Has anyone ever been sanctioned for pushing.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Lee3452 #1 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
I know there is a report button for unsportsmanlike behaviour. But that does not tell WG what the action of the offender is, nor does it highlight the problem that heavier vehicles will just bully lighter vehicles out of the way. As they consider they have priority in a particular spot. I doubt very much if WG are interested in a replay and that's why they give the complain tab. So is this something that should just be accepted as part of the games mechanics.

Edited by Lee3452, 24 February 2020 - 07:30 PM.

LethalWalou #2 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostLee3452, on 24 February 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

I know there is a report button for unsportsmanlike behaviour. But that does not tell WG what the action of the offender is, nor does it highlight the problem that heavier vehicles will just bully lighter vehicles out of the way. As they consider they have priority in a particular spot. I doubt very much if WG are interested in a replay and that's why they give the complain tab. So is this something that should just be accepted as part of the games mechanics.

Let's test. Come play with me, push and block me and I'll report you. That way you'll know for sure.

PeaceWalker1 #3 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18307 battles
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_
A few year ago i got banned for an hour or two for pushing people. To my defense, i was drunk and though they were mocking me !

Ancybot #4 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23141 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
***some bug, proper post below

Edited by Ancybot, 24 February 2020 - 07:40 PM.

LethalWalou #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostAncybot, on 24 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

And then by sheer coincidence, that player you reported just happens to take a 3 day break starting from the CS answer.

Ancybot #6 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23141 battles
  • [GHS] GHS

Block Quote

Hi Ancybot,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support!

We appreciate your effort in contacting us regarding your concern with the reported player censored.  We are sorry to hear your displeasing encounter with the reported player and we thank you for providing us your report and evidence of the violation. Sadly, we do not disclose details of the suspension but we can assure you that appropriate measures have been taken. In order to maintain a fair and fun gaming environment for our community and to avoid naming and shaming, we keep this information private. Also, we encourage you to use our in-game report system since this will be much faster to report the player in real-time.

In the effort to keep a friendly game environment, our teams are taking measures against the non-respect of our game rules with sanctions between 1 day chat ban and 7 days game suspension. In unique situations, our team will sanction with a permanent chat or game ban depending on the player’s history. Due to our Privacy Policies, we cannot disclose the nature of the exact actions taken against other player’s accounts. However, I can assure you that the right actions were taken based on the report you sent us.

Again we thank you for keeping the game free from violators.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

thats from 2 weeks ago, guy didnt log in to game for 3 days

And this one is from yesterday, he didnt log in to game today. Im curious why it happened. Question is, how is his new marathon going right now

Block Quote

Hello Ancybot,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support.

I am really sorry for the behaviour of this player. I am happy to inform you that we have taken measures against the player CENSORED. I hope that you don't see yourself again in this situation.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Wish you good luck in your battles and have a nice day.

Kind regards.

So dont tell me you cannot do anything about ppl pushing you. Physics abuse report works like a charm, not getting into other WG decisions. This one thing works PERFECT

I would be super happy if all things in WG worked like physics abuse reports

Edited by Ancybot, 24 February 2020 - 07:44 PM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLethalWalou, on 24 February 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

Let's test. Come play with me, push and block me and I'll report you. That way you'll know for sure.

If one report was all it did take. I suspect none of us would be here atm.

Yes, there is no separate report for it, even tho there should be. But as unsportsmanlike conduct is the common report used. There is some room for false reports. There has to be, or again we would all be on our 5th ban by now. Thus if only OP reports him that game, and no one else does. I doubt much will happen. It's the one where multiple people report that might attract attention, even more so if he does it often and has 3 games like that day. But if it was just that one time, and only one report. Then no. I doubt his report does anything tbh.

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 February 2020 - 07:44 PM.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 24 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 February 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

If one report was all it did take. I suspect none of us would be here atm.

Yes, there is no separate report for it, even tho there should be. But as unsportsmanlike conduct is the common report used. There is some room for false reports. There has to be, or again we would all be on our 5th ban by now. Thus if only OP reports him that game, and no one else does. I doubt much will happen. It's the one where multiple people report that might attract attention, even more so if he does it often and has 3 games like that day. But if it was just that one time, and only one report. Then no. I doubt his report does anything tbh.

As Ancy just explained, 1 report is all it takes when rules are actually being broken. It's the playerbase's fault that the in game reporting isn't as efficient anymore that 1 report through that makes the trick.

And don't make the same mistake as Rati did yesterday, that you think UC only means in game reporting. The physics abuse ticket falls under the same section as well and reporting through ticket system as physics abuse is literally reporting UC.

Lee3452 #9 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles
So may be worth a report by the sounds of things.

northeu #10 Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16291 battles
Yup.. i was on abby in my low tier TD in the nub starting bush to fire into the city. Another TD obviously wanted the spot and kept bumping the back/side of my tank, I roll back, he dives into the spot i roll forward so he has nowhere to go he drives off the cliff to escape comes all the way back to try to push me off, fails in the push me game then cries to his platoonmate(who may or may not be a streamer no names of course) and i'm banned within 5 minutes :) they wern't interested in my replay

Thlurp #11 Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15423 battles

i don't count on ingame report.
if a player keeps bothering me/pushing after me asking him nicely to stop i make a ticket.

allthough i never check if he logs in, i'm pretty sure this way works much better than ingame report

xtrem3x #12 Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36401 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
Pushed someone off a cliff who was on my ignore list and got an hour ban :amazed:

BQBD #13 Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18342 battles

Got loads of players banned for pushing me out of hard and soft cover.

Just open a support ticket with WG support, provide a replay, be polite and explain how it happened and how it destroyed your gaming experience and had a negative impact of the course of battle.

That is it.

Keep in mind there are people on the other side answering those tickets and looking at replays you send. Treat them with respect, as they had nothing to do with what happened in the game and they are here to help you.

Orkbert #14 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29449 battles

View PostBQBD, on 25 February 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Got loads of players banned for pushing me out of hard and soft cover.

Just open a support ticket with WG support, provide a replay, be polite and explain how it happened and how it destroyed your gaming experience and had a negative impact of the course of battle.

That is it.

Keep in mind there are people on the other side answering those tickets and looking at replays you send. Treat them with respect, as they had nothing to do with what happened in the game and they are here to help you.

Nothing much to add here, just one little add-on:

If you plan to send a replay to the support, make sure that your own actions and chat behavior stay as much civil as possible. We had a few threads of players who sent a replay to support and they received a three day UC ban as well because after the first push they behaved just as bad as the initial offender, if not even worse.

Remember, "he did it first" is NOT a valid excuse for your actions.

BQBD #15 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18342 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 25 February 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

Nothing much to add here, just one little add-on:

If you plan to send a replay to the support, make sure that your own actions and chat behavior stay as much civil as possible. We had a few threads of players who sent a replay to support and they received a three day UC ban as well because after the first push they behaved just as bad as the initial offender, if not even worse.

Remember, "he did it first" is NOT a valid excuse for your actions.

Oh yea, good of you point that out. Forgot to add it myself. On one of the previous posts someone made I did :P

If you behave in the same way as the offender, you will get hit by the ban hammer as well, regardless of who started it first. Keep that in mind.

DuncaN_101 #16 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57384 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Sorry no experience with this since I don't intentionally push others and I don't bother reporting others really

BlackBloodBandit #17 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9797 battles

View PostLee3452, on 24 February 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

I have been banned for pushing an ally, because he sabotaged the game for the team and kept annoying me during the game for no reason as well. It was not a bad player, just a *****

mpf1959 #18 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34186 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Has anyone ever been sanctioned for pushing.

Yes. I pushed a tank off the cliff on Province, I went blue, and got a small ban. It was of course the tank blowing up and going btg that pulled the sanction, however, the push did it! :girl:

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51397 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLethalWalou, on 24 February 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

As Ancy just explained, 1 report is all it takes when rules are actually being broken. It's the playerbase's fault that the in game reporting isn't as efficient anymore that 1 report through that makes the trick.

And don't make the same mistake as Rati did yesterday, that you think UC only means in game reporting. The physics abuse ticket falls under the same section as well and reporting through ticket system as physics abuse is literally reporting UC.

lol.

Yes let's not question a drop down in game report called "Unsportsmanlike Conduct"... you use it and then by magic/psychic energy/random epiphany you also decide that isn't reporting "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" as you also need to send in a replay. No one will ever make that error... it's infallible.

I totally forgot about imaginary instructions/communications.... how silly I have been.

I'm still waiting for your "proof" as well Lethal... you know the one you never produced 4 times of asking.

LethalWalou #20 Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostRati_Festa, on 25 February 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

Let's try once more. This time, try to actually read the words I write to you here, please.

I gave you the link to the previous thread where the things you are looking for are. It's your own fault that you won't go read it. Your past behaviour of not reading what I write to you means that I'm not gonna spoonfeed you anymore.

I have also invited you to come play with me and block and push me, and we can see if the reporting works. Unless of course you are too scared of getting banned for that as you know reporting works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users