Marathon, be in top 10 requirement is punishing unexperienced players

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

jaxx77 #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3648 battles

If weak/average player bravely decides to dedicate their time to getting a marathon tank then they are punished for doing so with top 10 requirement. What is it purpose of that requirement? Even if weak player tries hard to accumulate experience piece by piece, they are often prevented from that and end up with 0 progress for the battle.

While good players need to sacrifice less time to get the tank, WG is making it far much worse for new/unexperienced players because not only they have to play more with their lower average experience for the battle, but also often they just don't get anything for playing it.

I don't understand why WG does that.

TsundereWaffle #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Field Marshal

• 29809 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Well, the whole point is that you get a reward that would normally cost money by playing well. If you can't get in the top 10 on your team then it might be smart to stick to lower tiers and learn the game some more. A good way to do this is by reading and watching guides. Watching good content creators also helps, like Skill, Quickybaby, etc. (or well, it certainly helped me to understand the game more).

Negativvv #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15500 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

It's not meant to be easily achievable.

Maybe get your wallet out or don't partake in it :hiding:

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25013 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postjaxx77, on 23 February 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

If weak/average player bravely decides to dedicate their time to getting a marathon tank then they are punished for doing so with top 10 requirement. What is it purpose of that requirement? Even if weak player tries hard to accumulate experience piece by piece, they are often prevented from that and end up with 0 progress for the battle.

While good players need to sacrifice less time to get the tank, WG is making it far much worse for new/unexperienced players because not only they have to play more with their lower average experience for the battle, but also often they just don't get anything for playing it.

Yeah....shocking that WG should give you a reason to 'git gud'!

TomatoShooter #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles
That requirement prevents bot that do 1 shot of dmg in their tier VIII to actually get a free tank..one of the best requirements ever.

shikaka9 #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76568 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Punishment is WG style

_cro_magnon #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35088 battles
It's intended to discourage botting towards the reward.

Artick_ #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32955 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View Postjaxx77, on 23 February 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

Every patch or something there is somebody to complain about.

I hope they remove comitment , and you should be able to get tank only if you are a good player.

Also if they would make it easy for you , imagine good players getting that tank in 1 day  :) , you would complain again.

You have the chance to get a free tank just playing ,  i dont care you play bad or not , its your playstyle that affect what happen in battle , why you are complaining about ?

You want them to put missiont to do 1k dmg in tier 10? This aint right.

I played 1 day like 8 hours and im on level 7 and 8/10

Edited by Artick_, 23 February 2020 - 04:13 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36053 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

You expect to be rewarded for...being a bad player?

Flawless logic.

In order to get something for free, you need to EARN it! That's the point! OMG :facepalm:

Balc0ra #10 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Top 10 in a tier 6 game is not too much to ask tbh. As the reward is a tier 8 premium. Not a pile of large repair kits.

If you can't make top 10 often, then I suspect you will struggle to even get the tank. Even if there was no top 10 demand. As on a win in a tier 6 game, that's less than 450 XP give or take for 11th and down. And if you can't make that on a win. Then you need 80 to 100 battles a day at least with 300 average XP with a good WR. If you lose often, that's gonna be 150 games a day at least to get the tank for free.

As top 10 at least prevents people from yolo or bot farming XP. So some min demands are needed. As when the Intel event had no win or tier requirement. Tier III was just full of clip tanks like the pz1c yoloing in for fast damage, getting killed and on to the next game. On tier +6 that helps negate that a bit with a top 10 as a demand.

BQBD #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18342 battles

"Marathon, be in top 10 requirement is punishing unexperienced players"

Good....GOOD

mani_GGr #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19272 battles
  • [INV1L] INV1L

If you are unable to be in top 10 xp, then maybe you should start looking at an another games. Less frustration for you and teams unfortunate enough to have you. Not toxic, just an honest advice.

jack_timber #13 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43650 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Just play the game as normal, tier 6+, see how far you get. That's what I do....

Wreckedum #14 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 123668 battles
Oh dear bad players won't be able to get a tank that is way above their competence tier?

Dramya #15 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16949 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View Postjaxx77, on 23 February 2020 - 04:37 PM, said:

If weak/average player bravely decides to dedicate their time to getting a marathon tank then they are punished for doing so with top 10 requirement. What is it purpose of that requirement? 

This requirement might indeed affect the really bad players a bit more, but in my opinion any player that tries at least a bit is able to be in the top 10 in the majority of their battles.

The reason for this requirement is simple, it is to prevent YOLO plays. Otherwise people would just try to die as fast as possible and start yet another battle in a different tank. Even as a bad player in the winning team would get you plenty of exp.

And it might be an unpopular opinion, but if you are so bad you cannot be top 10 in at least half of your battles you should not play in tier 8 and especially not in a high skill-cap vehicle like the Borrasque

Edited by Dramya, 23 February 2020 - 05:37 PM.

FatigueGalaxy #16 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23566 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

If you can't be in top 10 on regular basis you can't finish the marathon or even reach higher stage (remember that at stage 4-5 you still pay the price of regular tier 8 premium...), requirement or not.

So it doesn't harm "unexperienced" because they can't do it anyway and it only stop people for spamming battles and suiciding.

StronkiTonki #17 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

As others have said before, it is done to prevent botting.

If you honestly struggle to be in the top 10 of your team consistently, then the reward will probably not even be worth your time. Since your performance would probably be very bad in a tier 8 tank.

You should probably focus more on playing lower tiers and get better at the game.

There's no reason to rush op to the higher tiers, sicne that will only punish you harder and give everyone a bad time.

I really don't understand why new players want to participate in the end game content so quickly all the time.

When I was new to Warframe, a bunch of my friends were long time players, and doing endgame content.

I was not interested in any way to go join them, since I knew I was still new and learning.

Instead, I was taking my time to get to know the game better and improve and stuff like that.

The same goes for any other game with a kind of "end game content".

There's just no reason to be interested in end game content as a new player.

But it seems more and more players nowadays want more and more rewards for less and less effort.

Try to put some time and effort into the game first is my advice.

dtdp #18 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33890 battles
it should be top 12 imho, that would be fair, preventing botting and yoloing and not punishing bad luck (like playing slow tanks), like it happened to me on Friday I had 620 exp the same as another player, so we were equal 10th place yet it did not count for me, so only 9 players actually gained exp for marathon in my team 

StronkiTonki #19 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postdtdp, on 23 February 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

it should be top 12 imho, that would be fair, preventing botting and yoloing and not punishing bad luck (like playing slow tanks), like it happened to me on Friday I had 620 exp the same as another player, so we were equal 10th place yet it did not count for me, so only 9 players actually gained exp for marathon in my team 

There has to be some kind of border.

Doesn't make much of a difference if it's top 10 or top 12.

There is always a possibility that two players will share the same exp.

Being in 11th is definitely annoying. But if you make it top 12, then becoming 13th will be super annoying, and so on.

dtdp #20 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33890 battles
there is a huge difference if you play 15 battles and only 11 count or if it is 14, missing out exp in one battle in 2h playing session is no where near annoying as what we have now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users