.02B, maus... it all is no use. Either the team is dead within a minute and i die, or i choose the wrong flank and there's no one there, or i am to slow, ot the simnply ignore me, or perfect angle and i guesse RNG from hell makes impossible shots penn and blow me up etc.

What to do, people do it so there must be a tactic that works?

So mission 15 for USSR/Chinese tanks, do 10.000 combined. Since i have to get it, it has never happened anymore for a looooong time. It feels like they just give you teams that make it impossible, tried it in object  268 4, object 277, object 705a.. I either have no bounces, or no spots to complement games with high dmg, or one of the above. Seriously, it feels like a f..... curse.

Pointers? Just wait till I get lucky? I am getting so annoyed it's not funny anymore. After weeks of trying and having the worst games playing tanks i would never play but being forced to in order to even stand a chance to get those missions... something has to give. Normally i play around 7k / 8k WTR a day, i do not play to perform, i just play tanks i like and try to have fun. but these last weeks, 3k/4k wtr in s...t tanks with fail teams out of my comfort zone, NOT DIGGING THESE PARTICULAR MISSIONS, need to find a way around.

Help would be so apreciated ;)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Don't push vs higher or equal tiers. Just find some poor sod in a -2 and let him bounce on your 268 4. More or less what I did.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36048 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

You basically need to meet stupid enemies. There's no nicer way of saying that.

Players won't shoot at armor they can't penetrate. So you either need to hope they just shoot at you randomly, or you could keep wiggling your hull and turret to try and make them fluff their shot.

If they load gold, try to avoid them...otherwise it's game over.

Blocking missions are the worst, after capping missions.

Robbie_T #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22015 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
My type 5 helped me on this one and if i remember correctly i got that mission during a marathon event.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36329 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Did mine in VK4502B/Type4. If you can get a tier 7 game you can pretty much plow thru the enemy team. Only shoot tanks that are a threat to you, leave everything else to bounce their shots. Track tanks if you can because if they're tracked and can't pull back they'll be more interested in taking a shot at you to bounce because what else are they going to do?

Yaccay #6 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36663 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

Be patient.

To do a bounce mission you have to be lucky.

1. The enemy should not shot HE shells.

2. The enemy should not shot premium shells.

3. The enemy should be stupid enemy to shot you again and again even if they are unable to penetrate you.

aps1 #7 Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28644 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Bounce missions in the past where probably the easy ones to do. Now they are mainly reliant of a factors out of your control.
Don’t drive stupid and pick the right tank is your part of the deal.
The other players part of the a deal are
Don’t die to quick,
Don’t kill the other team to quick
Don’t spam HE at the tank.(this will be the biggest factor)
You can fire gold if you want as there is still a chance you will block it and get the block value but HE is just [content removed] at the moment
Put your part and there part together and bounce missions become achievable again

On a side note I am trying to do the block 3 times hit points and do 3 k damage to retrieve an order (yes I didn’t know you could just complete mission 15 with orders I thought you had to unlock missions 15 before you could do it)
If a tank is sat in front of you not shooting and wiggling his turret do the guy a favour and just spam AP at him( it’s one game after all and your will probably be doing that person a massive favour.

Inappropriate word.

Post edited.

~Nakano_Ichika, Forum Moderator

Edited by Nakano_Ichika, 26 February 2020 - 10:19 AM.

shikaka9 #8 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76568 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

VK100P should do the job. If map allows dont go the side where enemy heavies go .. and dont get too close, so they cant aim better. And I think, first you should focus 2.5 damage and then yolo for block , worked for me :)  cover from arty of course. Type4 same tactics.

and for Union-15 best tank is IS-7. you can do with obj705a or obj2684, but when everybody shoots gold at them, too much luck needed. long reload for damage done and you cant trust armor. Is this mission easier in grand battle? I dont know did mine in randoms :)

undutchable80 #9 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14299 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postaps1, on 20 February 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

If a tank is sat in front of you not shooting and wiggling his turret do the guy a favour and just spam AP at him( it’s one game after all and your will probably be doing that person a massive favour.

Did that against an enemy Maus that went middle road on Lakeville. Fired 3 AP rounds at him even though my pen indicator was red. Asked him afterwards if he completed his blocking mission; He did. 

tajj7 #10 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I did it in the O-I I think, on Province, just camped in the usual spots but purposely got spotted, so loads of tier 5 and 6 tanks were shooting at me from like 400-500m from the other side of the valley. 

Or maybe the VK 100.01P can't remember exactly.

It's just about getting the right scenario, there are plenty of tanks that can do it, you just need the right combination of slightly dumb enemies but also a not too good team yourself.

Something like the VKB, if it's top tier you can poke the front of the hull out angled round corners and that will bounce a lot, as angled you can get it to like 270-280, so most tier 8s and many tier 9s won't pen, even with premium ammo.

Key is to basically keep people alive who are bouncing you and kill off those penning you or shooting HE as a priority, as dumb as that sounds, but yeh basically if some player is shooting your VK 100.01P with an IS repeatedly, you just keep letting him do that, in fact you can just literally go park in front of him to force you to shoot him. I did that for one of 260 ones, in the E75, I found an IS player and forced him into a corner and didn't kill him, just kept racking up 390 damage blocks. 

You also have to exposed yourself a lot (yeh I know sounds dodgy) which often can mean trying dodgy things, like driving across or getting spotted in Malinovka field, or pushing the middle road on Lakeville in your super heavy, stuff like that to attract attention, you just have to assess what guns are going to be shooting at you, really you want to be top tier, against a lot of -2 tanks, not that many TDs and limited arty. 

They are stupid missions because they basically encourage you to do things you shouldn't, like get shot more than you should, not kill targets who are bouncing you, pushing into silly positions etc. etc. 

Oh and the Russian ones I did in the 263, get that thing hull down top tier and people will struggle to pen you and you can pretty much sit there, did it multiple times whilst grinding that tank. 

Edited by tajj7, 20 February 2020 - 09:36 AM.

HerrWizo #11 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40136 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

You need a combination of many factors, which mostly include luck.

The following should (preferably all at once) be met:

- city map (open map also works, but only if no arty at all)

- preferably top tier

- both teams need to be equally dumb, with you being the only player sticking out in terms of skill

- the game needs to last long enough for you to accumulate blocks and not die too early

- they should not spam HE at you

- they need to believe thay have a chance penning you when they actually have none or very low chance

- ideally, you should be shot at by multiple enemies, who are afraid to rush you

As far as you can see, you have virtually no influence on any of the abovementioned parameters. It is mostly luck. You only need to select a proper tank for the job and pray for adequate map, mm and other stuff.

splash_time #12 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm stuck in this mission too, I'll try to use VK 168 because it has same turret and hull of Mauschen.

I tried Maus last night, but teams were just awful, the average time of my Maus battles yesterday was 2 mins....

I'll try VK 168 and if it didn't work ,I'll re-buy my lovely VK 100P. :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36329 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postsplash_time, on 20 February 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

I'm stuck in this mission too, I'll try to use VK 168 because it has same turret and hull of Mauschen.

I tried Maus last night, but teams were just awful, the average time of my Maus battles yesterday was 2 mins....

I'll try VK 168 and if it didn't work ,I'll re-buy my lovely VK 100P. :)

The trouble with the Maus is the huge hitpoint pool which means you'll need to get shot that many more times and everyone knows the Maus and auto loads gold.

If you can pick lower tier, less well known tanks it's a little easier time.

splash_time #14 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 February 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

The trouble with the Maus is the huge hitpoint pool which means you'll need to get shot that many more times and everyone knows the Maus and auto loads gold.

If you can pick lower tier, less well known tanks it's a little easier time.

Yes true. Tiger P might be a good choice, it has solid frontal armour plus 1450 HP which will be 2900, and meeting IS, KV3 and 45TP can help you a lot if you know how to use it's armour. 

(Keep in your mind that the minimum tier for Chimera missions is T7 and above.)

I would suggest O ni or VK 100.01P or VK 168. These are the best options. The higher tier you go, the harder it gets.

thoso1973 #15 Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49205 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

The E-75 still works, if you know how to sidescrape with it correctly. Just did the 2x blocked damage missions primarily in that tank.

Also tried my tier VI O-I, but it doesn't cut it any more imo. You could do these block damage missions in it all the time when that tank was released, but not anymore.

The Maus can do it, but you need some outside factors - and luck with the map and opponents - to help you out, solely due to its vast hp pool.

I don't really have any advice on the 10k combined, other than the tanks you mention and the recommended playstyle already mentioned by other. I've achieved a result like that in about 0.1% of my games, I reckon. :P

OneSock #16 Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42908 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

But remember he also has to do 2.5k damage which means a very good game at lower tiers or a decent game at tier 8+

A good open map with VK100.01P and no arty is what you need. malinovka maybe. 

need to be lucky with the MM though

_Anarchistic_ #17 Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49248 battles
e75, easy mode

_GrooziN_ #18 Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2300 battles

Another tip I could give is to play out of the standard peak hours. In the mornings, during the day or late at night you are more likely to find...ekhm...this special type of players that will repetively try to pen your tank frontally. Also, I think I'd still try with VKP. It's tier 8, so less HP, you will meet low pen tier 7s and 6s and people still have liitle expereinece at this level. Note, you need to do really dumb things:

- get spotted early on Malinovka and sit in the open, if there's no arty

- let people shoot you and don't shoot back

- don't push a flank, even though you play breakthrough vehicle

- do damage later in the game, which often means letting your team loose

Hope it helps, good luck. 

tajj7 #19 Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post_GrooziN_, on 20 February 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

Another tip I could give is to play out of the standard peak hours. In the mornings, during the day or late at night you are more likely to find...ekhm...this special type of players that will repetively try to pen your tank frontally. Also, I think I'd still try with VKP. It's tier 8, so less HP, you will meet low pen tier 7s and 6s and people still have liitle expereinece at this level. Note, you need to do really dumb things:

- get spotted early on Malinovka and sit in the open, if there's no arty

- let people shoot you and don't shoot back

- don't push a flank, even though you play breakthrough vehicle

- do damage later in the game, which often means letting your team loose

Hope it helps, good luck. 

I also think you are more likely to get top tier more often especially if you play tier 9 and 10, I was playing tier 8 the other day and faced lots of tier 10 games so switched to tier 10 and again saw lots of tier 8 games in my tier 10, when if you play in the evening usually tier 10 is mostly all tier 20 games. 

Zmago5000 #20 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16691 battles
VK100.01P IS KNOWN TO BOUNCE ALOT, specialy when hight tier....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users