Puzzled by the Bourrasque

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

_Signal_ #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47881 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Must admit played a few matches in it and I'm totally stumped as to what this tank is supposed to be.. I mean its obviously not a medium although labelled one, it's got the dpm of a tier 7 light, these days it got low pen and 2 shots in the clip is just tragic. It's weird because I of kind of like it in a weird way. I mean you can't play it as a medium pretty much any tank you meet is going to pen you. Just seems to me WG didn't want to release another tier 8 light tank and just classed this as a medium to avoid that.

You get the odd nice games in it if you have a nice open map and the teams aren't silly but it's like a bad version of the HWK 30... if you can get it for 10-15 euros go for it, it's fun but it's not worth anything more than that as there are existing prem shop tanks that are plainly better for similar money.

even writing this i still haven't got a clue what the tank is suspposed to be.,albeit a fun one.

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 23 February 2020 - 04:19 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39914 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 23 February 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

even writing this i still haven't got a clue what the tank is suspposed to be.,altbeit a fun one.

It's French. Just accept it's fashionable, cool, good looking, and leave it at that.

Negativvv #3 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15419 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Closest thing in game appears to be a Bat Chat 12t the LT. Can anyone confirm that? 

Could just buy a Tech Tree BC12t and spend credits on a crew instead of grinding and paying real money? :trollface:

_Signal_ #4 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47881 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostNegativvv, on 23 February 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Closest thing in game appears to be a Bat Chat 12t the LT. Can anyone confirm that? 

Could just buy a Tech Tree BC12t and spend credits on a crew instead of grinding and paying real money? :trollface:

If you assume you play it along the lines of "anything you meet is going to spoil your day" It's basically a light tank labelled as a medium. Just for clarity my Tier 7 Type-62 light tank has more dpm than it. It's fun but it really needed a third shell. I mean you can't even clip any tier 7 lights you meet... Probably the closest thing is the ELC-90 to it.it's like a slightly bigger version of that tank. I don't imagine many people will be playing it 3 or 4 months after the marathon has ended,

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 23 February 2020 - 04:28 PM.

Negativvv #5 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15419 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 23 February 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

If you assume you play it along the lines of "anything you meet is going to spoil your day" It's basically a light tank labelled as a medium. Just for clarity my Tier 7 Type-62 light tank has more dpm than it. It's fun but it really needed a third shell. I mean you can't even clip any tier 7 lights you meet... Probably the closest thing is the ELC-90 to it.it's like a slightly bigger version of that tank. I don't imagine many people will be playing it 3 or 4 months after the marathon has ended,

Skill4Ltu has probably done a lot to sell the tank as he likes it, loads of kiddies will be out to emulate him no doubt...

ELC has epic camo and this doesn't, the accuracy looks horrible and its Rashan 122mm like although the handling appears ok.

The ones I've faced so far have been easily killed but I assume they are not designed to actually fight anything head on they can't clip or withdraw from.

_Signal_ #6 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47881 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostNegativvv, on 23 February 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

Skill4Ltu has probably done a lot to sell the tank as he likes it, loads of kiddies will be out to emulate him no doubt...

ELC has epic camo and this doesn't, the accuracy looks horrible and its Rashan 122mm like although the handling appears ok.

The ones I've faced so far have been easily killed but I assume they are not designed to actually fight anything head on they can't clip or withdraw from.

I can't say it's a good tank because as a tier 8 medium it's not but it's like the elc so fun to play if you don't care about your stats. 

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 23 February 2020 - 04:38 PM.

BraveEng #7 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10335 battles
  • [SPDIV] SPDIV
To me plays like an old school medium where u actually have to flank to pen

_Signal_ #8 Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47881 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostBraveEng, on 23 February 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

To me plays like an old school medium where u actually have to flank to pen

Well I will just say this, it's fun but it's not very good. If you already have the ELC no real point in having this unless you really need a medium french crew trainer that bad.

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 23 February 2020 - 04:49 PM.

Flavortown #9 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17311 battles
I mean its fun and its better than cdc.
Its not like thats saying alot, but atleast its fun to play

Edit. its also way better than t27, so its either the second best premium tier 8 auto med or the third, depending if you prefer lorraine over it ( progetto being the best if someone wonders)

Edited by Flavortown, 23 February 2020 - 05:35 PM.

Gruff_ #10 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24722 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Someone posted this tankers and dog video in the announcement section -

Dramya #11 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16918 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
It's got good camo and it can pump out 720 damage in 2 seconds, balanced by mediocre traverse and a long reload. It's a tank that can be good in good hands, it will probably not be very good for the majority of the players.

Steve8066 #12 Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21089 battles

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 23 February 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

Must admit played a few matches in it and I'm totally stumped as to what this tank is supposed to be.. I mean its obviously not a medium although labelled one, it's got the dpm of a tier 7 light, these days it got low pen and 2 shots in the clip is just tragic. It's weird because I of kind of like it in a weird way. I mean you can't play it as a medium pretty much any tank you meet is going to pen you. Just seems to me WG didn't want to release another tier 8 light tank and just classed this as a medium to avoid that.

You get the odd nice games in it if you have a nice open map and the teams aren't silly but it's like a bad version of the HWK 30... if you can get it for 10-15 euros go for it, it's fun but it's not worth anything more than that as there are existing prem shop tanks that are plainly better for similar money.

even writing this i still haven't got a clue what the tank is suspposed to be.,albeit a fun one.

a money earner for WG, nothing more, nothing less.

FatigueGalaxy #13 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23521 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Yes, DPM of a tier 7 LT... but still better than all tier 8 autoloaders. Even better than Progetto and Pantera - unless they keep using single-shot mode.

2 shots in the clip is tragic, except it's exactly the same as full clip from Progetto. But you need 2 s less to empty it.

Penetration is bad but still the same as T-44-100 (which is considered 2nd best tier 8 premium medium) and better than tier 8 LTs (and since this tank is basically a fat LT...).

I'm comparing it to Progetto on purpose, because it's the best tier 8 medium and you know a tank can't be bad if it can be compared to the italian.

You suggest buying another tier 8 LT instead and I say that Bourrasque kinda makes tier 8 LTs obsolete. LT-432 and EBR are in their own league, EVEN 90 has meme value but everything else - why bother? I don't think I will be playing my M41 90 after I get the Bourrasque because it's only a bit slower and has almost the same camo when moving but better when stationary, it's smaller and has a big punch instead 240 alpha potato launcher. And burst on paper tanks works better than continuous DPM.

Tbh, I don't understand why you are so puzzled. WG gave a big gun to a light tank and to balance it - they added some limitations: 2 round clip instead big alpha shot, bad traverse speed, mediocre DPM, bad aiming time and classified it as medium tank so it doesn't compete with LTs relying on camo but it still has camo as good as LT with bigger guns. At its core it's still a light tank and it plays the same as AMX series - you just have to avoid dogfighting because your traverse speed is poor and you can't waste shot on tracking to lock your opponents.

Bourrasque is a fat light tank. That's all.

1ucky #14 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91677 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Well, Super Pershings are mediums, too. :trollface:

Class designations matter as far as potential crews go, and that's about it.

8126Jakobsson #15 Posted 23 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 84875 battles

Did you guys know that the E4 line doesn't have a single TD in it? It's like..two lights, two meds and three heavies. But it say TD so I'm not sure how to play.

On a more (nah not really) serious note I'd like to put 1 unit of judgement on the purchase of marathon tank this early in. 

_Signal_ #16 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47881 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 23 February 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yes, DPM of a tier 7 LT... but still better than all tier 8 autoloaders. Even better than Progetto and Pantera - unless they keep using single-shot mode.

2 shots in the clip is tragic, except it's exactly the same as full clip from Progetto. But you need 2 s less to empty it.

Penetration is bad but still the same as T-44-100 (which is considered 2nd best tier 8 premium medium) and better than tier 8 LTs (and since this tank is basically a fat LT...).

I'm comparing it to Progetto on purpose, because it's the best tier 8 medium and you know a tank can't be bad if it can be compared to the italian.

You suggest buying another tier 8 LT instead and I say that Bourrasque kinda makes tier 8 LTs obsolete. LT-432 and EBR are in their own league, EVEN 90 has meme value but everything else - why bother? I don't think I will be playing my M41 90 after I get the Bourrasque because it's only a bit slower and has almost the same camo when moving but better when stationary, it's smaller and has a big punch instead 240 alpha potato launcher. And burst on paper tanks works better than continuous DPM.

Tbh, I don't understand why you are so puzzled. WG gave a big gun to a light tank and to balance it - they added some limitations: 2 round clip instead big alpha shot, bad traverse speed, mediocre DPM, bad aiming time and classified it as medium tank so it doesn't compete with LTs relying on camo but it still has camo as good as LT with bigger guns. At its core it's still a light tank and it plays the same as AMX series - you just have to avoid dogfighting because your traverse speed is poor and you can't waste shot on tracking to lock your opponents.

Bourrasque is a fat light tank. That's all.

Err it's not a light tank for a start it's a medium...plus your claim about it having more dpg than a progetto,, you shoot a progetto twice thats 720 alpha then you wait 20 seconds .. pregetto by that time killed you 10/10.5 seconds into your second reload  you're dead way before you reload again. As I mentioned I think as a light it's a quirky useable tank... as a medium well you're tier 7 at best.

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 23 February 2020 - 08:29 PM.

Element6 #17 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33087 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I've been very pleased with mine for the very modest number of battles I've had in it, though the WR isn't really somerhing to write home about since I've been a little unfortunate with the teams. 3,5k damage in the first battle.

_Signal_ #18 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47881 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostElement6, on 23 February 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

I've been very pleased with mine for the very modest number of battles I've had in it, though the WR isn't really somerhing to write home about since I've been a little unfortunate with the teams. 3,5k damage in the first battle.

Yes agree if you get a team thats hold off the other team you can rack up some nice damage. as a tier 8 med though it really needed that 3rd shell to make it competitive.

Element6 #19 Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33087 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 23 February 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

Yes agree if you get a team thats hold off the other team you can rack up some nice damage. as a tier 8 med though it really needed that 3rd shell to make it competitive.

I guess this is why skill4ltu thinks the tank is fun but might require more than you think to do well in. 1080 damage in 4 seconds might not be over the top in the hands of the average player, but if you are good enough it could very well be too much.

doctorfrag #20 Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34923 battles

It plays much like a light tank, has camo on the move of 14.5% which is better than many light tanks such as Senlac or M41D. With my crew running food it gets 31% on the move not far of 37% of my pimped out 1357gf.

Stationary its actually better than the 1357 (41 vs 37%)

Speed wise feels like standard tier 7 light tanks, not quite up to tier 8 LT. Turning is poor so get ready to use handbreak a lot.

It feels like a high skill cap tank which makes it rewarding to play.

I got it early on with a 20% discount and then 4k combined got me two Mastery badges.. today got 5k combined a few times and only got 2nd class which shows what can be achieved.

The gun is derpy ... but close up and easy to trade and win with 720 damage. No point trying heavy armored tanks at range.

At the moment still learning the tank after 62 battles its 1750 dpg with 71% win ratio, its almost better than my dpg of 1770 of the 703 II,  Anyway I play mainly light tanks and some mediums so I suppose it feels fairly natural to me. I'm pretty bad at heavy tanks!

Still feel when I lose its down to me not the tank which is a nice feeling.

Agree with FatigueGalaxy feels like a fat light tank to play.

All in all a lot of fun :)

just did a 4k damage game and class 3 medal:mellow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users