What happened to prem tanks never to be better than techtree? FULL P2W

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Crasharr #1 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17367 battles
  • [DGAH] DGAH

I am not sure why I'm even bothering, the people still here are die-hard white knights or severely jaded but here goes anyways:

I've been away for a while and when i played WG made the promise that premium tanks would never be better than techtree but they would get something like preferential matchmaking and increased crew training and gold income.

Now I come back and all techtree tanks have been completely outclassed by premium tanks, something was promised wouldnt be happening. Premium ammo wouldnt become a problem (we have plans for that WG said), but from the hitlog it has become an enormous problem.

What happened? I used to love to play WOT, i used to love looking at the different tanks and the techtree's and somehow felt bonded to those in WW2 that drove these vehicles and withstood those hardships.

But these days? Tanks with 2 barrels? Every premium has an autoloader or a machinegun like clip? All maps have been stripped of all forms of camo opportunities, no more bushes, no more anything.

Wheeled vehicles that just run circles around anything and are so hard to hit that its not even fun anymore when you see them on your or the opp team?

Seriously what happened to this game? I used to love to be able to use camo and hide and snipe, i used to be able to trade shots without some P2W arsehat with a 4 clip gun rape me as i have barely time to fire once. All fun has been sucked out. It used to be arty that drove people away but these days... the P2W tanks are just making it impossible to like this game anymore, sadly.

I am completely at witts end why anyone is still playing this if you know how it used to be. New players... sure they dont know better but any veteran still playing this ... I dont know what to call it but it makes me very sad. I used to love tanks, not juts WOT but WW2 tanks but this is just.... it makes me sad!

Why are you still here?

Strappster #2 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View PostCrasharr, on 25 February 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

Why are you still here?

Because I still enjoy it. If you're not then you're not under any obligation to continue playing.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You can put up an argument with the Defender, or even the premium UK light. As they beat the tech tree variants on just about anything. But every premium? Not really, as some are there to reflect different styles vs the tech tree variant. Thus it will be better in some aspects. The recent US tier 8 HT's can reflect that. Even the premium dual-barrel is not better at everything vs the IS-2-II.

And that style aspect has always been there. On even the Lowe vs the Tiger. Lowe had a stronger mantle and more pen on his gun. But lost DPM and mobility vs the Tiger II, but ofc has been buffed since then to reflect his style more. Inc more rear side armor. Just as the T26E4 vs the Pershing has been. As he is more of a brawler vs the tech tree style, his buffs have reflected that style.

And why am I still here? Well... Not everyone feels that way about it. There was a "dark" era with regards to premiums and even tech tree tanks like the 268 4 and Defender. But that balance team got... sacked. So it's not all bad. If it was, I would not be here.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 February 2020 - 01:34 AM.

Warzey #4 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61096 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

It's completely natural to get stomped by new and unfamiliar tanks after coming back from a long break. It will take time to learn about new tanks, new mechanics and adjust to map changes.

Let me tell you crying about it is not going to help.  

evilchaosmonkey #5 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18585 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Just start right clicking on the names in the battle results on both teams and look at their win rates.  That will really make you cry.  Winning is more pot luck than ever - but at least the teams are balanced.

Personally, never had an issue with p2w so long as it's open to all and not just a select few - each to their own I guess.

The problem the game has is that its ecosystem is an amorphous blob.  Push one side in to fix something and a bulge appears somewhere else of unintended consequences.

I don't like what WG have done on many things, but I do recognise they don't have an easy job - not least with declining sales to battle.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 26 February 2020 - 06:50 AM.

The_Naa #6 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10433 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Very well Armored heavys (Premium or not) dont bother me because I still the old reliable TD's and the 2 key. 

Wheeled Vehicles dont bother me cuz I can aim and fire at the right moment. 

No Bushes where they used to be? Find New Bushes.

maps changed, tanks changed, how people play the maps changed. 

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Still need to learn how to fight douple barrel tanks, cant just poke corners and take a douple shot to the face. 

But I will find a way.

And I am still here because its a Game about Tanks!

I love Tanks. :)

They move, they shoot, they destroy. 

Also if OP is back after a long break you need to learn the game again. It was the same for me. Went from 52% winrate and good damage per game to around 46% and bot like stats because I did not know how to play anymore. But now I am getting near to that 51% winrate and good damage per game. :)

Cobra6 #7 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Seriously what happened to this game? 

Change of management => focus on making money over quality of the game => Current Day.

Basically WG threw all their original promises (that would ensure the game would stay balanced and honest to the players) out the window, they basically did an EA.

Most players now either don't know or remember what was said waaaaay back when this game was still fairly small and WG actually cared about what  the heavily invested players wanted/liked.

The game has changed, some thing for the better but most things for the worst and it's strayed quite far from the original goals it had in 2010/2011.

Cobra 6

DeanWong #8 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14126 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

Simple, it is call paying to get an advantage.

Imagine you running WG and promote "Free to play" without any means to encourge your clients to part with their money.

How will you pay your developers?

How will you pay for maintaining your servers?

How do you pay for improving your product?

How do you play for advertising to get more customers?

How to you pay for your  infrastructure?

How do you pay for your family?

How to you pay rent ?

This games is free to play but if you want an advantage, you have to pay. I pay for that advantage because I can and I actually pay less to WG as a game then other games I have "like 2K"

Back to your point, I too return to this game after 6 years and I actually enjoy it more because I have to relearn all the maps and tanks.

Only sad thing is the current MM is iinadequate due to techtress been easier to grind and me meeting alot of plays playing in tiers way out of their depth.

Jauhesammutin #9 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

What happened?

You had a break and missed out on development of the game.

Why are you still here?

We didn't have a break.

Cobra6 #10 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDeanWong, on 26 February 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

Simple, it is call paying to get an advantage.

Imagine you running WG and promote "Free to play" without any means to encourge your clients to part with their money.

How will you pay your developers?

How will you pay for maintaining your servers?

How do you pay for improving your product?

How do you play for advertising to get more customers?

How to you pay for your  infrastructure?

How do you pay for your family?

How to you pay rent ?

This horse always gets pulled from the stable but it's a logical fallacy. You don't need to make your game artificially worse to earn money.

If you make a good and enjoyable game that just has a premium account and a few premium tanks, you will make money enough to run the game. You will not make all the money in the world (greed) but you'll make enough. Back in 2010=>2014 WG made more than enough money to run this game and then the focus became making all the money in the world after which the quality of the gameplay went downhill rapidly. They also started tons of vanity projects most of which crashed and burned wasting a lot of money in the process that could have been used to improve/run WoT.

There are many many games that made an absolute killing because they were simply good games (Minecraft / Subnautica etc.), they didn't need to make the game artificially worse to encourage spending.

Cobra 6

Zmago5000 #11 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16402 battles
if I pay money I expect something in return,...like most ppl do ussualy,....and as I see it, this game is more F2P than I would wish :teethhappy:
08:03 Added after 6 minute

View PostDeanWong, on 26 February 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

How will you pay your developers? do you mean same stuff  on sale all over again and 1-2 OP Russian tank per year?

How will you pay for maintaining your servers? I thought these 50 or 100 eur per month isnt even worth mentioning

How do you pay for improving your product? What the hell do you mean by that???

How do you play for advertising to get more customers? You mean Defender&Scorp on sale every month twice?

How to you pay for your  infrastructure? didnt know WG builds bridges and tunnels....

How do you pay for your family? Women also work the last 50 years or so,....

How to you pay rent ? what rent? Rent a car???

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31115 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Full T8 game two days ago, Lakeville, I remember it clearly. 29 premium tanks.

And there were more similar battles, 3/4 of tanks were premiums.

Nuf said.

amashi #13 Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18832 battles

OP Premium tank exist! :izmena:

My T-103 and 59-Patton say Hi....

And I love them more then Defender, which is a garbage tank imo.

Zmago5000 #14 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16402 battles

View Postamashi, on 26 February 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

And I love them more then Defender, which is a garbage tank imo.

Def is garbage,..if you dont own one :)

The_Naa #15 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10433 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZmago5000, on 26 February 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

Def is garbage,..if you dont own one :)

OBJ.252U is garbage even if you own one. :)

110 > 252U and thats a fact

Homer_J #16 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

Field Marshal

• 33637 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why are you still here?

I have a question for you.  If you used to love WoT so much then why did you leave?

If people didn't stop playing then WG would not think they needed to change the game.

BQBD #17 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18202 battles

A profit driven company made a "promise" and after a while changed its mind in favour of more profit, what an unexpected surprise :sceptic:

Everyone pull out your pitchforks and lets RIOT!! :izmena:

Cobra6 #18 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHomer_J, on 26 February 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

I have a question for you.  If you used to love WoT so much then why did you leave?

If people didn't stop playing then WG would not think they needed to change the game.

Chicken and egg though, might very well be that people started leaving the game after WG started changing it (Like I know all of my friends playing it have and tons of clan-mates over the years).

Cobra 6

Zmago5000 #19 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16402 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 February 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

:)

110 > 252U and thats a fact

lol good joke

The_Naa #20 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10433 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZmago5000, on 26 February 2020 - 11:04 AM, said:

lol good joke

A slight exaggeration perhaps but no joke. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users