Jump to content


IS-3 "Pike" Style

Premium shop IS-3 Style

  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Lemmingtrain #1 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1934 battles
  • 956
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-24-2012

No doubt we will be seeing many more to come along these lines - will there be a ready market for these or will it be seen as a blatant cash grab (or both)?

 

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/18217/



Balc0ra #2 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 79314 battles
  • 24,564
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

The Lowe one last week was way to pricey. This is better. But still nothing I will grab for that price.

 

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 February 2020 - 06:29 PM.


But_Can_You_Meme #3 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 27299 battles
  • 62
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

It's a way for them to make money AND it doesn't ruin battles like an OP tank would.

 

IMHO this is a good way to put transactions in a game.

 

They make money and anyone who doesn't want to buy them isn't negatively affected :great:



Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37044 battles
  • 13,199
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

£8.51 for a skin is taking the mickey

But I'm happy for anyone with more money than sense to buy it

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38269 battles
  • 5,969
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Oh...I thought it was a nEw PrEmIUm tAnK, thank goodness it isn't.

 

3D styles are nice...but I wish we could choose what bits and pieces to put on our tank individually, like with emblems and decals.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38686 battles
  • 7,042
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostLemmingtrain, on 21 February 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

No doubt we will be seeing many more to come along these lines - will there be a ready market for these or will it be seen as a blatant cash grab (or both)?

 

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/18217/

 

I'm sure some geniuses will likely whine about WG monetising the game in a way that doesn't hurt the gameplay. Probably the same geniuses that whine about monetising it with OP premium tanks that do. 



JocMeister #7 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29942 battles
  • 2,933
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
Seriously. 10 euro for a tier 8 standard techtree camo. WG are really trying to milk the last of the cow. 

FatigueGalaxy #8 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 25011 battles
  • 2,645
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

Price is still too high - people can get a month of premium for the same money... When WG will learn that cosmetics items should be dirt cheap so a lot of players will buy them? Marketing them as limited, exclusive offers is a complete opposite of what they should be doing to monetize cosmetics. Why there is no special section in the premium shop for them?

 

Seriously, WG is 5 years behind every other f2p game when it comes to monetization. They could be selling skins like this in millions while there are still hundreds of thousands players logging in each day but instead they would rather make another OP premium, put pressure at players with their limited offers (you can buy it now or wait god knows how long to have another chance...) or make marathons where they put a tank into a bloated (because now even directives have monetary value) bundle so with 50% discount you can buy it for a normal price...



Randomar #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32240 battles
  • 506
  • Member since:
    10-18-2015
This is a proof that the artists who work for Wargaming don't play the game either.
 
Otherwise they'd know that 2 items are missing:
No camo for winter.
No camo for desert.
 
It would need 5 minutes in a picture processing tool to switch the colors.
 
I have just saved 10 euros.
Plus 15 for not buying the 3D skin for the Loewe.
If this continues, WoT will make me a millionaire, too.:P


Aiston #10 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22254 battles
  • 1,606
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013
This is how they should have been selling things in the first place, meaningless crap instead of stupid OP tanks.

kaneloon #11 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33452 battles
  • 4,844
  • [CROWD] CROWD
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011
Too cheap will ruin the "uncommon" effect, a bit like the obj 140 or the 430u which 3d camos almost everyone has. Especially impressive in CW battles ;)

pihip #12 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18383 battles
  • 1,724
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostBut_Can_You_Meme, on 21 February 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's a way for them to make money AND it doesn't ruin battles like an OP tank would.

 

IMHO this is a good way to put transactions in a game.

 

They make money and anyone who doesn't want to buy them isn't negatively affected :great:


This, completely agree.

Now if only WG applied this to rewards as well so we don't have to suffer OP pos anymore... :(



Blubba #13 Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 65267 battles
  • 2,709
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011
It's a good thing but it's still a bit pricey. Now a fiver is still a bit pricey but it's about where I'd consider it. Well I might have if wasn't that I'd just been made redundant... :arta:

Venom7000 #14 Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9227 battles
  • 915
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostLemmingtrain, on 21 February 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

No doubt we will be seeing many more to come along these lines - will there be a ready market for these or will it be seen as a blatant cash grab (or both)?

 

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/18217/

"Would you like to add a bit more historical flair to your Garage?"- WG description

Lol, they wanna talk about historical accuracy. **introducing wheeled cars and 279e** :teethhappy:
 


Edited by Venom7000, 21 February 2020 - 08:35 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #15 Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37044 battles
  • 13,199
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostVenom7000, on 21 February 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

"Would you like to add a bit more historical flair to your Garage?"- WG description

Lol, they wanna talk about historical accuracy. **introducing wheeled cars and 279e** :teethhappy:
 

 

Historical accuracy?

  • Hit points
  • Resurrected dead crew
  • Tracks repaired in 5 seconds
  • Imaginary tanks

Come on

 


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 21 February 2020 - 08:56 PM.


Venom7000 #16 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9227 battles
  • 915
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

Historical accuracy?

  • Hit points
  • Resurrected dead crew
  • Tracks repaired in 5 seconds
  • Imaginary tanks

Come on

 

 

Well ok you have to have gameplay elements otherwise its not a game:

  • HP i understand
  • resurrected crew -  I would actually like to see a mechanic where you can only heal injured crew. Once they are dead you cant resurrect that crew member. 
  • Tracks - well I have no other idea how to solve this.


There is a big difference between game play mechanics and just batalantly making up new tanks and introducing bs. But I see your point

 

P.s- "resurrected crew" I was reading your comment while listening Sabaton "Attack of the Dead Men" :teethhappy:


Edited by Venom7000, 21 February 2020 - 09:03 PM.


TheJumpMaster #17 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:05 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 51130 battles
  • 5,682
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

£8.51 for a skin is taking the mickey

But I'm happy for anyone with more money than sense to buy it

 


I disagree. It is their prerogative to ask whatever price they want. You are not forced to purchase.



Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37044 battles
  • 13,199
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostVenom7000, on 21 February 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

 

Well ok you have to have gameplay elements otherwise its not a game:

  • HP i understand
  • resurrected crew -  I would actually like to see a mechanic where you can only heal injured crew. Once they are dead you cant resurrect that crew member. 
  • Tracks - well I have no other idea how to solve this.


There is a big difference between game play mechanics and just batalantly making up new tanks and introducing bs. But I see your point

 

P.s- "resurrected crew" I was reading your comment while listening Sabaton "Attack of the Dead Men" :teethhappy:

 

It's a nice game, but let's not call it realistic, if we want to apply realism to it then it falls at the first hurdle and is utterly ludicrous

Every time I see someone here calling for "more realism" it just moeans some special pleading to improve their preferred type of tank

20:11 Added after 4 minute

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 21 February 2020 - 08:05 PM, said:


I disagree. It is their prerogative to ask whatever price they want. You are not forced to purchase.

 

How are we in in disagreement?

I say that it is taking the mickey

You say that they can charge what they want

Your point is indubitably true

And I think mine is also

So surely no disagreement



Venom7000 #19 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9227 battles
  • 915
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

It's a nice game, but let's not call it realistic, if we want to apply realism to it then it falls at the first hurdle and is utterly ludicrous

Every time I see someone here calling for "more realism" it just moeans some special pleading to improve their preferred type of tank


I dont think that anyone will accuse WOT of being realistic. :D Its actually in a nice middle ground between simulation and arcade. Problem is that some of the WG's latest decisions are pulling the game towards the arcade side more. :(


Edited by Venom7000, 21 February 2020 - 09:13 PM.


Spurtung #20 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:28 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 85339 battles
  • 8,599
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postkaneloon, on 21 February 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

Too cheap will ruin the "uncommon" effect

 

This is like having a football stadium charging €100 a seat and getting 1k people in or €20 and a full house.

 

They are selling them to make money, and keeping high prices won't make much of that.

 
 
 
 

View PostVenom7000, on 21 February 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

 **introducing wheeled cars and 279e** 

View PostVenom7000, on 21 February 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

There is a big difference between game play mechanics and just batalantly making up new tanks and introducing bs.

 

 

Both of those existed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_279

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhard_EBR


Edited by Spurtung, 21 February 2020 - 10:35 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users