Dead in 2 minutes

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Geoffrey_Ironfist #1 Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

Last night I played about 25 battles, nearly all in TDs and in the majority of them I was dead in the first couple of minutes. What is going on? Have you experienced anything like it?.

It felt as if the top players on the enemy team were in lights and fast mediums and went hell for leather for those spots were lightly armoured TDs usually sit. The bushes got blindhsot and they gang-rushed and killed anyone in their way as fast as possible to get to those bushes to kill me. It was weird. What on earth? I have a WTR over 6000 but last night, while playing my favourite TDs, I had a WTR of less than 4000 because I barely got a shot or two off before being rushed and/or proxy-spotted  by a bunch of light tanks.

TankkiPoju #2 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25105 battles

There are some certain places in most maps, where TDs always sit in.

What can we tell you. Don't sit in those bushes, or you get blindshot.

ThorgrimBrenadim #3 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36913 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 26 February 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

True but equally a TD is a support class and due to map design there are limited locations a TD can go to where they can give effective support. So you either go to those spots and do your job for the team and hope to be safe, maybe move slightly to the side if the bush is big enough to try and make some shots miss you, or you go to spots not used by TD's a lot and you are not able to give full support either the enemy are safe from you behind objects or you only occasionally get a shot on a small part of the enemy tank or even team mates fighting block your shots.

Rati_Festa #4 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51308 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Agreed, if I'm safe and nothing else is spotted, I just fire HE in the bushes knowing that some Skorp, SU130 will be sat there :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 26 February 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

True but equally a TD is a support class and due to map design there are limited locations a TD can go to where they can give effective support. So you either go to those spots and do your job for the team and hope to be safe, maybe move slightly to the side if the bush is big enough to try and make some shots miss you, or you go to spots not used by TD's a lot and you are not able to give full support either the enemy are safe from you behind objects or you only occasionally get a shot on a small part of the enemy tank or even team mates fighting block your shots.

If you go to the places they expect you to be you can't really complain if you then get found there and slapped. Going to the less obvious position may not give you the best firing angles but if it keeps you in the game you can still do something to win. Getting yourself killed inside two minutes because you went and got two perfect shots off doesn't help you win.

FataL_ShadowZ #6 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13726 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 26 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

If you go to the places they expect you to be you can't really complain if you then get found there and slapped. Going to the less obvious position may not give you the best firing angles but if it keeps you in the game you can still do something to win. Getting yourself killed inside two minutes because you went and got two perfect shots off doesn't help you win.

Precisely this. I hate the most obvious positions (ramps on Sand River/Ghost Town etc..) as whats always more in my mind is someone playing arty that would know these spots and blind fire it due to the high probability of TD's being there. I also find that while you might not always make dmg early, opportunities can present themselves later once LT's are killed off reducing chances of being spotted when firing & relocating on more forward parts of the map.

Edited by FataL_ShadowZ, 26 February 2020 - 01:08 PM.

mpf1959 #7 Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33940 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Dead in 2 minutes

I know, ages aint it? I've tried and tried but the best I can do is 48 seconds! Still, never say die, I will get it down to 30 seconds, like Rab the Bruce says, :playing:

Robbie_T #8 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21929 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 26 February 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

Last night I played about 25 battles, nearly all in TDs and in the majority of them I was dead in the first couple of minutes. What is going on? Have you experienced anything like it?.

It felt as if the top players on the enemy team were in lights and fast mediums and went hell for leather for those spots were lightly armoured TDs usually sit. The bushes got blindhsot and they gang-rushed and killed anyone in their way as fast as possible to get to those bushes to kill me. It was weird. What on earth? I have a WTR over 6000 but last night, while playing my favourite TDs, I had a WTR of less than 4000 because I barely got a shot or two off before being rushed and/or proxy-spotted  by a bunch of light tanks.

You know theres a marathon going on......

So every tomatoe is online now so till 9 March there will be horrible matches!

Bigtime_Alarm #9 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23023 battles
Wow you manged to survive a whole two minutes, can you give me lessons?

Geoffrey_Ironfist #10 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

Yes, of course but why just last night? It felt as if there was some head-hunting mission going on. Or maybe someone posted a video on youtube. I am switching to mediums and lights for now. It was really strange, battle after battle. There are often limited locations were a TD will go and even if you are not in the most obvious bush, you are likely going to be in the second or third most obvious. A bunch of fast tanks that can yolo the base will not take long to find you.

I guess the weird thing was that they almost always got through and did so very fast.

WoT_RU_Doing #11 Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 61570 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
I had a lovely battle last night where I put two shots into a bush at the start of the game, followed by the message that an enemy SU-130PM was killed. I don’t think he lasted 60 seconds, so 2 mins isn’t too bad.

WilhelmII #12 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36176 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

Fact is, 1) if you go to a position that is best for a TD, everyone knows where that is, 2) if you go to a position that is not best for TD but good to survive, out comes all the in game verbal abuse , starting with Noob, Un-install working upwards to things about your mum, so Damned if you do and Damned if you don't, why is it like this?? BECAUSE the MAPS have Been the same basically for the last 9 years, they are vastly to small,  So by Default totally unrealistic and map position predictable, the vehicle deployment for each map is the same ole same ole because of the tiny map size making it impossible to do much else.

Go on a Warthunder map and see the difference. that said WOT FL maps are brilliant in comparison to the normal random maps, so yes it is possible, just the will seems to be missing . 

wsatnutter #13 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26958 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
go where you are least expected and in some cases go where they do expect you

LOROVIRUS #14 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1473 battles
It is not only TDs. It is like most players have hurry to die and next battle. It has been worse than usually this week.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #15 Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
I guess if the snipers around the base are not as competent as usual, and if more people are yoloing than usual, that's what you get. I have decided that if you can't beat them, join them, and it seems to be working for now.

SastusBulbas #16 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36506 battles

Well as I have ben told in my other threads I suck.

I actually do play rather badly in paper TD's Skorpion G and such, I have had a little more time in usual to play recently, did Team Clash, did the grind up to E3, and up to Grille TD, and doing lvl 7 of the baguette grind, but apparently my last 600 games have been bot like.

Used to try and say on an average of 10 games, two first games were steam rolls, three Sandriver were top kek J9 camp fests with NO map control, NO NORTH and minimal in mid. Ended up doing more than 10 games, left with a 53% win day, not the best WN8. My O-Ho stats also show how bad I am dealing with current MM and maps. But stil feel less players actually try and make an effort, resulting in steam roll losses or a lack of support where you just get wiped off the map and doing more damage than your XP is luck with what time you had.

Yesterday my 1st two games, top damage, top and near top on XP, but both games 5 minutes long with only 5 enemy team killed, and a LOT of my randoms are like this, sorry but Im average and in tanks like the O-Ho, T95, WT etc that I grind, I just cant carry Steam Rolls or safely spot and destroy all my targets unsupported. Had difficulty deploying and bounced shots in Sand River, may need to look at some gameplay in paper TD vids to improve my Skorpion gameplay though.

Though apparently most of losing is my fault for being a BOT.

Should have never came back apparently.

Edited by SastusBulbas, 27 February 2020 - 04:29 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSastusBulbas, on 27 February 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

Though apparently most of losing is my fault for being a BOT.

Should have never came back apparently.

It's not about being a bot, if you play badly you do badly. You're playing badly. It's just that simple. 

SastusBulbas #18 Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36506 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 February 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's not about being a bot, if you play badly you do badly. You're playing badly. It's just that simple. 

49% isnt a BOT though, its average, and when some blue player starts pulkling stats and belittling, its nothing to do with him beiung a better player or farming stats, its to do with him being a plonker. Sadly the game is full of blue plonkers, who mare still a minority in comparison to 45% players, and need average and below players to farm that WN8.

Edited by SastusBulbas, 27 February 2020 - 05:21 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSastusBulbas, on 27 February 2020 - 05:20 PM, said:

49% isnt a BOT though, its average, and when some blue player starts pulkling stats and belittling, its nothing to do with him beiung a better player or farming stats, its to do with him being a plonker. Sadly the game is full of blue plonkers, who mare still a minority in comparison to 45% players, and need average and below players to farm that WN8.

It is average, which means in the grand scheme of things you are neither contributing to the win, nor to blame for the loss, which means you're entirely  subject to the whims of the MM on the day. You'll get good days, you'll get bad days, but if you're looking to win more and not just be subject to RNG you need work to be more than just average. 

StronkiTonki #20 Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

I actually had 2 amazing battles where I blind shotted a few tanks in my KanonenJP 105.
One of em was an enemy KanonenJP on Lakeville who got back to his original bush.

Other one was an SU-130PM on Himmelsdorf who got spotted at the railroads.

He then moved into cover, and I continued to blind shot the spot where he initially got spotted. Got him from full HP to 0.

Sorry if you happened to be one of my victims. :D

In any case, if I notice my time of surviving getting bad, it's either my fault for playing too agressive, or my teams that just die too quickly.

Try to focus on the map and see wherever you're able to stay alive, where your team is still staying alive. Don't get caught alone.

And also try to avoid getting back into spots where you've been spotted, at least not right away.

Blind shotting is getting quite popular nowadays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users