ebr aiming fast

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Blackwood #1 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:11 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 42871 battles
  • [NOB] NOB

WG, can you please consider that we can aim at those wheeled vehicles as they can aim at us?

So, they can just aim somewhere close to the opponent and lock-on them and above all that hit them in full speed like they are not moving at all, BUT when you try to aim them at full speed driving, let's say some other light tank, you must click several times and then, if you are not dead by that time, you pray that your auto-aim is at least good as theirs.

tajj7 #2 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Seriously, why would you take on WVs in that sort of fight? 

Shoot at them from medium to longer ranges, using terrain and bush cover to outspot them and then shoot from a stationary position, try to predict where they are going and particularly wait for them to turn directly towards or away from you as that requires no lead, just timing.

They are honestly not that hard to hit, especially in higher tier lights, meds and most of the smaller calibre heavies, just requires a little thought and calmness. Most people I see missing WVs seem to panic a lot and rush shots, shooting as soon as they see them. 

Driving around in the open, trying to have an auto-aim fight against them, in other lights, is like trying to have a hull down fight with a Super Conqueror in a Leo 1, it's just feeding their strengths. 

Also remember that if they are using auto-aim, it means they are aiming at centre-mass because that is what auto-aim does, which means if you peek ridges or corners and only expose a small amount of your tank, they will struggle to hit you. 

Edited by tajj7, 21 February 2020 - 11:18 AM.

splash_time #3 Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15563 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Auto aim isn't good at all against WVs, because mostly it aims in middle, which means you'll hit the wheels if he turns around. 

Best thing is to keep them spotted so your team manage to finish them while they keep yoloing around. Plus, the only LT that can go in a 1 vs 1 with it and survive is T100-LT.

Blackwood #4 Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 42871 battles
  • [NOB] NOB
Great guys but you are missing the point. Point is that you need far more time to aim them while they get auto-aim on vehicle proximity. I'm not talking about how to spot them or fight them. It's about aiming time!

tajj7 #5 Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBlackwood, on 21 February 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

Great guys but you are missing the point. Point is that you need far more time to aim them while they get auto-aim on vehicle proximity. I'm not talking about how to spot them or fight them. It's about aiming time!

Auto-aim doesn't aim any faster or get any better RNG, it's actually quite finicky on the wheeled vehicles to get a lock, especially at closer ranges and can take a while to even get the lock. 

Auto-aim doesn't work on 'vehicle proximity'. 

If you have a fast aiming tank, something like a tier 10 medium, you'll be able to manually aim and hit them more reliably than they will be able to auto-aim and hit you. 

Wrinkly #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51520 battles
I'd rather they just moved the WVs to their own game mode. Let them battle other WVs or better, bots.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Posttajj7, on 21 February 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

To be fair, it's not like everyone seeks them out with that speed. They do relocate rather fast to appear right next to you when they were last spotted 7 lanes up 30 seconds ago.

That said, your other points do still hold tho. As if they do get the jump on me. I hold my fire until they turn, or show their side so I can lead better. And if you use auto-aim, you already lost tbh. As vs that speed + the input delay. You won't hit them often vs how much they hit you. Go manual, you will fire less often, but hit more often. As then you won't send most shots low into the wheels and into the air behind them as auto-aim can do.

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32884 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Every tank in the game won't hit a full speed EBR with auto-aim. An EBR at full speed will hit every tank in the game with auto-aim.

It's called balance.... wait.... ah, that's right it's not it's called broken as foch. 

Gruff_ #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24721 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBlackwood, on 21 February 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

Do you not think it would be better to take away their advatangous auto aim system rather than further dumb down the game and give that system to every other tank also?

tajj7 #10 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 February 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Every tank in the game won't hit a full speed EBR with auto-aim. An EBR at full speed will hit every tank in the game with auto-aim.

It's called balance.... wait.... ah, that's right it's not it's called broken as foch. 

No that is called making things up. 

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20806 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Posttajj7, on 21 February 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

Shoot at them from medium to longer ranges, using terrain and bush cover to outspot them and then shoot from a stationary position, try to predict where they are going and particularly wait for them to turn directly towards or away from you as that requires no lead, just timing.

They are honestly not that hard to hit, especially in higher tier lights, meds and most of the smaller calibre heavies, just requires a little thought and calmness. Most people I see missing WVs seem to panic a lot and rush shots, shooting as soon as they see them. 

Driving around in the open, trying to have an auto-aim fight against them, in other lights, is like trying to have a hull down fight with a Super Conqueror in a Leo 1, it's just feeding their strengths. 

Also remember that if they are using auto-aim, it means they are aiming at centre-mass because that is what auto-aim does, which means if you peek ridges or corners and only expose a small amount of your tank, they will struggle to hit you. 

View Postsplash_time, on 21 February 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

Auto aim isn't good at all against WVs, because mostly it aims in middle, which means you'll hit the wheels if he turns around. 

Best thing is to keep them spotted so your team manage to finish them while they keep yoloing around. Plus, the only LT that can go in a 1 vs 1 with it and survive is T100-LT.

With regards with Tajj said, yesterday I smoked a 75 by auto aiming in my Chi-Ri, over 300m.

It really boils down to that: good timing.

They zig zag but every time they change direction they make themselves a static target. That's where you come in.

I'm not claiming I am good at it. This only goes to show you of what is possible.

Pansenmann #12 Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37261 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I strongly support the OP in a change of the autoaim lock-on threshold.

it should definately work like the old autoaim+ mod did back in the past where everyone was using it

(without the snapping-on when target is behind cover)

so that would make me use autoaim from time to time again.
(I already put it on left shift so I rarely use it)

Edited by Pansenmann, 22 February 2020 - 12:57 AM.

EMILY__BLUNT #13 Posted 22 February 2020 - 01:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21362 battles
  • [JERLA] JERLA

View Posttajj7, on 21 February 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

They are honestly not that hard to hit

agreed, but if they are standing 2 h with they tyers in concrete

Spurtung #14 Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78574 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 February 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

Your premise is flawed.

If you are clueless, it's alright; if you're being dishonest, it's not. Which one is it?

Edited by Spurtung, 22 February 2020 - 05:35 AM.

bnmm113 #15 Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10729 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 February 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

yeah hit every time.....

check my hit ratio in my wv….

it is lower than my other lights hit ratio.....

wv are only good at agrressive spotting and drive by-s

Homer_J #16 Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsplash_time, on 21 February 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

You can use autoaim quite successfully if you lock on then wait until they turn toward or away from you.

bnmm113 #17 Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10729 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View PostHomer_J, on 22 February 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

You can use autoaim quite successfully if you lock on then wait until they turn toward or away from you.

this…. so much this….

wait for wv to go toward or away from you and just hit it....

especially if using he, as you Will decimate the vehicle….

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32884 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Posttajj7, on 21 February 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

No that is called making things up. 

View PostSpurtung, on 22 February 2020 - 01:51 AM, said:

Your premise is flawed.

If you are clueless, it's alright; if you're being dishonest, it's not. Which one is it?

View Postbnmm113, on 22 February 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

yeah hit every time.....

check my hit ratio in my wv….

it is lower than my other lights hit ratio.....

wv are only good at agrressive spotting and drive by-s

What seriously? It was a joke, to add to such a cringe thread. Back to bed lads. :rolleyes:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36260 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBlackwood, on 21 February 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

You missed the point, you shouldn't rely on auto-aim, you need to lead your targets if you want to hit them.

shikaka9 #20 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76221 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostBlackwood, on 21 February 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

WG, can you please consider that we can aim at those wheeled vehicles as they can aim at us?

So, they can just aim somewhere close to the opponent and lock-on them and above all that hit them in full speed like they are not moving at all, BUT when you try to aim them at full speed driving, let's say some other light tank, you must click several times and then, if you are not dead by that time, you pray that your auto-aim is at least good as theirs.

a poor peasant can understand a majestic Stalin  

Also tagged with ebr, aiming, fast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users