Jump to content


About the current campaign "Dawn of Industry"


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Dawn of Industry (133 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you think it's harder for casual clans (50-53% winrate) receive tier X vehicles in this campaign?

  1. Yes (71 votes [53.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 53.38%

  2. No (62 votes [46.62%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 46.62%

Vote Hide poll

Kompiliatorius #1 Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14217 battles
  • 5
  • [FF-LT] FF-LT
  • Member since:
    10-23-2014

Our clan thinks it will be especially hard for normal strength clans (50-53% winrate) to receive tier X vehicles in this event. We ourselves are "casual" clan and we don't think we will get the vehicles. We played in 2018 campaign which was on April or May, and we easily won our vehicles being in 6000-7000 position. In this event, however, it is extremely hard to maintain even 11500 position, even tho the amount of reward vehicles increased (in 2018 it was maybe 7500 or something, this year its 11500). We play in basic front and in previous events it was enough to get approximately 7 victories a day, sometimes we were winning landings and were getting x5 fame points, but this was happening very rarely. Also, we were playing less games in 2018 because we were dumb enough and we didn't put battles for 22:00 and 22:15 CET. Moreover, in previous events (at least from 2018 and earlier) we had a luxury to miss 1-2 days and still be able to get tier X vehicles. In this campaign, I missed 5-6 battles and I'm 1000+ ranks below my fellow clanmates who played every battle.

I just wonder whether it's the same for you too guys or it's just only us complaining? Maybe you have any idea why it's happening? Is it because of increased competition because you can get Chieftain/907 ? Is it because some rules of campaign changed, f.e.: clan can no longer increase the amount of fame points earned for players, now only players can exchange their current fame points for bonuses.


Edited by Kompiliatorius, 20 February 2020 - 07:38 PM.


Bradders8 #2 Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13129 battles
  • 82
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2018

I think if anything there is more in this campaign for "average/casual" clans than ever before.

 

You have the ability to build t8 premiums without having to be successful at all.

 

Plus the most idiotic game mechanic ever....being able to stick weird boosts on your tanks that give you a massive advantage over the other team if they are not boosted.

 

The boost in particular I think gives average clans the ability to possibly beat better clans they would previously not have been able to compete against.

 



Kompiliatorius #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14217 battles
  • 5
  • [FF-LT] FF-LT
  • Member since:
    10-23-2014

View PostBradders8, on 20 February 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

I think if anything there is more in this campaign for "average/casual" clans than ever before.

 

You have the ability to build t8 premiums without having to be successful at all.

 

Plus the most idiotic game mechanic ever....being able to stick weird boosts on your tanks that give you a massive advantage over the other team if they are not boosted.

 

The boost in particular I think gives average clans the ability to possibly beat better clans they would previously not have been able to compete against.

 

We don't need those shitty tier 8 vehicles... All we need is tier X Chieftains/907 so we can compete fair and square with those, who have them.

I can agree that boosters help us a little bit, we use them when fighting for land or with strong opponent. But admit that it's not all about the boosters, strategy is the most important thing and when we fight against strong clans, their strategy often is better and those boosters don't help at all...



_BabyLynx_ #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11791 battles
  • 22
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011
So there are many flawed things with the current system around clan wars. 
As a player who has played since 2011 but never really taken part in Clan Wars before Dawn of Industry, its really easy to get upset and loose the will to continue playing, because of several reasons;
  1. Reward tanks are allowed in the campaign. Literally, to earn a reward tank, you have to be competitive, yes? Well psyche, to be competitive you need reward tanks, as they are the meta. 
  2. If you cant get any land early on, you will never get enough points to bid over the other clans for games that give you x5 the points. Meaning its the ultimate snowball simulator. If you are unlucky, or start of bad, or for any reason can not get enough clan Fame Points during the first two days, its literally impossible to get x5 landings. Unless you get through the tournament of course. But thats also not an easy task because as soon as you get that far, the only tanks the enemy team uses are Chieftains and obj 907s. Which are just plain better than Sconqs, 260s, 277, 140 and all other tech three "meta" tanks.

    There are probably more things I could write about, but this is just to get some attention. Feel free to add things in the comments and hopefully get WG to realise that they need to change things, to keep it fair between all players and clans.

    In conclusion; Dont allow reward tanks in CW and fix the god damn snowball system that leaves new clans who want to be competitive hanging behind.


sid257 #5 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46373 battles
  • 276
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Having fought in pretty much every campaign since 2012 I can understand the feeling of frustration but it used to be about gold ammo as it was for gold and usually only used by clans on the map who where farming the gold.  Now it’s reward tanks are the issue.

 

Having a reward tank is nice but it’s not the reason most top clans win.  It’s tactics and gameplay.  I received a T95 in the last campaign and we had only a few 907’s (3 I think) in the clan at the time and we still managed to get 19 reward vehicles.  This time around in a 2 week old clan we have a few reward tanks and we have quite a few people in the runnings for a tank who are still only using tech tree tanks.  So the same old complaint that these tanks are unfair is rubbish.  You need to improve your teamwork ( focus fire, moving to cover etc) and improve your tactics.  Look at replays from battles and objectively look at how you won or lost the battle.  Incorporate what went right and improve instead of giving up when you see these reward tanks on the enemy team and crying that is unfair.

 



fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:52 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 61793 battles
  • 2,323
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Postsid257, on 21 February 2020 - 07:42 AM, said:

Having fought in pretty much every campaign since 2012 I can understand the feeling of frustration but it used to be about gold ammo as it was for gold and usually only used by clans on the map who where farming the gold.  Now it’s reward tanks are the issue.

 

Having a reward tank is nice but it’s not the reason most top clans win.  It’s tactics and gameplay.  I received a T95 in the last campaign and we had only a few 907’s (3 I think) in the clan at the time and we still managed to get 19 reward vehicles.  This time around in a 2 week old clan we have a few reward tanks and we have quite a few people in the runnings for a tank who are still only using tech tree tanks.  So the same old complaint that these tanks are unfair is rubbish.  You need to improve your teamwork ( focus fire, moving to cover etc) and improve your tactics.  Look at replays from battles and objectively look at how you won or lost the battle.  Incorporate what went right and improve instead of giving up when you see these reward tanks on the enemy team and crying that is unfair.

 

This makes sense, but it's much easier to put the blame on other stuff.

 

I see it in my clan too, people don't play tier x, don't grind the right tanks, never play skirmishes, never say a word on teamspeak, hop clans, etc. And if they don't get picked or lose battles, they wonder why. "But they're online since 7pm", and think that is why they deserve a tank. 



Bradders8 #7 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13129 battles
  • 82
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2018
 

 

View Post_BabyLynx_, on 20 February 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

So there are many flawed things with the current system around clan wars. 
As a player who has played since 2011 but never really taken part in Clan Wars before Dawn of Industry, its really easy to get upset and loose the will to continue playing, because of several reasons;
  1. Reward tanks are allowed in the campaign. Literally, to earn a reward tank, you have to be competitive, yes? Well psyche, to be competitive you need reward tanks, as they are the meta. 
  2. If you cant get any land early on, you will never get enough points to bid over the other clans for games that give you x5 the points. Meaning its the ultimate snowball simulator. If you are unlucky, or start of bad, or for any reason can not get enough clan Fame Points during the first two days, its literally impossible to get x5 landings. Unless you get through the tournament of course. But thats also not an easy task because as soon as you get that far, the only tanks the enemy team uses are Chieftains and obj 907s. Which are just plain better than Sconqs, 260s, 277, 140 and all other tech three "meta" tanks.

    There are probably more things I could write about, but this is just to get some attention. Feel free to add things in the comments and hopefully get WG to realise that they need to change things, to keep it fair between all players and clans.

    In conclusion; Dont allow reward tanks in CW and fix the god damn snowball system that leaves new clans who want to be competitive hanging behind.

 

 

It is fair. It's just that you don't have reward tanks so you think it is unfair.


Before the last campaign I had no reward tank, I slaved every battle in Super Conq's and 140s and managed to get a Cheif. 

 

It's also about what clan you are in and perhaps people need to do more research around that. Some clans flat out won't pick you without reward tanks, others will if you are competent and active enough. People need to have frank conversations with FC's and commanders. We have Lemmingrush in our clan this campaign, he only has a 277 and a 140.

 

Why should you just be given reward tanks if you have not earned them? All the top players in top clans now like Daki would have had to play a campaign without a reward tank, he did it and got one. The whole point of why people commit so much time into Clanwars is because they know at the end the result of getting a reward tank is worth it, they can use it in Ranked/Randoms and Clanwars. If you start saying you can't use them in certain game modes then what is the point in grinding them and Clanwars dies.

 

Way too many people just throwing toys out of the pram and crying because life ain't fair. Well you know how the rules work. Find a way of getting yourself a tank like every one before you did. Join a different clan or just flat out get better at the game so you will get picked in a better clan.

 

PS you can even just take the easy way out and BUY one after the campaign if you have played enough and have bonds so honestly I just give up with people like you.



sid257 #8 Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46373 battles
  • 276
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Immortal words of clan commander W0WW:

 

For the love of God stop crying, It isn't meant to be easy so you can snowflake your way into getting a reward tank. Its a competition, whats the point in flooding the game with reward tanks just for participation. 

If you want to get rewards, get better, learn how to beat the reward tanks and the players driving them. Drill your team, refine your strats and man the [edited]up!

 

I am gonna give my clan as an example https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500175778/

Not by any means a good clan, we are ok. Do you see me sat here bitching because we got beat by a team of reward tanks. No, I have put landings down for tonight, put my big boy pants on and got to work with the FC's in my clan to counter facing reward tanks. 

So until you can accept there are better teams out there and actually grow a pair enough to deal with that, your points are invalid.

 

 


Edited by sid257, 21 February 2020 - 05:05 PM.


Kompiliatorius #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14217 battles
  • 5
  • [FF-LT] FF-LT
  • Member since:
    10-23-2014
I'm not crying, I accept there are better clans than us when I call our clan "casual" or "normal". I just wonder why the competition this year is so high because in earlier events it was much much easier to pick tanks for "casual", "normal" clans. This year is different tho and I just wanted to hear your opinions why is that, but I see all of you just say to stop cry kid...

DuckPhobia #10 Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11526 battles
  • 353
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    04-29-2018

View Postsid257, on 21 February 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

Immortal words of clan commander W0WW:

 

For the love of God stop crying, It isn't meant to be easy so you can snowflake your way into getting a reward tank. Its a competition, whats the point in flooding the game with reward tanks just for participation. 

If you want to get rewards, get better, learn how to beat the reward tanks and the players driving them. Drill your team, refine your strats and man the [edited]up!

 

I am gonna give my clan as an example https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500175778/

Not by any means a good clan, we are ok. Do you see me sat here bitching because we got beat by a team of reward tanks. No, I have put landings down for tonight, put my big boy pants on and got to work with the FC's in my clan to counter facing reward tanks. 

So until you can accept there are better teams out there and actually grow a pair enough to deal with that, your points are invalid.

 

 



Thanks for the reference there Sid lol



santtis #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23261 battles
  • 127
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011

We are almost at the end of the campaign.  It seems that about 17.000 fame point should grant you a tank. 

 

Little over a year ago the Chieftain came and if I remember correctly you needed about 23k points for the tank and last summer it was about 20k. So it seems that this time it's the easier than ever to get a CW reward tank. 



Flavortown #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17311 battles
  • 948
  • Member since:
    02-15-2015

View PostTheLightEd, on 21 February 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

LOL we are now in a group where 700 ELO plays versus 1408 ELO.... sure WG..... sure..... LOL

 

600-800 , 800-1000, 1000-1200 Those Elo's should meet eachother. 


You have 47,7% wr for this campaign and you do realize even if they did elo-elo-elo... instead of elo-xp-xp for the landers you would still have to fight the better clans eventually.

Besides, why on earth would a 700 elo clan think they should be able to win a tank for every clanmember?

 

And for op, its the same 11 day campaign as last time, only the reward pool is larger and now you have boosters that can win the match for you in certain maps.
So how exactly could this one be harder to get a tank than last time?

 



ALLAHBADALLAH #13 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 634 battles
  • 7
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    06-29-2019

a 700 elo clan should select Himmelsdorf only, load up MAUS and Type 5 and Badger and E3, an super camp and pray.

Other than that, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA on using the Socialist method to try to get stuff. 

 

To win a tank, you have to git gud and have 14-29 other decent players including 2-3 FC's, or you have to have a good friend in a better clan that can get you a slot, and then u play in the last few days of campaign when the clan tries to secure as many tanks as possible for clanu prestige.

Other then that, you can buy the 121B, & M60 for 15k bonds each, or, hoard bonds, play tier 10, play ranked, play FL, play all modes that win you bonds, and then play 5 battles in campaign, and bid circa 30k and yo will obtain the coveted Chief/907.


Edited by ALLAHBADALLAH, 23 February 2020 - 11:15 PM.


____Green____ #14 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27253 battles
  • 407
  • [B4LV] B4LV
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View PostALLAHBADALLAH, on 24 February 2020 - 12:14 AM, said:

a 700 elo clan should select Himmelsdorf only, load up MAUS and Type 5 and Badger and E3, an super camp and pray.

Other than that, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA on using the Socialist method to try to get stuff. 

Well, there is few rules and even 45-50% winrate clans can get tanks.

1) Play lot of advances and get a list of 15-18 best players of your clan.

1.1) Invite ready to play 15-17ppl teams from other clans, more teams - more tokens on GM and most important - backup if there is extra battles on same time after unexpected win.

2) Be sure that players have decent crew and modules on tanks. (screenshots etc)

3) Pick players who communicate. Muted mics - kick!

4) Roles is important. Have 2-3 good LT players (EBR); at least two very good SPG players; rest - MT's and HT's

5) Play lot of landings in first days. Choose or pick weakest tournaments on maps you can play. Invest personal fame points in boosters up to 2.5k asap

6) Invest all clan points on bids @ advanced front. Even lose will give you more than win @ basic front. If there are strong opponents - camp cuz draw will give you half of points.

7) If you see that your team can win - play quality instead of quantity, if you cant - go quantity!

 

 

 

 



Vidmukas #15 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:32 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 61961 battles
  • 50
  • [LTTTT] LTTTT
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View Postsanttis, on 23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

We are almost at the end of the campaign.  It seems that about 17.000 fame point should grant you a tank. 

 

Little over a year ago the Chieftain came and if I remember correctly you needed about 23k points for the tank and last summer it was about 20k. So it seems that this time it's the easier than ever to get a CW reward tank. 

 remember ..now we plaeyd only 11 days at event time... before it was 14 or 28 days time..so your's info is bad.. more , wot did big changes now..because at advance front clans take x5 fame points to players for everyone win..but here you need win the auctions ,if you want play at this front..but clans can't win many auctions if he has only 1 team,..because not enough fame points for that..wot 1 more time again shows biger love to te strongest clans in eu..and took out last chances from average or weaker clans of eu.. so even we won more than 50 procents battles. same other events before..and we was more actives then events before..but we don't hade any chances to win 10 tier tanks..more events before 7500 only or 7800 players only won the tanks.. this event 11500 could do it..but anyway we don't had any chances..of this rules changes of wot..whose was done only for helping more actives and same stronger clans then average others..sorry of my bad language, but i hope it is possible to understand my opinion ;)


Edited by Vidmukas, 24 February 2020 - 12:37 PM.


____Green____ #16 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27253 battles
  • 407
  • [B4LV] B4LV
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View PostVidmukas, on 24 February 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

 remember ..now we plaeyd only 11 days at event time... before it was 14 or 28 days time..so your's info is bad.. more , wot did big changes now..because at advance front clans take x5 fame points to players for everyone win..but here you need win the auctions ,if you want play at this front..but clans can't win many auctions if he has only 1 team,..because not enough fame points for that..wot 1 more time again shows biger love to te strongest clans in eu..and took out last chances from average or weaker clans of eu.. so even we won more than 50 procents battles. same other events before..and we was more actives then events before..but we don't hade any chances to win 10 tier tanks..more events before 7500 only or 7800 players only won the tanks.. this event 11500 could do it..but anyway we don't had any chances..of this rules changes of wot..whose was done only for helping more actives and same stronger clans then average others..sorry of my bad language, but i hope it is possible to understand my opinion ;)

2 campas ago with one of my ex clans we qualified for tanks even without any provinces. Just played landings and every time have lost against owners or in final. So plan B was play every 15 minutes a battle and bids on advanced front. That worked out well. No life, no sleep but we made it.



N3rv0u5_M1c0 #17 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 57702 battles
  • 345
  • [NERVA] NERVA
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
When we can claim our prizes?

____Green____ #18 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27253 battles
  • 407
  • [B4LV] B4LV
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014
27.02.2020

AngelofAwe #19 Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 43051 battles
  • 3,394
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostTheLightEd, on 21 February 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

LOL we are now in a group where 700 ELO plays versus 1408 ELO.... sure WG..... sure..... LOL

 

600-800 , 800-1000, 1000-1200 Those Elo's should meet eachother.



So basically you want an 800 elo clan to have the same chances of getting reward vehicles as a 1400 elo one by putting them in brackets of their own skill level?
What you want is rewards for participation rather than for actually being good.
What you want is for 'bad' players to "steal" the rewards from those who are better by adjusting the playing field to favor you. 

You have marathons where you can grind a free tank just by endlessly pressing battle.

If you want to WIN a tank you need to actually be worthy of it.


Edited by AngelofAwe, 24 February 2020 - 04:15 PM.


Pansenmann #20 Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37305 battles
  • 14,240
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I was thinking whether it would be even feasible for me (currently FC in our clan but not very experienced in strongholds, let alone tier x)
to join some other clan as legionaire for next campaign / season

to get some experience on how that all works

and maybe use that intel to get better myself

if I am only able to play on 2-3 days a week from about 8-9pm till 11pm (no fridays/weekends, maybe sunday evening)?


Edited by Pansenmann, 24 February 2020 - 04:16 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users