My STB-1 is cursed :<

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32393 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

There is something cheesy about the way MM works i think.

I will list a few numbers and you can see what i am getting at.

Tank - Avg. Dmg. - Winrate

Cen.AX - 1702 - 56%

Prog65 - 1993 - 53%

Leo1 - 1802 - 50%

STB1 - 1657 - 39%

Now, one could clearly say "the less damage you do, the less you win"

... but my AX is just 45 dmg higher than that and got far better winrate. In fact, he is higher than those doing nearly 300 dmg more :)

And then there are games like these i seem to get constantly:

EUpGpYS.jpg

lQo1Qo6.jpg

About 6 tanks went for the D8-Canyon... they all died within 2~3 minutes.

I just managed to save Obj260 (and myself) by warning him about this fact, otherwise, he too had died on F2 all alone :/

Most my team was around C3 in a defensive position, which isn't the worst, but given the fact nobody was north, it was over rather quickly... 

The Cyan Obj260 (a fairly good player?) did 2 shots worth of damage and some didn't even manage this much :[

What a shame. 

At least that enemy T100 bit the dust... left him on 1hp >.< While most of my dmg comes from generous 113 and Is7 i tried to stop from pushing.

Overall i think STB-1 is still a fine tank, but its kinda cursed, and i also puzzled why it gets AP instead of APCR like many other 'fragile' medium tanks.

It can bounce, but it sure as hell isn't an AX or 430U... and the suspension is too situational to make it 'op' since high pen ammo goes through it no matter what. 

Perhaps WG tried to make sure to low ball it and buff it later if needed? I ain't asking for more penetration, that's good enough, but bullet speed... something rather underestimated i feel. 

The suspension can take a few precious seconds to lower your tank and then you add 0,5~2seconds worth of bullet travel time on top of that? Ehrm... 

~ but that's nagging on a high level. I will keep going and eventually (or not) i brake the curse. Last 3 games been like that. "Use the map, don't lemming!" (and they do just the opposite <.&lt;)

:bush:or i just camp bush. 

Edit: on 2nd thought. +5mph might be better. Its a bit slow for that much of Horsepowers (at least slow compared to whats around

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 23 February 2020 - 06:41 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10510 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Right, dunno how up-to-date your profile is on worldoftanks.eu/, but it shows you having 42% WR in your STB-1 after 54 battles in it.

Hm.. why is there such a big discrepancy between your profile and the player compare function on that site? :confused:

Namely, 13 battles.

Regardless, I think that your damage dealt in it is a bit on the low side.

After my 95 battles in it, I'm at 1965 DPG and 49,47% WR in it, and I've also played it a while before it got buffed.

As for AP vs. APCR: the STB-1's AP has quite good shell velocity for an AP shell at almost 1.2k m/s, and AP has better normalisation, meaning that it should theoretically have slightly better penetration capacity if the raw values are the same.

Still, for such sample sizes, it should still be easy to turn around into 50%+.

And currently, I think that the Burlesque marathon is causing issues with player quality...

Gruff_ #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

We all get variations on that theme.

Mine is the tier 6 med P43 bis, my average dmg on it is a 100 higher than the majority of my other tier 6 mediums, but it's tainted with a 45% wr rather than 53-55% of the others, it's also my most recently ground tank after doing the vk30.01p last year so in theory it has me up to speed and playing well after a 2-3 year break.

FizzlePopBerryTwist #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32393 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 February 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

Right, dunno how up-to-date your profile is on worldoftanks.eu/, but it shows you having 42% WR in your STB-1 after 54 battles in it.

Hm.. why is there such a big discrepancy between your profile and the player compare function on that site? :confused:

Namely, 13 battles.

Regardless, I think that your damage dealt in it is a bit on the low side.

After my 95 battles in it, I'm at 1965 DPG and 49,47% WR in it, and I've also played it a while before it got buffed.

As for AP vs. APCR: the STB-1's AP has quite good shell velocity for an AP shell at almost 1.2k m/s, and AP has better normalisation, meaning that it should theoretically have slightly better penetration capacity if the raw values are the same.

Still, for such sample sizes, it should still be easy to turn around into 50%+.

And currently, I think that the Burlesque marathon is causing issues with player quality...

The player profile is a bit slow.  Ingame the garage updates very slow too unless you go on your tank statistics and force an update.

75 fights and 37% ... 1708 dmg avg. (so 12 less than my 53% AX) 

If the tank was like 5mph faster and make better use of those incredible horse power, i could use its agility just that tad better :/

It makes the difference between getting on hill or being shot trying :)

As for the marathon, yeah...... kinda true. Always brings out the tomatos ... or as they recently show up "gray mice". 

Died 10s before end >.< Facing Defender+110 trying to push us, with my BRAVE team about 200m in the back. Also no pen straight down on hull of Defender. Green my [edited].C6yYYuB.jpg

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 23 February 2020 - 06:59 PM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21914 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Just play some more and your winrates even out. Stb goes up, Cent goes down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users