"RNG" ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Pudd1ng #1 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49055 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT
My Type 64 crew have a number of skills, and the loader has the "Intuition" perk which gives a chance that he will instantly switch between ammo types. This is quite useful as I carry a selection of ammo for dealing with different targets, & I can usually expect Intuition to work a couple of times in most battles, often more but sometimes less.
Thing is, I let my premium account lapse over a week ago, & since then Intuition has kicked in only twice. It's quite noticeable, so I don't think I've failed to notice it happening.
Of course, it's just "RNG" and no other factors are at play, are they ? :sceptic:

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44406 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPudd1ng, on 20 February 2020 - 05:30 PM, said:

My Type 64 crew have a number of skills, and the loader has the "Intuition" perk which gives a chance that he will instantly switch between ammo types. This is quite useful as I carry a selection of ammo for dealing with different targets, & I can usually expect Intuition to work a couple of times in most battles, often more but sometimes less.
Thing is, I let my premium account lapse over a week ago, & since then Intuition has kicked in only twice. It's quite noticeable, so I don't think I've failed to notice it happening.
Of course, it's just "RNG" and no other factors are at play, are they ? :sceptic:

Conduct an appropriate test in the other direction (buy some prem time) and see what happens.

Now, I'm not generally given over to paranoia but there have been a couple of instances where my prem time has lapsed mid session & I've suddenly started doing really well - almost a 'this is what you could have won'

Leave it for a week, then I get a 30% off voucher...……..:sceptic:

Immensive #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 49779 battles
  • [72861] 72861
If I remember correctly the chance to trigger is around 33%.

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18612 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

While we're on the subject... slight hi-jack but same topic.

Does intuition cause a fire + instant reload on occasion?  Asking this, because a fair while ago I could swear it did that for me a few times.

Could have been a Gin+tonic hazy and wrong memory though.

edit: by instant I probably mean fire+switch shell type+instant reload to new shell type

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 20 February 2020 - 07:18 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44406 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostImmensive, on 20 February 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

If I remember correctly the chance to trigger is around 33%.

I do believe that to be correct, increased if you have two loaders.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32087 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostPudd1ng, on 20 February 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

RNG = Rigged Numbers Generator, copyright 2015 by Wargaming

unhappy__bunny #7 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Brigadier

• 20870 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Guys and Gals I have unapproved a couple of posts due to the non-constructiveness of them.

When someone asks a question or seeks advice, keep your responses helpful, keep them nice.

You might think you are being clever with instant put downs or sarcastic remarks, but there is a time and a place for those.

Try to learn when and where they are appropriate. 

Pudd1ng #8 Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49055 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT

"Conduct an appropriate test in the other direction (buy some prem time) and see what happens."

I've been using a premium account without a substantial break for several years, and it's that which I'm comparing to the 9 or 10 days without a premium account & during which Intuition has been much less active.

"Does intuition cause a fire + instant reload on occasion?"

Not in my experience. It simply means that I get an instant (no loading time) change to whatever type of ammo I choose to replace that which I already have loaded.

StronkiTonki #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Take off your tinfoil hat.

Also, I'm still surprised people use intuition at all.

Say if I have AP loaded (Which is generally the case), and I see a target that I can pen with HE, why should I not just fire the AP shell and have the next shell be HE?

Why should I take a risk to waste an entire reload time while I have perfect aim on a target, just to try and get an HE shell loaded right away to do a little bit more damage?

I really see no point in risking it in such a situation.

The other likely scenario is when you're driving towards an enemy that you can pen with HE. At this point, there's probably no benefit to reloading your shell.

Because if it takes shorter than your reload time to get aim at the enemy, you might as well have fired an AP shell first.

If it takes longer than your reload time to get aim at the enemy, the intuition perk will not make any difference.

Any actual useful scenario might be if you see an unpennable target and have to switch to prem.

In this case, if I knew a certain unpennable target would be on the flank that I'm on, I would've probably already switched to premium ammo beforehand.

So only really if all of a sudden a previously unspotted Type 5 heavy appears infront of me, granting me full aim to potentially pen it with a premium shell. Given that I don't have any aim on other targets.

The scenarios where intuition can potentially be useful seems extremely small honestly.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10529 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 20 February 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

I do believe that to be correct, increased if you have two loaders.

The wiki lists 17% if one loader has it though, increased to 34% with two loaders.

So assuming the wiki is true, then the OP was probably rather lucky with the perk working that often for him.

Pudd1ng #11 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 49055 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT

"Why should I take a risk to waste an entire reload time"

This is NO reload time if intuition kicks in. And anyway, the Type 64 doesn't carry much ammunition so it's important not to waste the "wrong" ammo on a target - If I have (say) a premium round loaded then I'm going to change it for HE if I get an arty or light tank target & save the premium round for something that needs it.

"Also, I'm still surprised people use intuition at all."

My crew have 7 skills/perks. Intuition wouldn't be the first thing I'd choose, but when you get beyond 5 skills you start to struggle to find the next useful one.

"

The wiki lists 17% if one loader has it though, increased to 34% with two loaders.

So assuming the wiki is true, then the OP was probably rather lucky with the perk working that often for him."

I must admit that it works more often than I expected, so I'm wondering whether it works more often the higher your crew's base skill ? (118% in the case of my Type 64's crew)

L3gionaire #12 Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27499 battles
  • [I-S-Y] I-S-Y
Having intuition on a very fast reload tank is pretty useless

Pudd1ng #13 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 49055 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT

View PostL3gionaire, on 21 February 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

Having intuition on a very fast reload tank is pretty useless

Actually, it isn't. The Type 64 also MOVES very fast, so new targets can appear very quickly.

I'd also bet that you don't have Intuition & are speaking with no experience of it.

L3gionaire #14 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27499 battles
  • [I-S-Y] I-S-Y

View PostPudd1ng, on 21 February 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

Actually, it isn't. The Type 64 also MOVES very fast, so new targets can appear very quickly.

I'd also bet that you don't have Intuition & are speaking with no experience of it.

Hmm the fact I do know exactly how it works.

It activates during the load of a shell or instantly if you have the chance.

Since you have like 3 seconds reload on the Type 64 ... really...

https://www.youtube....h?v=_8tokq0LPGk

Edited by L3gionaire, 21 February 2020 - 09:50 AM.

Slyspy #15 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14987 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPudd1ng, on 20 February 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

"Conduct an appropriate test in the other direction (buy some prem time) and see what happens."

I've been using a premium account without a substantial break for several years, and it's that which I'm comparing to the 9 or 10 days without a premium account & during which Intuition has been much less active.

This is not a test, it is the feels. Unless you have recorded, comparable data?

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44406 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStronkiTonki, on 21 February 2020 - 05:30 AM, said:

Also, I'm still surprised people use intuition at all.

The scenarios where intuition can potentially be useful seems extremely small honestly.

Very useful in high tier arty:)

FryTheFly #17 Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30122 battles
I came to here to see if I can find Real Number God, I was wrong.

ThorgrimBrenadim #18 Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36941 battles

View PostPudd1ng, on 20 February 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

I do not often have premium time ( very nearly bought the Alpine Tiger offer with 360 days but wargamming do not give enough time for players ) But with or without premium have yet to see any of my loaders switch ammo type if they have the perk to 100%, then again maybe as all my loaders are called either Stan, Ollie, Curly, Larry or Mo maybe that explains it.

Just remember RNG = Russians Need Gold.

mpf1959 #19 Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34186 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

"RNG" ?

All you need to remember is this: if I do shite, it's RNG, if I do great, it's skill! :B

Pudd1ng #20 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49055 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT

View PostL3gionaire, on 21 February 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

Hmm the fact I do know exactly how it works.

It activates during the load of a shell or instantly if you have the chance.

Since you have like 3 seconds reload on the Type 64 ...

So you've read how it works but have no practical experience of it ? I'm not impressed by that - I've read lots of military books but I've no idea how to command an army.

And yes, the Type 64 has a fast reload, but it's darned handy to have an INSTANT reload when you're going full speed through enemy base area with HE loaded, trying to spot & kill their arty when you discover a base camper TD (or three !) & realise you need something a bit more potent in the tube.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users