Fix these damn wheeled so called tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

GentlemanDZ1991 #1 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40241 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

I think the majority of people will agree that since the introduction of wheeled tanks into WOT lots of things have changed..

And i'm also sure that you all had this moment when you wait 15 to 20 seconds to load and fire a large caliber gun such as the 170mm on the JgPzE100 at a wheeled tank with basically the armor of a car and all you get is a critical hit (not even tracking),

I used to play my Sheridan and T100LT a lot, i still play sometimes my Blackdog as well, but since the arrival of wheeled tanks, playing other light tanks when you're facing wheeled ones is a nightmare. all the other light tanks are now obsolete compared to the wheeled ones, you can't active spot because they are much faster and they'll take key positions before you even get there. they also have over powered shooting on the move capabilities and with those mythical HE rounds that will pen you consistently on the move even from mid and sometimes far range, you're useless. And you can't also passive spot because they'll just yolo get you spotted and killed in seconds than they'll disappear with no or minimum damage taken,

Now as for their so called weak view range which is supposed to balance them, people have insanely good crews, obviously they also use equipments (if not improved ones) and they run food, so they'll easily get to the max view range and even exceed it. 

This line made the game worse and ruined the fun (and the competitiveness) we had when playing light tanks, they even changed the meta in clan wars because the only way to play (apart from city maps) now is with fast mobile setups and at least 2 or 3 EBRs and 2 arties, anything else you just get constantly spotted and artied to oblivion, and than finished off by the rest.

What i suggest is : 

• Reduce the top speed or/and their maneuverability (even a rally car can't make a 180° turn while going 90kmh ...off road..), the travers needs to be a lot worse since they role on wheels
  • Nerf their dispersion values on the move and remove those BS HE rounds that make other light tanks look stupid and completely useless
  • Make them trackable (possibility to destroy their wheels) like other tanks, a 170mm round hitting such a light vehicle would actually flip it over, not dent the wheel.. or at least make them a lot slower when they have damaged wheels.  

Edited by GentlemanDZ1991, 26 February 2020 - 10:34 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35998 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/732037-the-big-wv-wheeled-vehicles-discussion-thread/

GentlemanDZ1991 #3 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40241 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

Its not surprising that a lot of people are talking about this.. its really influencing the game in a bad way, WOT has multiple issues, but this one takes it to another level, 

Edited by GentlemanDZ1991, 26 February 2020 - 10:39 AM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76382 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGentlemanDZ1991, on 26 February 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Its not surprising that a lot of people are talking about this.. its really influencing the game in a bad way, WOT has multiple issues, but this one takes it to another level, 

Everyone hates arty, but that's still there. Wheels has more "meh" people then haters vs it tbh. Wheels changed the meta sure. But part of the issue is that most plays tracked lights the same way and get upset it's not working anymore. Sure it can be a pain if they have 3 wheels on their team. But my 90mm T49 has no issues dealing with one, but less so vs 2. So either I stick with a fellow light to help counter. Or, I wait to see where they yolo before I push other spots more aggressively.

The only fix WG needs to do atm is a bigger speed penalty on 1 or 2 wheels. And a wheel cap. As in wheel vs wheel if the MM can. As having 3 wheels vs 3 tracked on mines is not ideal. Just as having 3 blind wheels on Campinofka is not ideal vs 3 tracked lights with 507m view range having parts of your team perma spotted. As that's more or less like having 3 M44's vs 3 FV 304's. You know what HT lane is gonna get smacked more.

GodTank2 #5 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9983 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

View PostGentlemanDZ1991, on 26 February 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Now as for their so called weak view range which is supposed to balance them, people have insanely good crews, obviously they also use equipments (if not improved ones) and they run food, so they'll easily get to the max view range and even exceed it. 

So people have maxed out crew and maxed out equipment and yet they "easily" get max view range? Food costs 20k per game , crew takes alot of time to train with all skills, directives require lots of bonds , and on top of that you also need bond equipment. How is this "easy"?

GentlemanDZ1991 #6 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40241 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

View PostGodTank2, on 26 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

So people have maxed out crew and maxed out equipment and yet they "easily" get max view range? Food costs 20k per game , crew takes alot of time to train with all skills, directives require lots of bonds , and on top of that you also need bond equipment. How is this "easy"?

It is easy for people with 15 20k games +

and 20k credits per game was never an issue when you're running prem account or just playing prem tanks

Robbie_T #7 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21929 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Lttle nerf on the speed of the tier 9 and 10. give them the speed of the tier 8. (80kmh)

(you cant nerf than more else the tank is useless)

And on the Ebr 75 Ebr 90 and 105 a fixx on the hitbox.

(the lynx is fine)

DiSaBor #8 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21413 battles

When I play other LT I hate to meet EBRs.

When I play Lynx I hate to meet EBR 75.

That's how bad EBRs are

Nitro_Tank #9 Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7861 battles

Nerf the speed and traverse to not completely insane levels is all it needs. They simply drive through the team all the time and its mindblowing how anything like this came through testing.

If you defend wheeled vehicles in their current state theres something loose in your head

Zer0RNG #10 Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15727 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostGentlemanDZ1991, on 26 February 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

I think the majority of people will agree that since the introduction of wheeled tanks into WOT lots of things have changed..

And i'm also sure that you all had this moment when you wait 15 to 20 seconds to load and fire a large caliber gun such as the 170mm on the JgPzE100 at a wheeled tank with basically the armor of a car and all you get is a critical hit (not even tracking),

I used to play my Sheridan and T100LT a lot, i still play sometimes my Blackdog as well, but since the arrival of wheeled tanks, playing other light tanks when you're facing wheeled ones is a nightmare. all the other light tanks are now obsolete compared to the wheeled ones, you can't active spot because they are much faster and they'll take key positions before you even get there. they also have over powered shooting on the move capabilities and with those mythical HE rounds that will pen you consistently on the move even from mid and sometimes far range, you're useless. And you can't also passive spot because they'll just yolo get you spotted and killed in seconds than they'll disappear with no or minimum damage taken,

This line made the game worse and ruined the fun (and the competitiveness) we had when playing light tanks, they even changed the meta in clan wars because the only way to play (apart from city maps) now is with fast mobile setups and at least 2 or 3 EBRs and 2 arties, anything else you just get constantly spotted and artied to oblivion, and than finished off by the rest.

What i suggest is : 

• Reduce the top speed or/and their maneuverability (even a rally car can't make a 180° turn while going 90kmh ...off road..), the travers needs to be a lot worse since they role on wheels
  • Nerf their dispersion values on the move and remove those BS HE rounds that make other light tanks look stupid and completely useless
  • Make them trackable (possibility to destroy their wheels) like other tanks, a 170mm round hitting such a light vehicle would actually flip it over, not dent the wheel.. or at least make them a lot slower when they have damaged wheels.  

wv must be OP  :trollface::trollface:... compare dmg wr wn8

Edited by Zer0RNG, 26 February 2020 - 05:13 PM.

EMILY__BLUNT #11 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21362 battles
  • [JERLA] JERLA
They appearance on the battlefield is OP, that statistic cannot expose. Like arty. Sometimes I stun whole game and play good in my beautiful arty, and on the end have 500 dmg 500 stun in tier 8/9. Stats horrible... Effect on the game ...great

ValkyrionX_TV #12 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56264 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
For any discussion on WVs use this thread, thanks: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/732037-the-big-wv-wheeled-vehicles-discussion-thread/
Thread closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users