Jump to content


More maps for tiers 1-3


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10443 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

Heyo :)

 

We all know that players in tier 1-3 dont play the maps how they are usually being played in higher tiers.

this gave me the idea that maybe some more maps could be introduced to the tier 1-3 replacing the old ones to keep the map rotation in 3 maps.

 

maps i had in mind are: Empire's Border, Murovanka and Serene Coast.

 

simply because i belive low tiers would open up unused parts of those maps that i have highlighted in the following pictures:

Spoiler

 

on higher tiers these maps are basically locked down to left and right side but in low tiers the whole map could be used because of the Limited view range and the size of the tanks as they can hide behind the buildings much more easily than big high tier tanks.

it would also offer players to have long range engagement from certain points of the maps and Still offer ''brawlers'' the houses as the usual heavy tank zone.

 

i could be wrong but i do believe that the maps would become more interactive and fun to play for newer players as there would be far more options for playstyles, besides the usual Mines, Himmelsdorf and Abbey that really dont offer much for TD's or Arty.


Edited by The_Naa, 24 February 2020 - 09:36 PM.


splash_time #2 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15692 battles
  • 1,518
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostThe_Naa, on 24 February 2020 - 11:18 PM, said:

Heyo :)

 

We all know that players in tier 1-3 dont play the maps how they are usually being played in higher tiers.

this gave me the idea that maybe some more maps could be introduced to the tier 1-3 replacing the old ones to keep the map rotation in 3 maps.

 

maps i had in mind are: Empire's Border, Murovanka and Serene Coast.

 

simply because i belive low tiers would open up unused parts of those maps that i have highlighter in the followint pictures:

Spoiler

 

on higher tiers these maps are basically locked down to left and right side but in low tiers the whole map could be used because of the Limited view range and the size of the tanks as they can hide behind the buildings much more easily than big high tier tanks.

it would also offer players to have long range engagement from certain points of the maps and Still offer ''brawlers'' the houses as the usual heavy tank zone.

 

i could be wrong but i do believe that the maps would become more interactive and fun to play for newer players as there would be far more options for playstyles, besides the usual Mines, Himmelsdorf and Abbey that really dont offer much for TD's or Arty.

 

Good idea Naa, but most of tier 1 till tier 3 tanks are not having that much of view range, armour or even speed to use big maps. Then you have the gun handing which mostly are fun to play or watch. :D

 

 I don't think adding big maps to the rotation will increase the skill of newcomers or even teach them how to "flank" since nobody has armour as I mentioned. 

 

But this is just my opinion. :)



The_Naa #3 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10443 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postsplash_time, on 24 February 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

 

Good idea Naa, but most of tier 1 till tier 3 tanks are not having that much of view range, armour or even speed to use big maps. Then you have the gun handing which mostly are fun to play or watch. :D

 

 I don't think adding big maps to the rotation will increase the skill of newcomers or even teach them how to "flank" since nobody has armour as I mentioned. 

 

But this is just my opinion. :)

 

They dont have much penetration either. 

I watched a MS-1and H35 bouncing shots off each other few times yesterday. :teethhappy: it was really intence.

And there are tanks like H&R 35 and other French tanks that have decent armour for their tier. 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76437 battles
  • 22,432
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Homefront did use some of the larger maps. But only a small section of it vs the entire map. I don't see why WG can't do that on low tiers. The small Ensk version would be great for tier 1 to name one.

 

As the few times I do dip into low tiers these days. It's either Abbey, Himmelsdorf of Mines. Kinda lackluster rotation tbh. Only one of them is a good low tier map.



The_Naa #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:06 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10443 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 February 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

Homefront did use some of the larger maps. But only a small section of it vs the entire map. I don't see why WG can't do that on low tiers. The small Ensk version would be great for tier 1 to name one.

 

As the few times I do dip into low tiers these days. It's either Abbey, Himmelsdorf of Mines. Kinda lackluster rotation tbh. Only one of them is a good low tier map.

I would Love to play more low tier games with tanks the I hold dear.

Let me quess Mines is the best, right?

I think so atleast. 


But either way, the one thing i forgot to mention in the OP is the fact that Mines and Himmelsdorf are maps usually ended quickly by experienced players, taking the hill on Mines and on Himmels is the best way.

On Mines you can cover the whole maps with binos and punish everyone and on Himmels if you win the hill you can roll down to the enemy's rear and farm that sweet rear armor.

And the games usually dont last long because of this. 



Balc0ra #6 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 76437 battles
  • 22,432
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 24 February 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

On Mines you can cover the whole maps with binos and punish everyone and on Himmels if you win the hill you can roll down to the enemy's rear and farm that sweet rear armor.

And the games usually dont last long because of this. 

 

Tbh.. on Himmels I play the middle. Push right over and bully one of the sides. I hardly go hill on even lower tiers. But yeah, I feel Himmels and Abbey won't teach new players much other then flank fire falures. It's just a bigger Mittengard.


Edited by Balc0ra, 24 February 2020 - 10:11 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users