Server lagging EU 1 and EU 2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Nadal666 #1 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16996 battles

I experience server mikrolags, every 2 seccond I get .5 sec lag, my connection is very good, but to your server it has problems.

Dont using Wi-Fi,

Seems it is fine for now.

Edited by Nadal666, 26 February 2020 - 07:40 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
EU2 is fine for me. Been fine all day. If it was the server, I suspect I would have issues too.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Nope, all good here.

Homer_J #4 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNadal666, on 26 February 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

I experience server mikrolags, every 2 seccond I get .5 sec lag, my connection is very good, but to your server it has problems.

Sounds like typical symptoms of a poor wifi connection.  Are you using wifi?

wsatnutter #5 Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:51 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26990 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNadal666, on 26 February 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

Dont using Wi-Fi,

Seems it is fine for now.

its your connection

do proper checks

Negativvv #6 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15419 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I've had lag issues for over a week now, reset my cable modem countless times and the connection is fine for FPS games.

It's actually fine in game 75% of the time but there are random lag spikes which makes aiming an utter pain, it's enough to give some pretty bad movement stutter too.

Meh, I try a game a day and if it's still laggy I go find something else to do...

RSA_TriHard_7 #7 Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50921 battles
  • [FARMS] FARMS
I also have + 50ms ping for more than a week now i contacted my ISP they said the connection is fine until it leaves their network  it gets routed through the USA which is not correct and causing the lagg I contacted support they said i must troubleshoot with my ISP which i have been doing for a week.I am from South Africa and 50ms more makes it unplayable.I dont know what to do more :(

batler_1 #8 Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 36356 battles
  • [R4-DK] R4-DK

login.p1.worldoftanks.eu.pnglogin.p2.worldoftanks.eu.pngView PostNegativvv, on 27 February 2020 - 03:48 AM, said:

I've had lag issues for over a week now, reset my cable modem countless times and the connection is fine for FPS games.

It's actually fine in game 75% of the time but there are random lag spikes which makes aiming an utter pain, it's enough to give some pretty bad movement stutter too.

Meh, I try a game a day and if it's still laggy I go find something else to do...

I Have the same problem, game is unplayable

Here is result from plingplotter

07:59 Added after 2 minute

View PostNegativvv, on 27 February 2020 - 03:48 AM, said:

Attached Files

• Attached File   login.p1.worldoftanks.eu.png   153.16K
  • Attached File   login.p2.worldoftanks.eu.png   161.69K

unhappy__bunny #9 Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:23 AM

Brigadier

• 20851 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostPlayerA, on 26 February 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

Rule of thumb here. Its:

1. Always your problem. 

2. Never WG problem

3. If the test of pingplotter shows you have a perfectly stable connection. Then its a little bit of WG fault and yours together.

If there is 1 micro stutter during your 45min pingplotter analysis. Then its obviously your fault.

If you bothered to read rather than taking a "lets bash WG regardless" stance then the rule of thumb would be:

1. Possibly but not definitely, your problem. 

2. Possibly but not definitely, WG problem

3. Probably, and most likely, somewhere between you and WG.

4. If the test of pingplotter shows you have a perfectly stable connection. Then its likely to be a game problem and should be reported to WG Support.

5. If there is 1 micro stutter during your 45min pingplotter analysis. Then you probably didn't even notice it in game.

View PostPlayerB, on 26 February 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

It's really kind of weird. I have played games like Battlefield and Warframe with zero issues but somehow it's the red ping indicator in WoT that keeps flashing and tanks keep twitching.

But sure let's agree with you so you don't have to delete my comment also.

As I don't play those games I cannot be sure but I suspect they work differently to WoT, and their servers are probably located in different countries to the WoT servers. WoT is a client/server based game, as you probably know, and therefore all calculation are carried out on the server. This means that the time factor is very important. The data needs to leave your PC, travel to the server, be processed and the result sent back to your PC. Any delay to the data causes lag, or in the case of extreme delays, disconnection from the server.

That delay can be caused by many things, but the weakest link in the connection between you and the server is the actual Internet itself. There are many points on the Internet that your data has to pass through on the way to the server and back again, any one of which can suffer an outage or become a bottleneck, and your data then has to be rerouted which increases the journey time.  

There are a number of websites that will provide tools, to detect problems, and information on sites with downtime and even contact details of ISP's across the Internet.

https://downdetector.co.uk is one. It is available for different countries from a drop-down menu.

https://livemap.pingdom.com is another. It is a live, visual indicator of problem areas around the world.

https://www.speedguide.net/ip/80.255.15.165#_ This one allows you to enter the IP address for the PingPlotter identified problem node and find the details of the ISP, run latency test, and in many case (not all) find a contact for the ISP.

I posted this in another recent "Lag" thread.

TomatoShooter #10 Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View Postbatler_1, on 27 February 2020 - 08:57 AM, said:

Looks like the problem is/was at amsix-am2.gcore.lu a hub in the Netherlands close to the WG server. However I am from the Netherlands and didnt experience any lag yesterday.

Homer_J #11 Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbatler_1, on 27 February 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

Looks like you have multiple issues there.

Your ping spikes start way down in your ISP's network and you have packet loss from WG's end.

Negativvv #12 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15419 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Amusing how the issue is nowhere near as bad on the Common Test, as in it's not hugely choppy and perfectly playable. 

EU 1 and 2 both have terrible lag spikes which spoilt the enjoyment enough for me to take a break for a bit. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users