Jump to content


Supertest: Tech Tree Changes and Collectors' Vehicles


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:29 PM

    Corporal

  • WG Staff
  • 1066 battles
  • 163
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

Hey, tankers! 

 

As you might remember, after the updated balance underwent a thorough Sandbox testing, it was decided to move forward with two newly introduced changes. And this iteration of Supertest will be dealing with the one involving Tech Trees.  

 

According to this change, a number of vehicles will fall into the Collectors’ category meaning to drive them into your Hangar you don’t have to spend a point of your XP. Some vehicles will be moved to other tiers or even get assigned to other classes. Also, some brand-new tanks will enter the game for the first time! All this shuffling is to secure a more consistent progression through tech trees. The detailed list of all new vehicles and those subject to changes can be seen below. 

 

It’s worthy to note that the test focus is narrowed to alterations related to vehicles themselves at this point, with tech trees and status changes put on the back burner. As for how these class/tier changes will be brought to life, the possible solutions are under consideration and once decisions are made, they will be shared with players. 

 

Vehicles to be moved to other tiers (12 in total):

• Cruiser Mk. I — from Tier II to Tier I
• Cruiser Mk. II — from Tier III to Tier II  
• Cruiser Mk. III — from Tier II to Tier III 
• Cruiser Mk. IV — from Tier III to Tier IV 
• Valentine — from Tier IV to Tier III 
• Valentine AT — from Tier III to Tier IV 
• Crusader — from Tier V to Tier VI 
• Covenanter — from Tier IV to Tier V 
• BT-7 — from Tier III to Tier IV  
• KV-1S — from Tier V to Tier VI 
• A-20 — from Tier IV to Tier V 
• SU-76 — from Tier III to Tier IV 

 

Vehicles to be assigned to other classes (5 in total):

• Crusader (a medium to become a light tank) 
• T54E1 (a medium to become a heavy tank) 
• VK 30.01 (H) (a heavy to become a medium tank) 
• VK 30.01 (P) (a medium to become a heavy tank) 
• Type 97 Chi-Ha (a medium to become a light tank) 

 

Vehicles to be added to the game (3 in total): 

• BT-5 — Tier III Soviet light tank. Gameplay-wise it shares a lot with the BT-2 that’s been long on the game’s vehicle roster. 
• T6 Medium — a Tier IV American medium. To keep it simple, it’s the famous Sherman and it plays accordingly. 
• Cavalier — a Tier V British medium bearing strong resemblance to the far-famed Cromwell. 

 

BT-5

 

Spoiler 

 

Cavalier

 

Spoiler 

 

T6 Medium

 

Spoiler 

 

 

It goes without saying that all the vehicles mentioned will be balanced, and for this purpose they will enroll into Supertest.

Please keep in mind that none of the changes are set in stone and the stats may be subject to further tweaks. 

 

See you on the battlefields commanders :honoring:



Denton_0451 #2 Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27144 battles
  • 1,868
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011

1. Will the collectors' tanks be limited to one module setup or will we be able to set up these vehicles with the currently existing modules the way we would like to? Locking down these vehicles' module setup would be a big mistake in my opinion.

2. What about the price of these vehicles? On the Sandbox server some of the collectors' vehicles had increased prices often reaching 2-3 times of the original tech tree price.



Gkirmathal #3 Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8602 battles
  • 1,789
  • [2VTD] 2VTD
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View PostDwigt, on 24 February 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

Vehicles to be moved to other tiers (12 in total):

• Cruiser Mk. I — from Tier II to Tier I
• Cruiser Mk. II — from Tier III to Tier II  
• Cruiser Mk. III — from Tier II to Tier III 
• Cruiser Mk. IV — from Tier III to Tier IV 
• Valentine — from Tier IV to Tier III 
• Valentine AT — from Tier III to Tier IV 
• Crusader — from Tier V to Tier VI 
• Covenanter — from Tier IV to Tier V 
• BT-7 — from Tier III to Tier IV  
• KV-1S — from Tier V to Tier VI 
• A-20 — from Tier IV to Tier V 
• SU-76 — from Tier III to Tier IV 

 

Dwigt, an important question that has not been mentioned in this post nor in any SB related post: are these tanks getting buffed when they are moved one tier up?

 

Leaving a tier 4 (or any of these tanks for example) "as is" and simply upping it to tier 5 without fully balancing it to the new power regime will not result in a positive outcome.

 

So what ideas do the Minsk Devs have regarding this?


Edited by Gkirmathal, 25 February 2020 - 05:03 PM.


Dwigt #4 Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:18 PM

    Corporal

  • WG Staff
  • 1066 battles
  • 163
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

View PostDenton_0451, on 25 February 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

1. Will the collectors' tanks be limited to one module setup or will we be able to set up these vehicles with the currently existing modules the way we would like to? Locking down these vehicles' module setup would be a big mistake in my opinion.

2. What about the price of these vehicles? On the Sandbox server some of the collectors' vehicles had increased prices often reaching 2-3 times of the original tech tree price.

 

There has been a lot of changes since SB launched and with all the feedback from the forums and the survey so everything that hasn't been announced is subject to change at any moment. I hope more info regarding this specific topic will be shared soon. As for the prices on SB, nothing is set for now but since these vehicles would not require XP to be unlocked so I imagine they're going to cost a little bit more.

 

View PostGkirmathal, on 25 February 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

 

Dwigt, an important question that has not been mentioned in this post nor in any SB related post: are these tanks getting buffed when they are moved one tier up?

 

Leaving a tier 4 (or any of these tanks for example) "as is" and simply upping it to tier 5 without fully balancing it to the new power regime will not result in a positive outcome.

 

So what ideas do the Minsk Devs have regarding this?

 

Nothing official yet but I'm pretty sure our Devs know that tanks should be balanced when they're tanks moving up and down tiers :P

Also when we initially announced the changes, we were very clear that each tank will examined closely and will be balanced according to the changes.

 

We will keep on updating the thread when we have more info for you!  



Ancybot #5 Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23141 battles
  • 789
  • [GHS] GHS
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostDwigt, on 25 February 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

Nothing official yet but I'm pretty sure our Devs know that tanks should be balanced when they're tanks moving up and down tiers :P

 

By taking a look at amx CDC, Panther 88, jt88,  tiger 2 and many other tanks, i beleive wg doesnt know that tanks should be balanced AT ALL


Edited by Ancybot, 25 February 2020 - 06:49 PM.


Balc0ra #6 Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76382 battles
  • 22,395
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
I'm more curious about the new stats on the tanks with a class change. Crusader lost a fair bit of mobility when it went from light to med etc.

LZ_Mordan #7 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19402 battles
  • 518
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012
what happens if you have are grinding the Cromwell from Crusader? Do you need to buy and grind stock a new tank?

bertiebond #8 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 40838 battles
  • 68
  • [341] 341
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
so... valentine ii?

undutchable80 #9 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:31 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14257 battles
  • 4,628
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostDwigt, on 25 February 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

[...] since these vehicles would not require XP to be unlocked so I imagine they're going to cost a little bit more.

 

Any indication what WG considers " a little bit more" ? 1,5x current credit price? 2x? 3x? And I assume since Wg have already indicated that the T6+ tanks being removed from the tech tree will also be available for credits, this will apply to them also? 

 

Guess I will be buying a couple of the T6+ tanks before the changes happen then. Just need a discount...:B



bbmoose #10 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13559 battles
  • 375
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
Please, don't change the VK30.01 (P). I want to 3-mark it as a medium. I had a blast playing it during my grind for the Pz VII.

JCD3nton #11 Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30579 battles
  • 344
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013
I hope we get a discount before these changes.

Aleo #12 Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:25 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33882 battles
  • 203
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    12-12-2010
How strange, I was under the impression that the EU community were mostly, if not wholly, against the rework of the techtree. 

TheCornerShop #13 Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3618 battles
  • 1
  • [BURR_] BURR_
  • Member since:
    07-09-2018

I really like the sound of the new techtree but worried as well :). I have the M4 jumbo right now (which might be getting removed) and trying to get the t20 before the changes! What happens if i dont get it before the changes? Do i just loose the time and experience on the jumbo? And have to start again with the Sherman?

 

Similar to this, i also have the tiger (p), its not being removed as such, but the tech tree change suggests you can no longer unlock the Ferdinand! so have i wastes more time and effort!?



Amigaria #14 Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6190 battles
  • 274
  • Member since:
    02-10-2017

As I said in the spanish section of forums:

 

Im the only one who see this change as a nonsense?

• VK 30.01 (H) (a heavy to become a medium tank) 
• VK 30.01 (P) (a medium to become a heavy tank)

Is there a single logical reason for change these two instead of leaving them as they are now?

:facepalm:

 

Besides of that, I have ONLY ONE german medium crew... just in the VK 30.01 (P), a tank who I enjoy a lot. If this change goes live and the tank goes heavy, i'll miss not just the VK as it is but the only crew avalaible for another 4 premium german medium tanks i have in the garaje.

 

Have you plans/solutions for issues like this one? Don't you dare to tell me that I have to begin a new crew from zero, because that is not going to happen.

 

Sorry about my terrible (and tipical spanish) english.


Edited by Amigaria, 27 February 2020 - 08:13 PM.


undutchable80 #15 Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14257 battles
  • 4,628
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostTheCornerShop, on 27 February 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

I really like the sound of the new techtree but worried as well :). I have the M4 jumbo right now (which might be getting removed) and trying to get the t20 before the changes! What happens if i dont get it before the changes? Do i just loose the time and experience on the jumbo? And have to start again with the Sherman?

 

Similar to this, i also have the tiger (p), its not being removed as such, but the tech tree change suggests you can no longer unlock the Ferdinand! so have i wastes more time and effort!?

Changes wont happen for a few months yet, so you have plenty of time of grinding the tanks you want before the update comes. I am in a similar situation and whenever I can play, I make sure i at least do the daily doubles on those tanks.

 

View PostAmigaria, on 27 February 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

As I said in the spanish section of forums:

 

Im the only one who see this change as a nonsense?

• VK 30.01 (H) (a heavy to become a medium tank) 
• VK 30.01 (P) (a medium to become a heavy tank)

Is there a single logical reason for change these two instead of leaving them as they are now?

:facepalm:

 

Besides of that, I have ONLY ONE german medium crew... just in the VK 30.01 (P), a tank who I enjoy a lot. If this change goes live and the tank goes heavy, i'll miss not just the VK as it is but the only crew avalaible for another 4 premium german medium tanks i have in the garaje.

 

Have you plans/solutions for issues like this one? Don't you dare to tell me that I have to begin a new crew from zero, because that is not going to happen.

 

Sorry about my terrible (and tipical spanish) english.

Most likely the VK30.01P crew will be retrained to HT, so yes, I would guess you will lose your MT crew...



Jerry_At_Rick #16 Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:45 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16838 battles
  • 34
  • [FILOX] FILOX
  • Member since:
    07-06-2013

View PostDwigt, on 24 February 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

Hey, tankers! 

 

As you might remember, after the updated balance underwent a thorough Sandbox testing, it was decided to move forward with two newly introduced changes. And this iteration of Supertest will be dealing with the one involving Tech Trees.  

 

According to this change, a number of vehicles will fall into the Collectors’ category meaning to drive them into your Hangar you don’t have to spend a point of your XP. Some vehicles will be moved to other tiers or even get assigned to other classes. Also, some brand-new tanks will enter the game for the first time! All this shuffling is to secure a more consistent progression through tech trees. The detailed list of all new vehicles and those subject to changes can be seen below. 

 

It’s worthy to note that the test focus is narrowed to alterations related to vehicles themselves at this point, with tech trees and status changes put on the back burner. As for how these class/tier changes will be brought to life, the possible solutions are under consideration and once decisions are made, they will be shared with players. 

 

Vehicles to be moved to other tiers (12 in total):

• Cruiser Mk. I — from Tier II to Tier I
• Cruiser Mk. II — from Tier III to Tier II  
• Cruiser Mk. III — from Tier II to Tier III 
• Cruiser Mk. IV — from Tier III to Tier IV 
• Valentine — from Tier IV to Tier III 
• Valentine AT — from Tier III to Tier IV 
• Crusader — from Tier V to Tier VI 
• Covenanter — from Tier IV to Tier V 
• BT-7 — from Tier III to Tier IV  
• KV-1S — from Tier V to Tier VI 
• A-20 — from Tier IV to Tier V 
• SU-76 — from Tier III to Tier IV 

 

Vehicles to be assigned to other classes (5 in total):

• Crusader (a medium to become a light tank) 
• T54E1 (a medium to become a heavy tank) 
• VK 30.01 (H) (a heavy to become a medium tank) 
• VK 30.01 (P) (a medium to become a heavy tank) 
• Type 97 Chi-Ha (a medium to become a light tank) 

 

Vehicles to be added to the game (3 in total): 

• BT-5 — Tier III Soviet light tank. Gameplay-wise it shares a lot with the BT-2 that’s been long on the game’s vehicle roster. 
• T6 Medium — a Tier IV American medium. To keep it simple, it’s the famous Sherman and it plays accordingly. 
• Cavalier — a Tier V British medium bearing strong resemblance to the far-famed Cromwell. 

 

BT-5

 

Spoiler 

 

Cavalier

 

Spoiler 

 

T6 Medium

 

Spoiler 

 

 

It goes without saying that all the vehicles mentioned will be balanced, and for this purpose they will enroll into Supertest.

Please keep in mind that none of the changes are set in stone and the stats may be subject to further tweaks. 

 

See you on the battlefields commanders :honoring:

Ref the Cavalier screen shots. The second turret is screwed up, it's missing 3 fasteners from the front plate. How this mistake arose I have no idea as the same basic turret has been in WoT since the first British tank to be released the Matilda Black prince. It's also the turret on the Cromwell and the Cromwell B.

For reference: The first link may not be the most dilligent site but , https://tanks-encycl...I_Cavalier.php 

and Bovingtons Cavalier wreck: 15417197430_746cf50031_n.jpg ps all images and links found in minutes on Google.

 


Edited by Jerry_At_Rick, 29 February 2020 - 12:47 AM.


sefhyro #17 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23388 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

View PostJerry_At_Rick, on 28 February 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

Ref the Cavalier screen shots. The second turret is screwed up, it's missing 3 fasteners from the front plate. How this mistake arose I have no idea as the same basic turret has been in WoT since the first British tank to be released the Matilda Black prince. It's also the turret on the Cromwell and the Cromwell B.

For reference: The first link may not be the most dilligent site but , https://tanks-encycl...I_Cavalier.php 

and Bovingtons Cavalier wreck: 15417197430_746cf50031_n.jpg ps all images and links found in minutes on Google.

 



and the funny part is having a wg staff member, going on to CC blogs in this case  Rita status report, saying she didn't do "proper research"..
and i quote... 
 

“Автор статьи – дилетант. Куча фактологических и реальных ошибок в тексте.”

“The author of the article is an amateur. A bunch of factual and real errors in the text.”


NOW ISN'T IT FUNNY, THAT WITH A LITTLE BIT OF RESEARCH IN GOOGLE, ONE CAN FIND PICS OF THE ACTUAL TANK (IN THIS CASE THE CAVALIER) AND EVEN THAT WG MANAGES TO F... UP, NOT EVEN A MODEL THAT IT'S CLEAR ONE CAN FIND ONLINE...
NOW I WONDER...
DO THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO INTERPRET DESIGNS PICTURES AND MODELS??

i let the community figure out for themselves how many more actual tanks the models are actually correct, and i'm not even going to talk about paper tanks, those where drawings that never came to exist, but that's another story...


Edited by sefhyro, 29 February 2020 - 01:51 AM.


13thMonkey #18 Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25323 battles
  • 20
  • [SHAG] SHAG
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011
Would these changes to the tech tree be reason enough to give us back the SU-122-54 perhaps?

BMG92 #19 Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 2
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Hello! big question. What will happen with the national fragments for the tanks that will be removed in the next update if they have not been researched?

Dwigt #20 Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:17 PM

    Corporal

  • WG Staff
  • 1066 battles
  • 163
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-29-2018

View PostBMG92, on 02 March 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hello! big question. What will happen with the national fragments for the tanks that will be removed in the next update if they have not been researched?

 The tank fragments will be converted to national BP fragments.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users