Constant escalation of game content

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Jamadeus #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22727 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

I hadn't realised how much time and life this game sucks from you. I enjoyed the christmas event but since then I have played every day for freebies like the Tank Rewards, logged in at stupid o'clock more than once for BM (fomo), spent 5 nights straight sitting in front of the PC for 2 games on the GM.

Now my clan has dropped out of the Dawn of Industry, I have the Bretagne Panther and no chance for the Burlesque. So I have nothing to do. I feel a weight lifted from my shoulders. I really let the game alter my RL priorities and it was not until I took a step back that I could see how involved I had become in playing pixel tanks.

Let's be careful out there.

PS I'm just going to check the German football results to see if I have won a garage slot on Matchday, I don't even like football...

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJamadeus, on 23 February 2020 - 10:09 AM, said:

I hadn't realised how much time and life this game sucks from you. I enjoyed the christmas event but since then I have played every day for freebies like the Tank Rewards, logged in at stupid o'clock more than once for BM (fomo), spent 5 nights straight sitting in front of the PC for 2 games on the GM.

Now my clan has dropped out of the Dawn of Industry, I have the Bretagne Panther and no chance for the Burlesque. So I have nothing to do. I feel a weight lifted from my shoulders. I really let the game alter my RL priorities and it was not until I took a step back that I could see how involved I had become in playing pixel tanks.

PS I'm just going to check the German football results to see if I have won a garage slot on Matchday, I don't even like football...

Time for a break my friend - a decent solo shooter should do the trick.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostJamadeus, on 23 February 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

I hadn't realised how much time and life this game sucks from you.

Sanity too, don't forget about the sanity!

I've been enjoying World of Warplanes more than WoT lately...as weird as that may sound.

Slyspy #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14965 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJamadeus, on 23 February 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

Eventually people learn that they don't have to do all these things and can just play the game for enjoyment, not the grind. Or they burn out and stop altogether. 

Sirebellus #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24755 battles
I don't play in a clan so CW isn't for me, I got bored of playing the same game over and over in FL last year so gave up that too, and as for the Marathon I haven't got time to play the game to get to more than Level 4 or 5 and a 50% discount still makes the Burlesque more than I want to pay for a tank I would rarely play... So I am just happy playing a few games a day in my favourite mid tier tanks in mid tier games and ignoring the kerfuffle that is going on at the higher Tiers... I got the tank rewards from just playing my normal games so that was barely thought about... 

thetartanbaron #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5322 battles
Same here. I must have played every day for a couple of months on the Battle of the Bulge and Tankrewards and now have my Panther M10 and Bretagne Panther. In fact I did a light grind of the VK 30.02M through Tankrewards so I have more Panthers than I know what to do with. Its satisfying to complete the challenges but I haven't played, or wanted to play, for three days now. Its surprising how even having to log in to play just couple of battles when you aren't in the mood can suck the enjoyment out of the game.  I'll start playing again when want to and not because I think I have to.

vixu #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46389 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I'd say that this game is getting boring, cause not much new content is appearing. 

1ucky #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91677 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
https://www.youtube....h?v=YoBP_6yD-lw

Ilknur_Ibryam #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15300 battles

I believe the problem is not the new content but the way new content is presented. People are bored out of randoms.
We need more of Frontline, Ranked, 7v7 battles and steel hunter.

Even more Grand Battles and bigger maps, perhaps included in tier 8 +, perhaps even an event based on Grandbattles.

I do not care about the rewards to be honest. As long as I am not stuck in the 15v15 random battles where I have to grind a marathon or a tank reward daily ... Now that  is a stupid content.

TomatoShooter #10 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 23 February 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

I believe the problem is not the new content but the way new content is presented. People are bored out of randoms.
We need more of Frontline, Ranked, 7v7 battles and steel hunter.

Even more Grand Battles and bigger maps, perhaps included in tier 8 +, perhaps even an event based on Grandbattles.

I do not care about the rewards to be honest. As long as I am not stuck in the 15v15 random battles where I have to grind a marathon or a tank reward daily ... Now that  is a stupid content.

No thx, all those other modes are boring..people only play them for the rewards nothing else. 15 vs 1 random and teamplay (CW/SH) are the core of the game and that is what people got playing  this game in the first place.

inho they should do more with other tiers and the 15 vs 15 format, for example. Tier 7 and 9 front on the global map.

Ilknur_Ibryam #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15300 battles

View PostTomatoShooter, on 23 February 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

No thx, all those other modes are boring..people only play them for the rewards nothing else. 15 vs 1 random and teamplay (CW/SH) are the core of the game and that is what people got playing  this game in the first place.

inho they should do more with other tiers and the 15 vs 15 format, for example. Tier 7 and 9 front on the global map.

And the game almost died. People returned because of the activity last year and the diversity out of the randoms the game gave. I believe this is what I saw from the stats. 2018 - decrease in population and 2019 with the inclusion of events - an increase. Correct me if I am wrong.

I personally do not like random and returned due to the events in last year. Frontline was massively promoted in my instagram and facebook and I decided to give it a try and I loved it.

Jamadeus #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22727 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

Today I spent an hour skateboarding with the kids, went for a run, ate some sprouts with teriyaki sauce (yes really) and read a real book. I didn't press battle but I still had to log in to look at some crews that need re-training. I'll see if I can make it through until bedtime.

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 February 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

I was thinking about EVE online - I've heard it is quite easy to get into and you don't need to invest too much time in it.

Slyspy said

Eventually people learn that they don't have to do all these things and can just play the game for enjoyment, not the grind. Or they burn out and stop altogether. 

After the first week of frontline last year I added up the hours I played to get to Prestige 1. I was shocked. It was about a day and a half of a real life job. After that calculation, needless to say, there is no STA in my garage.

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

You just have to play the game on your own terms, not WG terms. If you let yourself get tricked in to playing more than you want or your real life can support, you will have a bad time.

When I'm in doubt I ask myself; will I have a better gaming experience if I get the reward or not? (Answer is usually no btw). Then you can play casually and just see if you get rewards or not.

The high number of activities is possibly not even meant to play it all. Its also for variety, so you can pick the challenges which are to your liking. With players playing anywhere from 1 to 100 h/w, its impossible to make events that are suitable for all.

Personally I for example like the tankreward stuff, where you have a few simple missions each day. Grinds like frontline and marathons are not for me. Just play the game the way you like.

Blubba #14 Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62494 battles

Simple shooter is probably the answer as Erwin has said. I stepped out for a breather and started a game of TW Rome II. Many weeks later, I snapped out of it, Christmas was over and there was a WoT marathon running!

Oh, I can't play for toffee at the moment. VERY rusty.

splash_time #15 Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm playing WoT daily, but I'm not participating in any CWs or GM or any other evenst, just playing for fun tbh, but I learned to have fun with skills, not botting. :):D

Well, games are available to play in whenever you like to, but not life my friends. 

Before I know or even watch WoT ads, I read about how addicting it can be. I didn't believe at first, but now I do believe how serious that information was when I see some players reactions around. 

m1x_angelico #16 Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27874 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

As in life, also in game, too high expectations lead to frustration, which accumulated, leads to anger and toxicity. E.g. I know quite a few people who started playing Global Map solely to get a tank reward (tier 10). And then, when their expectations didn't meet with reality, they became angry and toxic, because they weren't playing GM because of fun.

That's why playing any game for any reason, other than fun, is ultimately pointless and self-defeating. The only exemption is pro-play. But then, in such a case, that's no longer a game, but a job.

wAr_God_11 #17 Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24044 battles
  • [EVILC] EVILC

yeah,I usually used to take a break after an event like global map , ranked. but we have got continuous events even before Christmas which drains the fun factor, i really would like to play in platoon with my friends chilling laughing without thinking about any event for a while.

i know people will say no one is forcing u to participate,but skipping one means u are gonna miss something.

why not just bring them after short breaks. like campaign ended, frontline is right at the door. :)

Desyatnik_Pansy #18 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

Bartender

• 19207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 February 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

Who said it had to be a shooter? Great alternatives for chillaxing outside of tanks is stuff like A Hat in Time, Deep Rock Galactic, Stardew Valley, Terraria. Hell my personal favourite lately is a game called GTFO, though it's definitely not designed for solo play but man do I love the tension. The only frustrating part about that is my squad who still struggle with stealth. :teethhappy:

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 February 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

Who said it had to be a shooter? Great alternatives for chillaxing outside of tanks is stuff like A Hat in Time, Deep Rock Galactic, Stardew Valley, Terraria. Hell my personal favourite lately is a game called GTFO, though it's definitely not designed for solo play but man do I love the tension. The only frustrating part about that is my squad who still struggle with stealth. :teethhappy:

Personally, I find shooters rather stress relieving - nothing quite beats wasting Imps & Cacodemons with a chainsaw &/or Super Shotgun.:izmena:

Lately, I've been quite into this...

Try it, and experience a whole new level of frustration and misery that will make a bad WoT day seem like nothing.

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 24 February 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 February 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Personally, I find shooters rather stress relieving - nothing quite beats wasting Imps & Cacodemons with a chainsaw &/or Super Shotgun.:izmena:

Lately, I've been quite into this...

Try it, and experience a whole new level of frustration and misery that will make a bad WoT day seem like nothing.

If y'all hadn't played Subnautica yet...

You should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users