Request@WG - Premium shop - SKIN section

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32393 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

Let me start with a simple disclaimer for all the 'noisy ones' : wargaming is a company and cant run servers with goodwill alone. They have to run a profit. So that's that.

... and i have to say i prefer it to be skins... rather than 'the flavor of the month' premium tanks.

While premium tanks are often a source of endless debate about 'Op/Up/Boring', i think we all can agree that Skins are... harmless.

Skins are for those people who have a certain tank they love and like to look a bit more special. A bit different. Having the same Camo for weeks months or even years can be rather dull, so i like to mix it up once in a while and am willing to spend a few golds or even $ on it. I love how the Kv2R has Warhammer Skin. I adore those 'Metal/Rock's skins (even if i am not quite a fan of the tanks having those^^) ... and i would love for most tanks to have a few 2D +3D styles which are (semi)historical and not as 'flashy' as those clans skins... BUT- even those have their place! Some look decent and a few people certainly adore them too. [Edit: also a few crew skins cant do harm]

With that said, the title gives it away, i would like to have a skin section in the premium store / or in the INGAME client!

As it is they are throw between 'Specials' and 'Featured' between Gold, tanks, tokens... whatever.

Having a portal to easily find, compare and choose several skins would be lovely. And once they are a month or 2 old, they could go into the ingame gold store. Easy as that. I hope this encourages more skins and less focus to 'walk the line' when it comes to balancing premium tanks.

Personalization is a big part in most MMO(rpg)s and i think it fits nicely into wot. 

From the first-day people took pictures with them in tanks, painted names or icons on it and at times those 'fun names' became legends! ... Fury, Rudy or 'Fighting Girlfriend' ... (and many many more).

For the future:

I also would love to see that you can 'change preset styles' and swap at least one camo or just take camos from those styles to be used separately... OR attach/remove single 3D objects. I for once aint a fan of that giant Flashlight on the JP100 style... eh.

... but you get the idea. Customize your tank to make it look as awesome as it can be! Nothing wrong with that.

And if you don't like those non-historical ones... just turn them off and that's that.

I think there isn't much reason to complain* about a splash of paint and a lot of fun to be had trying new combinations^^

(*but i am sure some will try regardless lol)

Edit:

Pike 3D: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/22/world-of-tanks-is-3-3d-style-pike-available-in-the-eu-premium-shop-pictures/

Crew: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/22/wot-battle-pass-unique-commanders/ (ye commanders, but they got new skins)

Fuzzy 3D: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/22/world-of-tanks-1-8-fuzzy-3d-style-for-object-277-pictures/

Kv2 3D: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/21/world-of-tanks-kv-2-crimson-legion-3d-style/ (finally a brother for my Kv2R)

Irish! 3D: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/21/world-of-tanks-1-8-new-fv4202-style-four-leaf-clover-pictures/ that gold and hat. love it ^^ (doh, cost the gold extra? or does it represent my current garage gold :p?

ps. For the distant future: i would hope for ANIMATED SKINS ... like waving/jiggling flags and items... :medal:

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 22 February 2020 - 08:17 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Let's rack up a few more non-event skins before they start that. I suspect most of them won't be for sale all the time, as the IS-3 has 2 days left.

AndyAliens #3 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 65158 battles
  • [27PR] 27PR

The crimson legion needs to be able to fit the kv2r aswell.

callum347 #4 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57074 battles

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 22 February 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

... and i have to say i prefer it to be skins... rather than 'the flavor of the month' premium tanks.

While premium tanks are often a source of endless debate about 'Op/Up/Boring', i think we all can agree that Skins are... harmless.

As of update 1.8 there will be 3D styles in the premium shop

Jethro_Grey #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5272 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View Postcallum347, on 24 February 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

As of update 1.8 there will be 3D styles in the premium shop

Source pls?

callum347 #6 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57074 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 24 February 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

Source pls?

Block Quote

But the IS-3 is not the only tank ready for a glow up. You can add two additional new and amazing 3D-styles to your collection. One for the AMX 50 B that welcomes you to the jungle, and a chic African themed one for the popular Progetto M35 mod. 46. Both are currently available directly in-game for gold, but only until Update 1.8. Afterwards, they will be moved to the Premium Shop as well.

Edited by callum347, 24 February 2020 - 02:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users