Bobbing. Good or Bad

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lee3452 #1 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17402 battles

Hi Guys

Been away for a while but just started to play again. I notice that team damage has been removed and seems to me to be a bad thing. In many battles especially when playing heavies you will get a med drive in front of you just as you are about to take a shot. They then start bobbing back and forth blocking everyone else from getting a shot in. You either have to back off and watch this go on and on or move somewhere else. Only to arrive at a new spot and again someone drives in front of you and starts this bobbing routine. This happens a lot in city/building areas. This behaviour effectively cuts the team fire drastically. Before they ran the risk of friendly fire. But now they just do it with impunity.

So is it a good thing to do or not?

Edited by Lee3452, 21 February 2020 - 04:08 PM.

Rati_Festa #2 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51308 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLee3452, on 21 February 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hi Guys

Been away for a while but just started to play again. I notice that team damage has been removed and seems to me to be a bad thing. In many battles especially when playing heavies you will get a med drive in front of you just as you are about to take a shot. They then start bobbing back and forth blocking everyone else from getting a shot in. You either have to back off and watch this go on and on or move somewhere else. Only to arrive at a new spot and again someone drives in front of you and starts this bobbing routine. This happens a lot in city/building areas. This behaviour effectively cuts the team fire drastically. Before they ran the risk of friendly fire. But now they just do it with impunity.

The change was great for light tanks as they now don't get bullied by so-called teammates thinking they should go spot... or yolo suicide.

The change, in my opinion, wasn't so good for heavy tanks as now you get muppets barging and driving in front of you without any fear of being "accidentally" shot. In balance and now the experience of playing 100s of games with team damage off, I prefered team damage to be in game.

And yes I agree with you there are a lot of players now playing like [edited]with no repercussions. No doubt LethalWally will now crawl from under his rock and advise us to report them all with video evidence as we are now not only players but cyber police :) 

LethalWalou #3 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34824 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostLee3452, on 21 February 2020 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hi Guys

Bobbing? You have an example of it in form of a replay?

All I can think of people baiting for shots from the enemies. If you are willing to go out and take damage in order to do damage, then do it. I doubt anyone ''bobbing'' or baiting for shots is going to make a difference to you.

But if it's not that behaviour you mean, I don't really understand and would prefer an example.

tajj7 #4 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Not really seen much of this and think the benefits of team damage going far outweigh (if they exist) the negatives. 

I think people rushing for the last bits of damage have never really cared if they get shot, as in most situations like that it doesn't really matter. 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It happens rarely. And if TD was on, you still could not shoot, and people did the same even then.

If you have 4 HT's on the same corner all driving back and forth. You already cut the team firing efficiency down as is.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61773 battles

View PostLee3452, on 21 February 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hi Guys

Overall its probably a good if not very realistic change.

I didn't experience FF very often and seldom hit a teammate by accident so leave it in remove it I didn't mind either way.

Players push in front about the same as they always did and push other players again about as often.

The plus side is that its only the damage that's been removed not the punishment.

Shoot a friendly tank often enough and you get a ban.

The victim suffers no ill effects unless they retaliate

Lee3452 #7 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17402 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 21 February 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

Bobbing? You have an example of it in form of a replay?

All I can think of people baiting for shots from the enemies. If you are willing to go out and take damage in order to do damage, then do it. I doubt anyone ''bobbing'' or baiting for shots is going to make a difference to you.

But if it's not that behaviour you mean, I don't really understand and would prefer an example.

Call it baiting if you want.

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 February 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

It happens rarely. And if TD was on, you still could not shoot, and people did the same even then.

If you have 4 HT's on the same corner all driving back and forth. You already cut the team firing efficiency down as is.

I must be unlucky or doing it all wrong. Which I would not rule out the dong it wrong.

But I am getting to the point that if they don't care about me being already there and about to take a shot. Then I will start slotting in behind them and when they rock forward I will also.

Rati_Festa #8 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51308 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttajj7, on 21 February 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Not really seen much of this and think the benefits of team damage going far outweigh (if they exist) the negatives. 

I think people rushing for the last bits of damage have never really cared if they get shot, as in most situations like that it doesn't really matter. 

I very rarely noticed it when playing my meds and lights... happens far more when playing heavies. Grinding credits recently in my 112 and playing the dual guns, mainly where I need to aim for longer some of my sessions.... just super frustrating in city matches. Mainly being bumped when aiming by red, orange, and sometimes yellow stat players.

Get a lot of players thinking that spots are "theirs" as well, the 112 moves faster than more or less all the other t8 heavies. I get to a hulldown spot only to be rammed in the back by a muppet in a slower tank... I "pinched" his spot.

15:51 Added after 1 minute

View PostLee3452, on 21 February 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

I must be unlucky or doing it all wrong. Which I would not rule out the dong it wrong.

But I am getting to the point that if they don't care about me being already there and about to take a shot. Then I will start slotting in behind them and when they rock forward I will also.

Are you playing hull down heavies?

If your allies are playing them too while baiting, they may be trying to take shots onto their turret but not want the enemy to hit the weaker hatch. It's a tactic, but not great if you are next to the "bobber" as they will continually nudge you if you are both close.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 21 February 2020 - 04:54 PM.

Strappster #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles
I was against the removal of team damage and I stand by that, even after taking a hit from our arty who couldn't aim when I was on 82hp in a battle earlier today. It's more dumbing down that the game didn't need. Sure, there were occasions when a stroppy child would put a shell into me for not spotting how he wanted but he'd get a punishment for that and largely the system worked.

LethalWalou #10 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34824 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostLee3452, on 21 February 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

If it is baiting that you mean, it's perfectly fine. It's a working tactic in out-damaging the enemy. If you are fine with peeking and taking damage in order to do damage, then the other person baiting or "bobbing" shouldn't affect you at all. Just peek more and take the damage and do your damage... No problem in it. 

Schepel #11 Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 67120 battles

View PostStrappster, on 21 February 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

I was against the removal of team damage and I stand by that, even after taking a hit from our arty who couldn't aim when I was on 82hp in a battle earlier today. It's more dumbing down that the game didn't need. Sure, there were occasions when a stroppy child would put a shell into me for not spotting how he wanted but he'd get a punishment for that and largely the system worked.

I very much agree.

Not that it matters in any way, I doubt WG is going to bring FF back.

Lee3452 #12 Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17402 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 21 February 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

If it is baiting that you mean, it's perfectly fine. It's a working tactic in out-damaging the enemy. If you are fine with peeking and taking damage in order to do damage, then the other person baiting or "bobbing" shouldn't affect you at all. Just peek more and take the damage and do your damage... No problem in it.

Ok you wait for the enemy to fire you roll forward then bobber starts bobbing in front of you baiting other tank. He fires moves back waits for reload and so it goes on. Your shot is blocked and bobber moves back and enemy fire hitting you not bobber. Heavies can not just bob back and forth. Bobber is only thinking of himself.

Edited by Lee3452, 21 February 2020 - 05:43 PM.

LethalWalou #13 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34824 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostLee3452, on 21 February 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Ok you wait for the enemy to fire you roll forward then bobber starts bobbing in front of you baiting other tank. He fires moves back waits for reload and so it goes on. Your shot is blocked and bobber moves back and enemy fire hitting you not bobber. Heavies can not just bob back and forth. Bobber is only thinking of himself.

Do you have an example of this, in a form of a replay ooor like a replay.

Lee3452 #14 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17402 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 21 February 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

Do you have an example of this, in a form of a replay ooor like a replay.

Sorry did not take a note of the last time it happened just searched the last one I thought it was and it wasn't. If you doubt it happens then that is down to you.

1ucky #15 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91645 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
I think overall it's good that it's been removed from randoms, but it's still there in clan battles, if you really miss it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users