New Higher Tier Swedish Meds. Yay or Nay?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Higher Tier Swedish Meds (75 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are They Worth Bothering With

1. Yes (55 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. No (20 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32960 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi guys,

I have 6 pretty well trained female crew in the T8 and T10 siege more TD's but tbh I really don't play them anymore(even though the UDES is on 91% marks, couldn't be arsed tbh it's boring and awkward) so I was thinking the sensible thing to do would be to grind the new(ok newish) T8+ Swedish medium tank line with the interesting suspension hybrid sort of thing.

I know nothing about them so call on all the vast wealth of my forumite brothers to give me an overview of these odd looking tanks. Gotta love the Swedes for these innovative approaches to tank designs btw. 

Anyway, where are they strong, where are they weak, which of the 3 tiers(T8, T9, T10) is tier for tier the strongest. What are the reasons worth bothering with them. What are the reason to not bother with them. How does that automatic suspension act during battles, is a good thing or actually something that gets you killed and would prefer not to have? Gun handling, mobility... type of play sytle, enlighten me.

Thanks.

Edit - Let's get a poll on that. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 23 February 2020 - 11:56 PM.

1ucky #2 Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91677 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
Yay!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Guns a bit derpy, shell speed is not great, but they hit really hard. Suspension works automatically, you get used to it. 

Strappster #4 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles

I like them, though I've only played the tier 8 regular tank and the tier 10 rental during the team clash event. The suspension takes a little getting used to, advance to a ridgeline and stop before you peek, point the gun down to activate it and then advance slowly. There's a speed threshold under which it works so you don't have to stop completely but I found stopping helped as I got used to it. It can mean you'll miss some opportunity shots as you wait for the suspension to bring your gun down but once it's activated it works ok.

It doesn't roll from side to side so if you turn the turret 90° the suspension keeps the hull angled forward. That's not so much a drawback as something you get used to.

Shell velocity could be better for the standard APCR but they have good penetration and nice damage for a medium. The low profile means you can use positions that people aren't always expecting, certainly not where you'd take a regular medium tank.

Tier 8 is a bit of a grind, the hull armour can be over-matched by bigger guns and penned by high tier arty (it's 35mm) and the turret doesn't have the funky auto-bounce angles of the higher tier tanks. I thoroughly enjoyed the tier 10, played it with the supplied crew (no skills) and didn't fit complex equipment because I didn't want to pay gold to demount it and still was able to turn in good results, albeit in a 7v7 battle with different priorities.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I only played the rental tier 10 in clash, it's not as nimble as other mediums, felt a bit like the current elc to drive.  The alpha was nice but gun can be derpy and you get 10m less view range than everyone else. 

The aiming down was fine, easier to use than the TD's and I am considering going up that line too as I bought the lansen in BM.  The big boxes on the back of the tank are unsightly if that kind of thing bothers you, it seems from tanks gg they are part of the hit box but the model looks broken atm.

I played the TD on test servers and also found it boring

TheFluffyVehicle #6 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10436 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
I loved grinding down the tier 8 and 9 tanks. they offer a different perspective to the game and work wonders as long as you're not subjected to heatspam. in general they are agile enough to handle any ridgeline and can be very troll in armor when close range brawling. be warned the tier 10 can feel slightly worse than the tier 9 and this is due to the slightly less angled armor. apart from that the tanks are a blast to play and the alpha is just hillarious.

kaneloon #7 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32260 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
All I will say is that I did about 1250 base xp in the tiers 9 and still only get the 1rst class ...

Jinqx #8 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 39740 battles

Whole line is absolutely worth playing, 8 has no armor though, 9 has some and 10 has insane armor when hull down, all three hit very hard for mediums but a bit derpy at times.

Fun tanks imo and that's what matter.

gitgud_cannot #9 Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33218 battles

yay, but guns will troll you a lot - somehow feels like potato launcher with bad shell velocity, tier 10 turret gets penetrated quite easily in my experience. 

For me tier 10 one is a bit cursed, i have played 77 battles in it and still barely 53% wr, same crap as with progetto 65 in first 100 games although im doing great in my meds :D

p.s. one more thing, when playing tier 9 and 10 swe meds, remember that all you have is hulldown with gun depression and camo(39.2 lol on udes 15/16) 

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 24 February 2020 - 05:40 AM.

Mr_Burrows #10 Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51534 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Tier 8 is a tank I wish I could turn into a premium. I think it is one of the most fun tech tree tanks in game. Gun is a bit derpy, but at 360 alpha and with that shell speed, it is still pretty amazing. Tier 9 and 10 lacks that speed for sure, which is bad. 

Jumping_Turtle #11 Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 73252 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

I liked the the 8. At least something different but the siege mode takes a while to get used to.

The tier 9 was kinda meh, but that was more because there are so much tier 9 meds I do like.

The tier 10 is great.

In_Flames90 #12 Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13530 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY
Tier 8 is great. If you're used to playing with no armor, that extra gun depression, small size, high alpha and shell velocity is awesome.

Tier 9 has decent armor, just don't rely on it too much. Gun feels a bit derpy. It's good, but I feel it might be the worst of the three Tier for Tier.

Tier 10 is a bit slow. Good alpha and armor on a ridgeline. Haven't played it as much after the initial release, but it's in the middle of the three Tier for Tier.

mjoork #13 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12624 battles
  • [_FIRE] _FIRE

Tier 8 is awesome. Agile, good depr, good alpha and decent snapshot. Best tier 8 tank maybe?

Tier 9 suck donkeyballs for me. I need agility, that's why i play mediums. And sure the vehicle is agile but the potato thrower for gun needs you to sit still for 25 seconds to have a 50/50 chance to hit. It CANNOT snapshot at all. If you play well as a brawler or red line camper you may hate it less than I do.

Sweden and french to some extent suffers the same craphidden stats on their guns. "Potato" stat.

Edit: I voted no, but if you go to only tier 8 then big YES

Edited by mjoork, 24 February 2020 - 09:20 AM.

Ceeb #14 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34859 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

I rage sold the Tier 8, But unlucked the T9 and 10 just not bought them.   Really like the Lansen C, 

But more often than not the shell goues outside of the reticle. Cant comment on the T9 or 10 however but I know Skill liks the T10 a lot, but he can make any tank work

geoff99 #15 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44945 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

In my experience:

T8 is very situational as it's both paper and has rear mounted turret. So good as med support if winning or td ridge kiting if losing, both only if terrain allows. Can't push.

T9 is best in line. 390 alpha, good armour vs most opponents, means you can push or hold ridges. Some people say the gun is too derpy. I've found it fine. Best plays mid range.

T10 upgraded T9. Difficult to play well. Hull angling easy to get wrong (No armour model on tanks gg) Slower than some heaviums. Great potential if you're good enough it seems (skill is a big fan).

splash_time #16 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15611 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you know the hull down positions and you know how to play if you couldn't go hull down? Then big yes.

Absolutely a lovely play style, it has everything, mediocre DPM, good alpha, good armour and good speed. 

The only problem i assume is derpy gun, it might miss sometimes, now I don't own it myself, but i played it once on public test, and I loved it. :)

I still have my T7 leo to grind the line someday.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32960 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Fair enough. Ya I'll go for it or at least bag that tier8 and take it from there, see if it's a style worth taking passed tier8. 

Is this a sniper sort of playstyle btw? Keep fights ranged and just bang shots into tanks pressing w keys in your direction then run off when things get a too close for comfort or is there some other sort of playstyle?

I was trying to find something that shapes up to it on tanks GG but there's not a whole lot that combines that mobility, alpha, camo, strong view range, fast shell velocity APCR standard ammo in one package and that's great obviously since I'm looking for something fresh and interesting. 

4nt #18 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31084 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 24 February 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

Fair enough. Ya I'll go for it or at least bag that tier8 and take it from there, see if it's a style worth taking passed tier8. 

Is this a sniper sort of playstyle btw? Keep fights ranged and just bang shots into tanks pressing w keys in your direction then run off when things get a too close for comfort or is there some other sort of playstyle?

I was trying to find something that shapes up to it on tanks GG but there's not a whole lot that combines that mobility, alpha, camo, strong view range, fast shell velocity APCR standard ammo in one package and that's great obviously since I'm looking for something fresh and interesting. 

I didn't snipe with t8, the top gun is potato launcher so mid range engagements. Best results followed usually opportunistic flanking, when tougher teammates decided to push. Although I admit being poor example.

Some seem to think rear turret as liability but f.e. the mid of fisherman's and that another map with middle town were good places to back slightly up to clear gun from the corner (preferably in bush) and then scoot after firing. It kinda felt like driving 416 but with derpier, harder hitting gun and fully rotating turret, sans side armor for sidescraping. Gonna take 16 for spin after I'm done with t-54 grind.

mjoork #19 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12624 battles
  • [_FIRE] _FIRE
Tier 8 is an opportunist.
Tier 9 is just crap. Seriously i dont know how to play this tank properly, it can't snipe, so midrange is where it's at. I would say opportunist+brawler ish. Maybe a bad stb1?

"Facehugging" is viable on tier 9 and 10 due to low height and decent turret.

I'm a mediocre player but have 63% win in tier 8 and 45% in tier 9. Both around 150 games.

gitgud_cannot #20 Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33218 battles

View Postmjoork, on 24 February 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Tier 8 is an opportunist.
Tier 9 is just crap. Seriously i dont know how to play this tank properly, it can't snipe, so midrange is where it's at. I would say opportunist+brawler ish. Maybe a bad stb1?

"Facehugging" is viable on tier 9 and 10 due to low height and decent turret.

I'm a mediocre player but have 63% win in tier 8 and 45% in tier 9. Both around 150 games.

tier 9 one is great tank, only the gun could be a bit better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users