Jump to content


Ammunition


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I have noticed that premium ammunition does more damage than standard AP

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

This seems to have a major impact on gameplay, which is why I raise the question here



shikaka9 #2 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76645 battles
  • 1,977
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
sadly, yes .. but we ignore it like climate change ... ignore works 

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postshikaka9, on 21 February 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

sadly, yes .. but we ignore it like climate change ... ignore works 

 

Can something not be done?

20:47 Added after 8 minute
I am particularly keen to examine this point in detail as it seems to be pertinent to gameplay and thus unlikely to be moved over to off topic

steview162 #4 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 39201 battles
  • 4,167
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011

I don't want to give the impression that I don't believe you, but could you produce a spreadsheet to back up your claims, going back over, say, the past 5 years of gameplay? I will get myself another drink awaiting your response.

 



shikaka9 #5 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76645 battles
  • 1,977
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

 

Can something not be done?

20:47 Added after 8 minute
I am particularly keen to examine this point in detail as it seems to be pertinent to gameplay and thus unlikely to be moved over to off topic

we need Greta over here

 



Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

What I have noticed about ammunition is that AP, HE and APCR are available and that these all have different characteristics.

AP penetrates more and HE has more of an explosive effect



shikaka9 #7 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:52 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76645 battles
  • 1,977
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

"Players are suffering, players are dying, how dare you WG!"

:hiding:



Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Poststeview162, on 21 February 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

I don't want to give the impression that I don't believe you, but could you produce a spreadsheet to back up your claims, going back over, say, the past 5 years of gameplay? I will get myself another drink awaiting your response.

 

 

I have sent this to you by private message as I would not want to fall foul of GDPR legislation

20:54 Added after 1 minute

View Postshikaka9, on 21 February 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

"Players are suffering, players are dying, how dare you WG!"

:hiding:

 

The important consideration here is to examine this from a Gameplay perspective

20:57 Added after 4 minute

View Postshikaka9, on 21 February 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

we need Greta over here

 

 

Electric tanks and dynamos...

Tesla girls they're killing me

 



MeetriX #9 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25813 battles
  • 4,439
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postshikaka9, on 21 February 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

we need Greta over here

 

I think we already have enough brain washed people.



BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25016 battles
  • 12,990
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

I have noticed that premium ammunition does more damage than standard AP

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

This seems to have a major impact on gameplay, which is why I raise the question here

Have you suddenly given up the bottle?



Private_Miros #11 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27258 battles
  • 10,536
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View Postshikaka9, on 21 February 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

sadly, yes .. but we ignore it like climate change ... ignore works 

 

I find it funny how you see a troll thread by someone who is rightfully salty that his on-topic thread was moved to off-topic, and now posts a parody thread of your whining kind, with the intent of showing that this kind of crap is somehow considered on-topic, while apparently the second you do anything but whine the moderators are confused; and you jump on it like it's real.

 

Congrats.


Edited by Private_Miros, 21 February 2020 - 10:08 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostMeetriX, on 21 February 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

I think we already have enough brain washed people.

 

Please stay on topic, this discussion is about Gameplay

Now if we were to consider Greta as a tank, I think she would be an H35, thick as a plank, slow, and with a low pe 25mm gun



BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25016 battles
  • 12,990
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 09:09 PM, said:

Now if we were to consider Greta as a tank, I think she would be an H35, thick as a plank, slow, and with a low pe 25mm gun

Would never leave the cap because fossil fuels are bad. But might point gun at those who arrive.


Edited by BravelyRanAway, 21 February 2020 - 10:13 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #14 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 February 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

Would never leave the cap because fossil fuels are bad. But might point gun at those who arrive.

 

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Not moving and not firing but pointing must be the future of warfare if we are to save our planet



TheComfyChair #15 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10434 battles
  • 1,277
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017


Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

A further Gameplay consideration must be armour

Has anyone else noticed, as I have, that armour tends to deflect incoming shells?

Is this fair?



shikaka9 #17 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76645 battles
  • 1,977
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 09:21 PM, said:

A further Gameplay consideration must be armour

Has anyone else noticed, as I have, that armour tends to deflect incoming shells?

Is this fair?

Armour? ooh ye, I love to pretend that my tanks have armour :bajan: then ammunion problem not bothering me anymore



BravelyRanAway #18 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25016 battles
  • 12,990
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 09:21 PM, said:

 

Has anyone else noticed, as I have, that armour tends to deflect incoming shells?

 

I find that if I'm drunk enough....I don't care either way.....which is the same thing.



Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34841 battles
  • 11,499
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postshikaka9, on 21 February 2020 - 09:29 PM, said:

Armour? ooh ye, I love to pretend that my tanks have armour :bajan: then ammunion problem not bothering me anymore

 

That is a very interesting Gameplay point of view, and worthy of further elaboration.

 

 

21:39 Added after 4 minute

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 February 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

I find that if I'm drunk enough....I don't care either way.....which is the same thing.

 

When Ian Fleming went to see his doctor he was asked how much he drank, and he said a couple of bottles a day.  Well, said his doctor, that's a bit much but a couple of bottles of wine isn't too bad.  No, said Fleming, a couple of bottles of Gin.

But I fear that we are drifting away from the Gameplay purpose of this thread.  I am very keen to keep this on topic.

21:44 Added after 9 minute

While we are on the topic, has anyone else noticed that many players at tier X are not very good and that the main reason they lose is because of arty?

I do feel that we are covering a huge amount of ground in this Gameplay focused thread



BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25016 battles
  • 12,990
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 21 February 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

I do feel that we are covering a huge amount of ground in this Gameplay focused thread

:teethhappy:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users