credits money gameplay

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

schwagplayer #1 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11837 battles
  • [ROLS] ROLS

I would like in here to discuss the credit earning issues that i and maybe others experience when playing high tier tanks

I am a F2P player and it started to bother how hard i earn credits in high tier tanks, for example in my Leopard PTA, even though i get a good 3k damage or maybe at least 2.5k, i barely make any profit and it s bothering me terribly

http://wotreplays.eu...pard_prototyp_a this replay shows my best performance in the tank and i ve still made only 16k credits, other times with 2.5k damage after repairs and ammo replenishing i m barely on the plus side

Please share your thoughts on this, i m very interested in anything you have to say

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Buy premium. Don't expect everyone else to pay for your fun at T10. How could the game keep going if nobody paid for the staff and servers?

The game is set up this way to generate cash to keep the whole thing rolling by pushing players to buy premium. If you're going to stay F2P, then be prepared to play mid tiers to fund a few forays into T10.....but don't complain about it.

Homer_J #3 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

Field Marshal

• 33686 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postschwagplayer, on 20 February 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

Please share your thoughts on this, i m very interested in anything you have to say

As above.  The game is designed this way to help populate the mid tiers.  You can bypass that by paying for premium but even then you still need to play well.

Playing a tier X or IX badly will lose you credits even with premium.

RockyRoller #4 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40103 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

Get medals, each give you credits than damage, but they are related! Be in a OP tank, seriously some are far superior than others in both the tree and CW rewards. Group with better players to boost your odds at winning which is more credits  rather than whining if you lose. Or do exploits, like you earn more credits at t10 doing skirmish with only HE and a clan bonus turned on than using gold.

Me, I play SAS Death or Glory, and 'do it my way' not the easy way.

In the end its your game, do what you enjoy :)

Edited by RockyRoller, 20 February 2020 - 10:38 PM.

vixu #5 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46438 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
f2p break-even is typically tier 8.

splash_time #6 Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm a free2play too. But I managed to get premium tanks from marathons, such as CAX and TS 5.

Then I got 112 and AMX from referral, and STA-2 from frontline. 

But mostly, premium time, I have one month premium that I got from last event ,Chinese lunar new year. My point is, you still can get these for free if you search about them. :)

MeetriX #7 Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25813 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Don't repair your tanks. You'll save tons of credits.

Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34803 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostMeetriX, on 20 February 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

Don't repair your tanks. You'll save tons of credits.

Another Top Tip is never to load any ammo

You will save a fortune

Balc0ra #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

High tiers are not designed to be a profit machine. It's not the end game area. If it was, why play mid-tiers for income and spread the population if you could make 50K pr game on tier 9 and X on a good game? Then it would be like WOW where 90% of the server population was on the end game areas. WOT doesn't have an end game. Thus it's not ideal to make it more profitable.

Ilknur_Ibryam #10 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15359 battles

There are plenty of ways to make credits as a f2p. I am a f2p player and last year from September till December I managed to grind enough credits to purchase about 10 tier 10 vehicles. It was mostly done in events such as Frontline and via a premium time from tank rewards, stacked with credit boosters.

February tank rewards  will give you about 10 days of premium time. I will be using these for the maraton, where you can potentially earn 3 more days of premium with a tier 8 premium and some credit boosters.

Then comes a week of Frontline for which I have prepared 3 tier 8s to grind and a couple of tier 6s that can make it to tier 8 for the 2nd edition. That is grinding tier 8s while having profit as f2p.  I have 2 premium tanks and I hope I will be able to grind the Barasque .These will give me 3 premium tanks with which to grind the last 2 front line editions and make a good profit to purchase the 4 tier 10s I grind at the moment.

All that shows that you are able to grind credits as a f2p. You need to strategies better and use your resources.

For me I am probably done with tech three grinding afterwards, unless a top tier 10 vehicle pops up, which is expected with the new Italian Heavy Line.

Afterwards is what the rest people do. Play premium tanks to supplement you tier 10 games. Purchase premium consumables when on discount and etc. Strategies more. I will personally have most of the good tech tree tanks. So there will be plenty of credits, free exp and fragments gathered. I guess I will start grinding bonds and perhaps find an active clan for platoons and clan activities.

Edited by Ilknur_Ibryam, 21 February 2020 - 06:37 AM.

JocMeister #11 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28571 battles

View Postschwagplayer, on 20 February 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

I would like in here to discuss the credit earning issues that i and maybe others experience when playing high tier tanks

I am a F2P player and it started to bother how hard i earn credits in high tier tanks, for example in my Leopard PTA, even though i get a good 3k damage or maybe at least 2.5k, i barely make any profit and it s bothering me terribly

http://wotreplays.eu...pard_prototyp_a this replay shows my best performance in the tank and i ve still made only 16k credits, other times with 2.5k damage after repairs and ammo replenishing i m barely on the plus side

If you don´t want to fork up for Premium then you need to accept that unless you are very good you will never earn credits playing higher tiers. Either buy Premium account or grind credits on lower tiers/in Premium tanks to fund your higher tier games. 

Zmago5000 #12 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16691 battles
only tier10 I can make credits from time to time is Grille 15.

wsatnutter #13 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:25 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27022 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
OP tier 9 and 10 are very unforgiving unless played extremely well.

Jauhesammutin #14 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postschwagplayer, on 20 February 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

This is how the game is monetized. You want to play at T9/T10? Buy premium time or premium tanks to fund your adventures.

I would prefer if the game was subscription based (10€/month) and didn't have credit economy.

OneSock #15 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42908 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

You need to look closer for missions and rewards etc. F2P you can pick up free premium time from various mission sets etc. when you hit the free premium time you need to farm credits in lower tiers and also is the best time to play tier 10. There are also often events which have missions giving bonds or credits look out for them and play tier 10 at that time.

When there is no missions or bonuses, then you are going to at best break even in tier 10.

credit booster personal reserves help a lot also gained from doing missions.

It's not too hard these days to pick up mid tier premiums for free, and even the lower tier premiums which cost less than 10 quid will make credits.

Oh and you need to plan your upgrades and wait for discount events. Try to get all equipment and consumables on discount.

Edited by OneSock, 21 February 2020 - 10:00 AM.

1ucky #16 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91769 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Look at the different premium time offers and pick the one that offers the best value for money, for you. Sometimes you can also get premium time bundled up with a nice premium tank that you'd like.

It doesn't have to be expensive. If you look through the offers you'll find out at least roughly what pays off the most. (For example, buying stuff in bulk is cheaper, usually. Doesn't hurt to calculate it through though, if you're not sure.)

splash_time #17 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post1ucky, on 21 February 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

Look at the different premium time offers and pick the one that offers the best value for money, for you. Sometimes you can also get premium time bundled up with a nice premium tank that you'd like.

It doesn't have to be expensive. If you look through the offers you'll find out at least roughly what pays off the most. (For example, buying stuff in bulk is cheaper, usually. Doesn't hurt to calculate it through though, if you're not sure.)

If he's/she's trying to "hf" in WoT then "buying" isn't an option, because imo the ones who buy premium tanks and premium time are enjoying the game too but they are trying to achieve different things inside the game. Such as campaign tanks, clan wars, different events and so on. :)

JocMeister #18 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28571 battles

Also don´t forget credit boosters. They are given out for free during marathons/missions and make credit grinding a lot easier. I just ran a 2 hour credit grind with boosters and playing only premium tanks (which you can also get for free during marathons) and made 1.6 million credits. What I generally do to avoid burning out is playing 1 booster/day max. That will give me around 10-12 million in a week. 

I currently have almost 100 boosters which I have gotten completely free. They are a great source of credits.

schwagplayer #19 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11837 battles
  • [ROLS] ROLS

Thank you all for your feedback! Also i would like to address some things here:

-i am more of a casual player, so investing in premium time doesn t really do it for me, as i m not going to benefit fully from the bonuses(i don t have that much time or not the type to play heavy hours this game at once)

-i consider to be a decently skilled player (https://tanks.gg/eu/schwagplayer) and having a good performance on average isn t an issue

-i would like to hear suggestions of OP tanks so that i know what to look for in the future for maybe a better experience(at the moment i don t really have a great set of tanks or a plan to get certain tanks)

-i am not complaining per se, i just want to have a better understanding of the current situation of the game and measures i can take to better my gameplay experience

Once again, thank you for investing the time to answer my questions and any new feedback is welcome

tajj7 #20 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You have to play at a high level to make credits free to play on tier 9 and 10.

Like 3k plus DPGs, not too many premium rounds used, doing your own spotting etc.

Like Shish's free to play account shows it can be done. Otherwise as others have said it's grinding credits in other tiers, grinding for free premiums, playing frontlines or other modes for credit rewards and credit booster rewards, completing the PMs they give you plenty of credits.

I think, but I am not sure, but you might be able to buy 1 hour credit boosters for gold in game. 

Also tagged with credits, money, gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users