Thoughts about sandbox and recent announcement by WG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49235 battles

so having read the WG statement about the sandbox results i am delighted to see they are going to have another look at the HE ideas

two areas have confused me

Why buff damage on low calibre tanks and nerf on high calibre tanks

1 shots on tanks, especially low tier games

it actually seems the two thoughts are never going to work together as buffing the HE damage on low calibre HE would increase the chances of being one shot at low tiers ??  At high tiers T95 Chieftan has no balancing tanks if you nerf HE on large calibre tanks, E100 vs T95 Chieftan a non starter

should WG actually go the other way?  nerf low calibre HE a bit, but buff massive calibre guns a bit?

please note i am talking purely HE, not HESH/HEP and obviously the Type 5 HE was hated in game as it was pay to do more damage but if you wish to balance the game it would it be better to tweak the opposite of what WG tried?

GodTank2 #2 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10036 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
Read the article again. HE will have 0 pen in the update so no one will one shot low tier tanks.

_Anarchistic_ #3 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49235 battles

View PostGodTank2, on 21 February 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

Read the article again. HE will have 0 pen in the update so no one will one shot low tier tanks.

no, they said 'it was a mistake to remove penetration from the parameters of HE shells'

and having spent quite a few hours on the sandbox I am delighted they have said that as the rework was just bad

Balc0ra #4 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you played the test on even the BT-7A with HE, it hardly did anything. Same with the M2 medium derp. The combo of more HP and zero pen with less HE alpha made one-shots a thing of the past. The idea was that it always did damage on lower calibers. But with a 560 HP T67 and a 200 alpha M4 derp with zero mm of pen. Not much is gonna happen. As part of the change was also that HE no longer pens. As in the internal detonation mechanics was gone. And only external damage was counted. Thus the 0mm HE pen idea. So even with going back on the 0mm pen idea. They still want the "always do damage" for less alpha part.

And if you consider that the Jgpz E100 has the old Type 5 derp gold as his HE. Just consider how that would work if they "buffed" high calibers instead.

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 February 2020 - 02:30 PM.

_Anarchistic_ #5 Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49235 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 February 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

If you played the test on even the BT-7A with HE, it hardly did anything. Same with the M2 medium derp. The combo of more HP and zero pen with less HE alpha made one-shots a thing of the past. The idea was that it always did damage on lower calibers. But with a 560 HP T67 and a 200 alpha M4 derp with zero mm of pen. Not much is gonna happen. As part of the change was also that HE no longer pens. As in the internal detonation mechanics was gone. And only external damage was counted. Thus the 0mm HE pen idea. So even with going back on the 0mm pen idea. They still want the "always do damage" for less alpha part.

And if you consider that the Jgpz E100 has the old Type 5 derp gold as his HE. Just consider how that would work if they "buffed" high calibers instead.

missed the removal of the internal mechanics I have to admit

but you have lost me on the JPE100?  did they change the ammo on the test, I did not try that tank, I was trying the FV4005, type5 etc

also how then might you balance tanks like the chieftan  as WG will never nerf these tanks with weak spots like cupolas, or make E100 more competitive?

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 21 February 2020 - 02:38 PM.

DawidKotek #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34722 battles
  • [L-BOB] L-BOB

You will able buy the removed tier 6-10 for credits is rubbish!!!!. I spent months researching them , so what bonus i get if now everyone will able buy them for credits.

I will WANT A FREE EXP REFUND for researching all of them tanks!!!!

---- THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE TECH TREE CHANGE!

Edited by DawidKotek, 21 February 2020 - 04:13 PM.

TomatoShooter #7 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View PostDawidKotek, on 21 February 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

You will able buy the removed tier 6-10 for credits is rubbish!!!!. I spent months researching them , so what bonus i get if now everyone will able buy them for credits.

I will WANT A FREE EXP REFUND for researching all of them tanks!!!!

---- THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE TECH TREE CHANGE!

No you wont, only tiers 1-5 can be bought with credits...Tier 6-10 will become special vehicles obtainable through events/bond shop/christmas loot boxes/blackmarket etc... Maybe read before posting like a little girl that lost her Barbie? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users