Warzey #41 Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61574 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 25 February 2020 - 03:53 PM, said:

a- real or photoshop

b- when was that ?

It's real although this is a really extreme case. Before the first arty nerf you could end up in games with 8-10 arties on each side. Old arties were considerably more inaccurate compared to current ones, but they did do a lot more damage, AP shells on T92 would knock you out with a single hit unless you were driving Maus or E100. As for when I'd say 2013 or so but I honestly don't remember exactly.

Venom7000 #42 Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8649 battles

View PostWarzey, on 25 February 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

It's real although this is a really extreme case. Before the first arty nerf you could end up in games with 8-10 arties on each side. Old arties were considerably more inaccurate compared to current ones, but they did do a lot more damage, AP shells on T92 would knock you out with a single hit unless you were driving Maus or E100. As for when I'd say 2013 or so but I honestly don't remember exactly.

I came way after that. I hate arty with passion.  But there should be a mode where there are 2 lights on each side and rest are arty.

I would love to try to dodge all of them.

Crasharr #43 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17830 battles
  • [DGAH] DGAH

View PostFlicka, on 24 February 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

5-6 years ago game was in a better state, but then we did not have 80% of the player base on 48% wr or less...

You really, REALLY dont understand statistics do you!?

This is "a Donald Trump Dumb" reply...

Balc0ra #44 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77326 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFurija111, on 25 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

Bro, have you ever seen a tank live. That's first, second, I'm not talking about spoting

, I'm talking about the approach of a heavy tank weighing 50-60 tons that approaches me and suddenly disappears;

Yet the only evidence you did show, he was 350m away behind 3-4 lines of bushes spaced out between.

A: This is an arcade game. Not a tank sim. So yes, you are talking about spotting.

B: If you have half the maps bushes and trees between you and him, he gets 80% camo rating vs you, and will disappear. As sound is not a factor of how well you spot him. You view range vs his camo factor is. Bushes adds to that factor and break line of sight. And when he has 80%, you won't spot him 350m away. It's not complicated.

C: As you clearly have indicated with your images. You don't understand how spotting works. One of your screens was the kill shot on from the SU. Why did you add it? Idk, as he was so far outside your spotting circle on the side hill to prove anything other than that you would never spot him in your blind T95 at that range. Nor would he. As he was not the one spotting you. 12t was. 

Artick_ #45 Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33030 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View PostFurija111, on 24 February 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

5-6 years ago this was one of the best games in the world. Then it came slowly to fall and invent things that had no logic whatsoever about tanks and warfare. For some reason you have introduced 3 arty into battles, one of the moderators states that artillery is an integral part of tanks (only in this game, and nowhere else in the world), because artillery cannot hit a tank 3-4 km away from behind a hill or building ( IMPOSSIBLE FOR 45-degree ELEVATION.
Then you introduced the disappearance. The heavy tank disappears at 50 meters, especially the premiums, they see ordinary courses, and they remain hidden, INCREDIBLE.
Inserting the EBR line, which you hit with a heavy tank or with a T95 and he still goes, his wheels are a little shaky. If these marvels were worth anything, all the armies of the world would have them, and they were never used in warfare like this because one shot with a grenade would leave no buttons.
A special story is the premium tanks that these young moderator forces only need to install laser cannons, because we play with historical tanks, and these premium NEVER made have the capabilities of Voyager or Enterprice.
Lastly, I do not understand the possibility of applying for inaction when there are no sanctions for such players, but if you offend them in any way you are immediately banished. This is especially true for players who have played up to 1500 battles in 7-8 years but have purchased all the premium tanks, although they may play 4 battles a month or 3 battles a week and intentionally provoke their inaction. THEY ARE PROTECTED, because there is no punishment, there must be no offense, you can only be angry with yourself WHAT YOU IDIOT AND YOU'RE TAKING TIME TO PROGRESS IN THIS GAME

Artillery in WW2 was able to direct hit a target at 10km  ( 10m splash) , that was in 1944 (152mm Gun) And had a 4 RPM reload.

This game mecanic is based on distance , not on elevation , eventough it is gonna raissome deagres to get range.

You know nothing about Tanks, You know nothing about WOT neither. Why you even bother?

Ebr is a yollo tank that no many ppl know how to play , its RNG based too. The only bad thing about it is its Pickrate now , and the fact you dont get assist from a flat tire on him.

Voldemars_Veiss #46 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34066 battles

lol, what do you know about 2014/2015? Your account was created at December 2015, which means that you have played this game 4 years, i think you should get some math lessons, rather than playing tanks.

anyway, i really did not enjoy 275mm of hesh pen while playing e100 back then, was so much fun, not to mention artas.

p.s. Artick_ didnt i meet you twice on the battlefield tonight? :D Grinding through KV3? i played kv3 as well, damn its painful in current days to play with it.

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 26 February 2020 - 06:22 AM.

Robbie_T #47 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22571 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostArtick_, on 26 February 2020 - 02:10 AM, said:

Artillery in WW2 was able to direct hit a target at 10km  ( 10m splash) , that was in 1944 (152mm Gun) And had a 4 RPM reload.

This game mecanic is based on distance , not on elevation , eventough it is gonna raissome deagres to get range.

You know nothing about Tanks, You know nothing about WOT neither. Why you even bother?

Ebr is a yollo tank that no many ppl know how to play , its RNG based too. The only bad thing about it is its Pickrate now , and the fact you dont get assist from a flat tire on him.

But they didnt had a head up screen and a pointer to directly ain at a tank.

Artillery in ww2 was getting info about the enemy and bombard a2km square mile and hope you hit something.

It was like the enemy holds up in the forrest ,nuke the forrest down.

Spg's in wot have a advantage that only the newest artillery have.

I dont have anything against arty in game but not 3 a side.

(also dont want 3 wheelys a side)

Edited by Robbie_T, 26 February 2020 - 06:44 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #48 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36973 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostDarth_Infektid, on 24 February 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

5/10 rant.

Lacks

1) pay to win

2) premium ammo

3) Cheats/Hacks

4) No threats to leave the game

So a bland generic rant with no interest

Would not read again.

5) A clue.

TheFluffyVehicle #49 Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10454 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
here is a pro tip. uninstall all your mods, enlarge your minimap and GIT GUT!

SastusBulbas #50 Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36727 battles

View PostTheFluffyVehicle, on 26 February 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

here is a pro tip. uninstall all your mods, enlarge your minimap and GIT GUT!

Why uninstall MODS? I just installed Aslains mod pack for a few mods to try today :unsure:

GentlemanDZ1991 #51 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41550 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

I think the spotting mechanics in this game are fine, the only thing that i have to agree with here is the EBR BS line

Its true that it kind of sux to wait 20 seconds to load and fire a 170mm round from a JgPzE100 at a light tank with basically the armor of a car and all you get is a critical hit (not even tracking), these tanks need to be revised and thought again, they made all the other light tanks obsolete, you can't active spot because they are faster and have over powered shooting on the move capabilities, add to that the HE rounds that will pen you consistently on the move even from mid and sometimes far range, and you can't also passive spot because they'll just yolo get you spotted and killed in seconds than they'll disappear with no or minimum damage taken, Now as for their so called weak view range, people have insanely good crews, obviously they also use equipments (if not improved ones) and they run food, so they'll easily get to the max view range and even exceed it. 

This line broke a lot of this game and even in clan wars it's a problem now, 

What i suggest is : 

Reduce the top speed or their maneuverability (even a rally car can't make a 180° turn while going 90kmh...), the travers needs to be a lot worse since they role on wheels

Nerf their dispersion values on the move and remove those BS HE rounds that make other light tanks look stupid and completely useless

Make them trackable like other tanks, a 170mm round hitting such a light vehicle would actually flip it over, not dent the wheel.. 

Edited by GentlemanDZ1991, 26 February 2020 - 10:08 AM.

stormermp #52 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52830 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postjack_timber, on 24 February 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

And here was me thinking the weekend rants were over for another week....

It's simple really if you don't like WoT for what it has evolved into don't play, plenty of others are quite content with this game.

It seem to me PAL that the opinions you bring to the table are not feasible nor realistic for the current situation for WoT that there is few threads that praise WG or in the general chat day after day.So the player feedback is mostly negative because they have no clue what to do with the game nor how to balance it anyhow 

Miepie #53 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
See? He sits completely still, while spotted and getting farmed by heavy tanks and tank destroyers, and it still takes 38 seconds to kill him. Those pictures from the OP simply prove that it is better for noobs to learn the game at high tiers instead of trying to do it at tiers 1-2-3. Give everyone who makes it through bootcamp a T95 / Tortoise / Jagdtiger.:popcorn:

Flicka #54 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23730 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostCrasharr, on 25 February 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

You really, REALLY dont understand statistics do you!?

This is "a Donald Trump Dumb" reply...

FAKE NEWS!

Ok, lets say for the argument sake player average is 48%, which in itself is sad. And according to wot-life statistics 71% of player are below average based on WN8, which is a dumb way but it is a measuring tool in a way, comparable to others.

And that makes them cannon fodder that can do a shot or two of dmg at the most.

This was a game of wit, where you can learn and improve without the need to have incredible hand eye coordination, reflexes and know every corner of every map.

How some lack that is still a mystery to me, but I guess a lot of them "play for fun" #ninja

Edited by Flicka, 26 February 2020 - 03:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users