Jump to content


Destruction of this game


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Flicka #21 Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23729 battles
  • 498
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
5-6 years ago game was in a better state, but then we did not have 80% of the player base on 48% wr or less...

chainreact0r #22 Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36224 battles
  • 620
  • [D4EAM] D4EAM
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011
7/10 google translate effort

Solstad1069 #23 Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 46498 battles
  • 3,791
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

Remember getting one-shoy by arty in my Tortoise back in the days.
 

I do agree on the EBR, whenever you get 2 or more each side, they change the overall meta too much.



Private_Miros #24 Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28705 battles
  • 11,249
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostFlicka, on 24 February 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

5-6 years ago game was in a better state, but then we did not have 80% of the player base on 48% wr or less...

 

Considering between 2-3% of battles are draws, the average win rate is between 48.5% and 49%. This has always been the case.

This also means the vast majority of players - gaussian distribution - has been average. Considering it is difficult to consistently make a difference as one player on a 15vs15 game, the high WR players are a small minority carried by a large number of average and below average players.

 

In short, 80% of the player base has always been 48-49% and below.



moldovanvali #25 Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16054 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

While certain aspects of the game have significantly improved, clearly there a lot of things that require fixing.

 

I totally agree that the wheeled vehicles shouldn't be part of the game in this format.

In tier 10 battles, you often find yourself playing against NFS cars and terran battlecruisers.

 

Additionally, the game is far more arcadeish than it used to be and progression is too fast.

This is why you get people playing tier 10 with tier 3 tactics, without a basic understanding of the game.

Last but not least, abominations like 279e and T95 Chieftain should be DELETED from the game.

 

That being said, there are no disappearing tanks. You should learn the spotting mechanics in the game.

 

  



SastusBulbas #26 Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 36727 battles
  • 3,119
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostFurija111, on 24 February 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

5-6 years ago this was one of the best games in the world. Then it came slowly to fall and invent things that had no logic whatsoever about tanks and warfare. For some reason you have introduced 3 arty into battles, one of the moderators states that artillery is an integral part of tanks (only in this game, and nowhere else in the world), because artillery cannot hit a tank 3-4 km away from behind a hill or building ( IMPOSSIBLE FOR 45-degree ELEVATION.
Then you introduced the disappearance. The heavy tank disappears at 50 meters, especially the premiums, they see ordinary courses, and they remain hidden, INCREDIBLE.
Inserting the EBR line, which you hit with a heavy tank or with a T95 and he still goes, his wheels are a little shaky. If these marvels were worth anything, all the armies of the world would have them, and they were never used in warfare like this because one shot with a grenade would leave no buttons.
A special story is the premium tanks that these young moderator forces only need to install laser cannons, because we play with historical tanks, and these premium NEVER made have the capabilities of Voyager or Enterprice.
Lastly, I do not understand the possibility of applying for inaction when there are no sanctions for such players, but if you offend them in any way you are immediately banished. This is especially true for players who have played up to 1500 battles in 7-8 years but have purchased all the premium tanks, although they may play 4 battles a month or 3 battles a week and intentionally provoke their inaction. THEY ARE PROTECTED, because there is no punishment, there must be no offense, you can only be angry with yourself WHAT YOU IDIOT AND YOU'RE TAKING TIME TO PROGRESS IN THIS GAME

 

What a load of rubbish you are speaking, bet you like Marmite n Sprouts.



Frostilicus #27 Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 23865 battles
  • 3,703
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

Posts a rant, demonstrates a complete lack of game mechanic knowledge, doesn't post again

 

yup, another tomatorant :)



Gruff_ #28 Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25305 battles
  • 2,354
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
These are the type of threads that should get closed not ones with actual discussions.

Furija111 #29 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19039 battles
  • 60
  • Member since:
    12-20-2015

View PostGodTank2, on 24 February 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

5-6 years ago you had 5 arties in each team and you complain about 3?

There are no invisible tanks in the game, you just need to learn how the spotting works.

View PostGodTank2, on 24 February 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

5-6 years ago you had 5 arties in each team and you complain about 3?

There are no invisible tanks in the game, you just need to learn how the spotting works.

Bro, have you ever seen a tank live. That's first, second, I'm not talking about spoting

, I'm talking about the approach of a heavy tank weighing 50-60 tons that approaches me and suddenly disappears;



TomatoShooter #30 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 589
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostFurija111, on 25 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Bro, have you ever seen a tank live. That's first, second, I'm not talking about spoting

, I'm talking about the approach of a heavy tank weighing 50-60 tons that approaches me and suddenly disappears;

Maybe try Warthunder? There are no difficult spotting mechanics there.



CmdRatScabies #31 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:38 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39034 battles
  • 6,283
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostFurija111, on 25 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Bro, have you ever seen a tank live. That's first, second, I'm not talking about spoting

, I'm talking about the approach of a heavy tank weighing 50-60 tons that approaches me and suddenly disappears;

How can you play 17k games and not understand how spotting works?



Private_Miros #32 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:39 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28705 battles
  • 11,249
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostTomatoShooter, on 25 February 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Maybe try Warthunder? There are no difficult spotting mechanics there.

 

There are, for a Daltonist like me.



BQBD #33 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18369 battles
  • 283
  • Member since:
    11-02-2018

View PostFurija111, on 25 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Bro, have you ever seen a tank live. That's first, second, I'm not talking about spoting

, I'm talking about the approach of a heavy tank weighing 50-60 tons that approaches me and suddenly disappears;

 

Never heard of render range and view range, no?

 

Posted 3 years ago:



pihip #34 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:50 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17333 battles
  • 1,593
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostFurija111, on 24 February 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Then you introduced the disappearance. The heavy tank disappears at 50 meters, especially the premiums, they see ordinary courses, and they remain hidden, INCREDIBLE.


Wait you're saying my LT-432 has a cloaking device? Holy crap I must try it ASAP! :trollface:

Seriously though, you're just jumping at shadows.

Artillery is more frustrating today because of the stun mechanic, but what about the old 4-5 arty games when they could shoot AP for easy oneshots and their HE was so strong it could gib a Tier 10 tank for half its heal with splash alone? Not sure what's worse to be honest.

 

Armored cars had a significant impact on LT gameplay and can be very annoying to deal with, but it takes skill to do well in one, don't think that just by jumping in an EBR 105 you'll be king of the hill - imho they're the hardest type of vehicle to play in the game, though the EBR 75 is a beast in Frontline, even in inexperienced hands such as mine. :)

 

Lastly, never EVER bring up the issue of "historical tanks". This is not War Thunder, and is not a simulator. Think of it as Ace Combat with tanks if it helps - it's an arcade game, with arcade mechanics and several breaks from reality, some perfectly acceptable, some not.

tl;dr - World of tanks has some glaring issues (arty stun, gold ammo abuse, some tanks have far too much armor with no weakspots, little variety because only a few tanks are truly competitive), but it's far from the dumpster fire you claim it is. Just take a break, chill, and then get back in the action.



Flicka #35 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23729 battles
  • 498
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 February 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

 

Considering between 2-3% of battles are draws, the average win rate is between 48.5% and 49%. This has always been the case.

This also means the vast majority of players - gaussian distribution - has been average. Considering it is difficult to consistently make a difference as one player on a 15vs15 game, the high WR players are a small minority carried by a large number of average and below average players.

 

In short, 80% of the player base has always been 48-49% and below.


Yeah, might be so, but also might be that I clearly remember when seeing a 44-46% player I was actually surprised, today that ain't the case.

And those averages seems like they are taking all the accounts in the game, and frankly the good player 52-55% is quite the rarity.

I do not play the game even closely to what I did, the way it is played it so different that it is just not appealing to me as it was.

And the games I play, too many end in lopsided wins. So I check with what the teams had to deal with.

When you realize that you see 30 players in matches and find that there are 3-5 that are over 50% in all of that, it is quite disheartening.

I do see alot of those good players on forums, but in game, not so much.

Why the win rate has remained the same, but the gameplay has suffered so much, I do not know, it is some statistical stuff I will not go into.

 

I'll just say that the strategic part of this game is what appealed to me when I started, the ability to outsmart the opponent. 

And with all the changes this game has seen, I rarely see something like that done today. And with that element on the decline, the player base has been shifted accordingly, to a much more fast paced, no mistakes allowed gameplay. Also ending games with 15 tanks fighting 15 tanks, and 20 of those being just cannon fodder for the top few, how those 20 find fun doing that day after day I do not understand.



Private_Miros #36 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28705 battles
  • 11,249
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostFlicka, on 25 February 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:


Yeah, might be so, but also might be that I clearly remember when seeing a 44-46% player I was actually surprised, today that ain't the case.

And those averages seems like they are taking all the accounts in the game, and frankly the good player 52-55% is quite the rarity.

I do not play the game even closely to what I did, the way it is played it so different that it is just not appealing to me as it was.

And the games I play, too many end in lopsided wins. So I check with what the teams had to deal with.

When you realize that you see 30 players in matches and find that there are 3-5 that are over 50% in all of that, it is quite disheartening.

I do see alot of those good players on forums, but in game, not so much.

Why the win rate has remained the same, but the gameplay has suffered so much, I do not know, it is some statistical stuff I will not go into.

 

I'll just say that the strategic part of this game is what appealed to me when I started, the ability to outsmart the opponent. 

And with all the changes this game has seen, I rarely see something like that done today. And with that element on the decline, the player base has been shifted accordingly, to a much more fast paced, no mistakes allowed gameplay. Also ending games with 15 tanks fighting 15 tanks, and 20 of those being just cannon fodder for the top few, how those 20 find fun doing that day after day I do not understand.

 

1. 3-5 of significantly over-average players in the average team seem to me like even higher than should be normally expected. You'd expect to see the same amount of 45% and less players.

2. Gameplay has suffered not because of players - they are the same as ever - but due to corridor map design and higher alpha/tier powercreep

 

That last point also interplays with the strategic aspect. Without alternative flanking routes you cannot be strategical. You first need to clear out the corridors and thin out the field. But due to the fact that there are some very key positions on each map, losing them early often leads to a snowball, which then leads to no opportunities to be strategical.

 

In other words, not the players, people will always be egocentric, believing they are great and everyone else does stupid things (thats's why obviously bad players still blame their teams). The main reason for the issues described is bad map design and tank balance.



SIPU #37 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22144 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    03-31-2012
I do not agree the rest, but there is one big problem with wheeled tanks. All the hits for 0 damage, these piss me off. I would say it happens more than 50% of the time. It says critical hit, but I do not understand what is critical if the tank looses 0 health and keeps going with full speed. In one of the recent games I shot EBR 4 times for ~500 damage from which 3 hits were zero damage. It is not fun when you need to damage one light tank more than Maus to get it killed. This is frustrating.

Flicka #38 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23729 battles
  • 498
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 25 February 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

 

1. 3-5 of significantly over-average players in the average team seem to me like even higher than should be normally expected. You'd expect to see the same amount of 45% and less players.

2. Gameplay has suffered not because of players - they are the same as ever - but due to corridor map design and higher alpha/tier powercreep

 

That last point also interplays with the strategic aspect. Without alternative flanking routes you cannot be strategical. You first need to clear out the corridors and thin out the field. But due to the fact that there are some very key positions on each map, losing them early often leads to a snowball, which then leads to no opportunities to be strategical.

 

In other words, not the players, people will always be egocentric, believing they are great and everyone else does stupid things (thats's why obviously bad players still blame their teams). The main reason for the issues described is bad map design and tank balance.


Yeah, the game changes drove a lot of those good players that played this game because it was fun and competitive enough.

Whit the changes to it in the last few years, with maps and vehicles those lost interest in it. Most of my clan is players like that, and vast majority are not playing.

The game lost soo many options that it used to give us, that the gameplay suffered a lot, and with it the players base changed accordingly.

 

I cant recall people having soo many arty threads when there were 5 arties per game, and I played through it.

 

It is a vs multiplayer game, the point should be to try to win, but have fun doing it. These days wining comes with such negativity, you either work so hard for it (and sometimes that is just not enough) or you did almost nothing and won, in both cases you lose a part of that fun aspect of the game.

 

Map design and vehicle changes destroyed a decent share of the gameplay, but when you do find yourself in a situation to use some of the terrain advantages, your knowledge and any other skill, you will find yourself alone, while the rest will play the same 2 point corridor game just shooting at each other like armed ducks. 

 

But the playerbase will not get better, and for the game, I guess we will see.

At the moment, it is kind of sad what it turned into.

 



Cobra6 #39 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • 18,477
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostWarzey, on 24 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

 

You should really enlarge the minimap, I can guarantee it will make your life easier. There were multiple bushes between you and that Renegade, there's no way in hell you're ever going to spot him, of course he can't spot you either, bc 12t is doing the spotting (as marked on the picture below).

Spoiler

 

 

Get out fo here with your logic and common sense, Steve doesn't need your tips! He needs *EVEN MORE* armor on his tank!

 

Cobra 6



_Anarchistic_ #40 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49313 battles
  • 1,139
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostWarzey, on 24 February 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

Ah, the good old days

Spoiler

 

You should really enlarge the minimap, I can guarantee it will make your life easier. There were multiple bushes between you and that Renegade, there's no way in hell you're ever going to spot him, of course he can't spot you either, bc 12t is doing the spotting (as marked on the picture below).

Spoiler

 


a- real or photoshop

b- when was that ?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users