map desing Erlenberg

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

XS_____ #1 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 442 battles
  • [-WTB-] -WTB-

is a joke... how many brain cells... yes I start like this but i don't want to make the sense of this post toxic but, is it's unhealthy for the game because in city this map (Erlenberg) is a corridor fight without having the opportunity to flank or exit . :child::child::child:

say the opinion in chat >> 

corridor

BQBD #2 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18202 battles

Out of all the other horrible corridor maps you whine about Erlenberg :facepalm:

At least there you can move around, city is the only actual corridor there....unlike...oh I don't know...Mountain Pass, Empires Border, Abbey, Lakeville...am I missing anything else?

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57299 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
This engrish is very stronk.

Sorry mate but your post is very hard to follow.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25105 battles

The corridors aren't the problem in Erlenberg.

The problem is you can shoot into the corridors from TD camping locations and redline, which makes any kind of flanking manouvers in the town hard.

It's just another WG attempt to create "something for everyone" kind of maps, which always fails.

BSHDBCG #5 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6410 battles
The piles was added there to protect from hill campers on either side, to let the heavies brawl it out in the town.

Strappster #6 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View PostDuncaN_101, on 25 February 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

If I'm reading it properly, what's he essentially saying is that if you deliberately drive down areas that are enclosed on both sides without much access, you'll find yourself fighting a head-to-head battle in a corridor. In other news, our Papal correspondent confirms that His Holiness remains sure of his faith and does indeed wear a silly hat. Back to Jim now for the weather.

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25105 battles

View PostStrappster, on 25 February 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

If I'm reading it properly, what's he essentially saying is that if you deliberately drive down areas that are enclosed on both sides without much access, you'll find yourself fighting a head-to-head battle in a corridor. 

Nope, you read it wrong.

The problem is you could perfectly fine flank on Erlenberg evn in the core city, but you just get shot by all camper TDs from redline... so you really can't.

XS_____ #8 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 442 battles
  • [-WTB-] -WTB-

View PostDuncaN_101, on 25 February 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

This engrish is very stronk.

you don't understand sarcasm :popcorn:

splash_time #9 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15574 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Eh, Ruinberg will follow by having good defense points on one spawn and the other spawn is to lose. 

Oh, what else? Redshire I believe, same story.

(I'll try to upload pictures later when I'll use my pc to explain better.)

Everything in WoT needs a fresh rebalance. :popcorn:

Cobra6 #10 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Erlenberg since it's redesign has gone totally down hill. The city in the centre is one big linear corridor fest which is an issue indeed and on the flanks you have big open killing fields in front of easy TD camouflage positions that can be reached from the spawn within 30 seconds.

It's a garbage map at the moment and it would be better if WG restored the old version, at least that was playable.

View PostBQBD, on 25 February 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

At least there you can move around, city is the only actual corridor there....unlike...oh I don't know...Mountain Pass, Empires Border, Abbey, Lakeville...am I missing anything else?

Actually, you can't move around, you can take about 1/2 of the flanks and then you run into a big open field dominated by dug in TD's you can't spot or engage.

On the *OLD* Erlenberg you could get around.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 25 February 2020 - 01:41 PM.

Jethro_Grey #11 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5214 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN
The City on this map is - in my opinion at least - a kill box if your team doesn't hold one or even both flanks. 

XS_____ #12 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 442 battles
  • [-WTB-] -WTB-
WG need to move that piles of rubble to make a exit from coridor and put a building in front to have cover from side shots.

Edited by XS_____, 25 February 2020 - 01:49 PM.

Jethro_Grey #13 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5214 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostXS_____, on 25 February 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

but allow access to exit

I don't think removing the rubble will save this map. 

The tanks that push through the City would be very vulnerable to fast Lights and mediums who would zoom through the passages that are now covered by rubble. 

And it wouldn't solve the issue with TDs sitting on both flanks Shooting into the town. 

HaZardeur #14 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37263 battles
WG must protect underarmored heavy tanks from pesky meds and lights...

SIPU #15 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22078 battles
  • [JORM] JORM
At least this solution is way better than In Redshire when you take a risk to charge hulldown tanks (at zeppelin crash-site) you get 10 shots to the side from all the hillcampers. Either remove ability to shoot to the side or this hulldown position as this design completely annihilates all desire fight aggressively or try any advance moves at all.

BQBD #16 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18202 battles

View PostCobra6, on 25 February 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Erlenberg since it's redesign has gone totally down hill. The city in the centre is one big linear corridor fest which is an issue indeed and on the flanks you have big open killing fields in front of easy TD camouflage positions that can be reached from the spawn within 30 seconds.

It's a garbage map at the moment and it would be better if WG restored the old version, at least that was playable.

Actually, you can't move around, you can take about 1/2 of the flanks and then you run into a big open field dominated by dug in TD's you can't spot or engage.

On the *OLD* Erlenberg you could get around.

Cobra 6

No I don't agree. You can move around in certain situations where the enemy leaves the flank open, or you somehow manage to dig out those camping TD's. You still have that option, whereas on the maps I mentioned there is no way to access those corridors without going all the way around. 

Yes the camping TD positions are there, and yes it is a flawed map design and yes in most cases you will be erased by the camping bushwankers. That is all true and like yourself and many other I truly dislike this approach to map design.

However, as mentioned above when the stars align or MM is not filled with TD's you can move around. Also, I can not comment on the previous version of the map as I have never played it, so this version is all I know.

All I wanted to say is, in terms of corridor maps, Erlenberg is hardly the worse case...

Cobra6 #17 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBQBD, on 25 February 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

No I don't agree. You can move around in certain situations where the enemy leaves the flank open, or you somehow manage to dig out those camping TD's. You still have that option, whereas on the maps I mentioned there is no way to access those corridors without going all the way around. 

Yes the camping TD positions are there, and yes it is a flawed map design and yes in most cases you will be erased by the camping bushwankers. That is all true and like yourself and many other I truly dislike this approach to map design.

However, as mentioned above when the stars align or MM is not filled with TD's you can move around. Also, I can not comment on the previous version of the map as I have never played it, so this version is all I know.

All I wanted to say is, in terms of corridor maps, Erlenberg is hardly the worse case...

You are absolutely right, it's not the worst case by far.

But compared to the old Erlenberg it has only become worse.

Cobra 6

LethalWalou #18 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34824 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostXS_____, on 25 February 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

What I learned about this post is that you, OP, define corridor as a road with one side blocked off but the other side open with several exits.

Previously I've also learned that the playerbase think a 50m street in a city with buildings on both sides is a corridor and apparently means that the whole map is a corridor...

This community. :facepalm:

15:12 Added after 3 minute

One could say every map is a corridor too, as we are forced to fight in a rectangular area which we can't escape from

I'm surprised no one has complained about that yet, when knowing this playerbase,

ThorgrimBrenadim #19 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36913 battles

This is typical wargamming fix mentality. They don't take a screwdriver they don't even take a sledge hammer they go straight to the wrecking ball.

All the images shown by the OP could have been fixed way better by just placing a building back from that gap so tanks can still drive through but then turn left or right etc to then engage enemy on the flanks or to escape from a frontal armoured tank they can not compete with head to head. The extra buildings would have given better cover from tanks sniping into the city as well.

24doom24 #20 Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9175 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
botkoko's brother has joined in! :D

Also tagged with map, desing, Erlenberg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users