Training books and tank requirement

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jaxx77 #1 Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3647 battles

I often have mixed crew in my premium tanks that come from different other tanks. It is very inconvenient to train the crew I'm using with training booklets because those books have original tank requirement, so I can only train them in original tank. Since my crew comes from varied different tanks I can't use the books with the premium tank I want. I see no purpose in such requirement it only complicates things.

For example my commander comes from Sherman, and other members come from Patton. To train the commander I have to move him to Sherman and waste whole book on just one crew member. Same thing with the rest of the crew.

Edited by jaxx77, 27 February 2020 - 02:52 PM.

Richthoffen #2 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32068 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
why don't you use your patton commander? just curious, why do you mix your crews in that way?

Retro_Drops #3 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6308 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

why do you have crew members from different tanks in a premium vehicle?

train one full crew in it at a time

undutchable80 #4 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14276 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjaxx77, on 27 February 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

I often have mixed crew in my premium tanks that come from different other tanks. It is very inconvenient to train the crew I'm using with training booklets because those books have original tank requirement, so I can only train them in original tank. Since my crew comes from varied different tanks I can't use the books with the premium tank I want. I see no purpose in such requirement it only complicates things.

For example my commander comes from Sherman, and other members come from Patton. To train the commander I have to move him to Sherman and waste whole book on just one crew member. Same thing with the rest of the crew.

Simple, otherwise you could 'abuse' the system by putting mixed crews in a premium with the largest crew layout and train multiple members in one go. For example, the TOG has a crew of six, whereas the Super conqueror has 4. Put that crew plus half a crew from another UK heavy in the TOG and train up 1,5 crews with one manual = no go by WG. 

Also, your last example is another reason why not: putting least skilled overall commander + least skilled Gunner + least skilled Driver + least skilled loader all from 4 different tanks would be seen as 'abusing' the system. 

jaxx77 #5 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3647 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 27 February 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

Simple, otherwise you could 'abuse' the system by putting mixed crews in a premium with the largest crew layout and train multiple members in one go. For example, the TOG has a crew of six, whereas the Super conqueror has 4. Put that crew plus half a crew from another UK heavy in the TOG and train up 1,5 crews with one manual = no go by WG. 

Also, your last example is another reason why not: putting least skilled overall commander + least skilled Gunner + least skilled Driver + least skilled loader all from 4 different tanks would be seen as 'abusing' the system. 

Why call it abusing ? It looks more like enhancement  of benefit you get from books, as well as makes owning tanks such as TOG more rewarding.

Pick your option. Otherwise it makes sense.

Edited by jaxx77, 27 February 2020 - 03:37 PM.

undutchable80 #6 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14276 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjaxx77, on 27 February 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Why call it abusing ? It looks more like enhancement  of benefit you get from books, as well as makes owning tanks such as TOG more rewarding.

Pick your option. Otherwise it makes sense.

you are looking at this from your own point of view as a player, but you have to look at it from WG's perspective to understand the reasoning behind it. 

Homer_J #7 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• 33644 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRichthoffen, on 27 February 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

why don't you use your patton commander? just curious, why do you mix your crews in that way?

A quick way to train up a commander is put them in with a higher skilled crew and use accelerated crew training.  That way they get the extra exp every battle.

Do it in a premium with x5 missions attached to it and you have a 1st skill in next to no time.

View Postundutchable80, on 27 February 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

I don't see how that is any more abusing the system than training a whole Maus crew in a Maus is.

It's even inconvenient if you have a whole crew for a tank in a premium.  For instance you elite an E50 and sell it, put the crew in a Panther 88 (OK, nobody would but humour me), you earn a German crew book but can't use it on that crew without either retraining them to a tank you have with gold or buying the E50 back.

jaxx77 #8 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3647 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 27 February 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

you are looking at this from your own point of view as a player, but you have to look at it from WG's perspective to understand the reasoning behind it. 

And what that perspective is ? it's not like they get money because of it since it gives you less options to use books that sell for credits.

Edited by jaxx77, 27 February 2020 - 04:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users