Support XP for blowing tires (wheeled tanks vs chaining someone)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32393 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

I spot someone (and he gets shot) = support XP

I chain someone (and he gets shot)  = support XP

I deflate 2-3 wheels (and he gets shot) = nothing. 

Simply put: its wrong. 
EBR's are VERY hard to hit due to their high speed and deflating 1 in itself slows them down noticeable. Deflating several cripples them drastically! And yet it's not rewarded?

EBR can keep driving with half their tires blown, unlike a tank that just has 2 chains - so its a LOT easier to stop a tank than an EBR.

In fact: i never saw one immobilized which didn't die at the very same moment. Slowing down EBRs so others can finish them off should be rewarded!

As it is right now:

- hitting them is hard, risky (> may reveal your position) and takes time you could spend otherwise

- hitting often doesn't cause damage, but only takes out a tire! (needs XP compensation!)

- there are very few ways in which you can chase them. Most tanks have to ignore them once they ran by.

I can see why many are frustrated with these buggers if the one time you hit them gives you 'the finger' since even if you blow out 3! tires, only the person stealing the kill after that gets the $/XP for it. The one setting the EBR up gets additional ammo costs at the end of the battle.

This doesn't sound fair to me.

Suggestion:

- blowing out 1 tire = 10% support bonus

- blowing out 2 tires = 20%

- blowing out 3 tires = 50%

WG can adjust these numbers, but we have to start somewhere.

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 22 February 2020 - 10:08 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It's been suggested since they came. I don't see the harm in it tbh. IMO it should be 25% pr wheel. So the same bonus past 4 wheels. As with 2 wheels, it's slow enough for most to hit it.  So if arty smacks 2, and you hit two more with your derp shell. It's 50/50 assist.

MeetriX #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25588 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Only way to blow tyres is to kill the can... car.

Look at the wreck of a car. Its tyres are shredded.

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:09 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20806 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

You also don't get support XP for knocking out the engine of an enemy vehicle regardless of suspension type, yet that vehicle suffers the same from having its tracks thrown off.

Not sure why people aren't complaining about that. Because "de-engining" does happen often. But give it time, I suspect WG will eventually fix it.

Vtsuk #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA
WG will fix it for sure, soon™... :trollface:

Gruff_ #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24721 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
great suggestion

shikaka9 #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76221 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
tyres in rasha is not same as in rest of the world
16:36 Added after 4 minute

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 22 February 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

I spot someone (and he gets shot) = support XP

I chain someone (and he gets shot)  = support XP

I deflate 2-3 wheels (and he gets shot) = nothing. 

Simply put: its wrong. 
EBR's are VERY hard to hit due to their high speed and deflating 1 in itself slows them down noticeable. Deflating several cripples them drastically! And yet it's not rewarded?

EBR can keep driving with half their tires blown, unlike a tank that just has 2 chains - so its a LOT easier to stop a tank than an EBR.

In fact: i never saw one immobilized which didn't die at the very same moment. Slowing down EBRs so others can finish them off should be rewarded!

As it is right now:

- hitting them is hard, risky (> may reveal your position) and takes time you could spend otherwise

- hitting often doesn't cause damage, but only takes out a tire! (needs XP compensation!)

- there are very few ways in which you can chase them. Most tanks have to ignore them once they ran by.

I can see why many are frustrated with these buggers if the one time you hit them gives you 'the finger' since even if you blow out 3! tires, only the person stealing the kill after that gets the $/XP for it. The one setting the EBR up gets additional ammo costs at the end of the battle.

This doesn't sound fair to me.

Suggestion:

- blowing out 1 tire = 10% support bonus

- blowing out 2 tires = 20%

- blowing out 3 tires = 50%

WG can adjust these numbers, but we have to start somewhere.

and OP you can be murdered for that   .. against rasha you know what happens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users