Are all players equal

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:55 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

When WG change maps and (re)balance tanks, should WG take all players input as equally worthy, or should some players be ignored for some reason.

I think WG should, like Dota 2, SC2, Rainbow6, CS:GO, only take the top players opinion about (re)balance and map design into consideration while ignoring all average and below players opinion. Since this will create a more balanced game.

_Signal_ #2 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47980 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

POPULAR

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 February 2020 - 06:55 AM, said:

When WG change maps and (re)balance tanks, should WG take all players input as equally worthy, or should some players be ignored for some reason.

I think WG should, like Dota 2, SC2, Rainbow6, CS:GO, only take the top players opinion about (re)balance and map design into consideration while ignoring all average and below players opinion. Since this will create a more balanced game.

All players are not equal, all ideas should be. I think the one of the reasons the game has gone a little bit off the rails is that WG have been listening to the wrong people and always have.

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 28 February 2020 - 08:02 AM.

wsatnutter #3 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:10 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27022 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
its a big no from me that would never work

Joggaman #4 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm not. 

splash_time #5 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why this thread is even created? Only good players? 

Some people are not good at performing in game but they have good ideas overall. What about those? 

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25246 battles

What a load of rubbish.

I want to drive my E100 in reverse towards enemies and shoot full HE, and still win every game. I only lose games, because everyone is a gold noob.

kaneloon #7 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32303 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

WG solved that dilemma : they listen to noone ;)

More seriously the best players would ask what favors them, and the game would be just worse for the other players.

Richthoffen #8 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32145 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
all players are equal for wg, their input is not used in balancing anything as wg completely relies on their own numbers and statistics.

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 28 February 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

Why this thread is even created? Only good players? 

Some people are not good at performing in game but they have good ideas overall. What about those? 

What is a 'good' idea?

Bratoev #10 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10322 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 February 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

What is a 'good' idea?

The one that makes WG money.

Cobra6 #11 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 February 2020 - 06:55 AM, said:

No, while you can listen to feedback of bad players, their opinion/wishes should not count for much when coming to design and balancing. The problem is that bad players do not understand a lot of game mechanics and/or lack  the mental capacity to use them to their fullest potential.

If you use those opinions/wishes as a guide, you are catering to the lowest denominator and thus will decrease the quality of your product.

The opinion/wishes of those players that grasp, have mastered and can use the game mechanics to near perfection is a better source of info to act on as those players do not need artificial crutches to help their performance. They use tanks to their maximum potential for instance so their are a very good benchmark to tell if a tank is balanced properly or not.

Over the last 5 years WG has been catering mostly to the worst players and it has significantly hurt the game, it's balancing and the game mechanics overall where the whole product is dumbed down to a very large degree.

Cobra 6

Spurtung #12 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78647 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostTankkiPoju, on 28 February 2020 - 07:35 AM, said:

What a load of rubbish.

I want to drive my E100 in reverse towards enemies and shoot full HE, and still win every game. I only lose games, because everyone is a gold noob.

...and your team! Don't forget you're unlucky and always get the worst team and that's why you lose.

ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postkaneloon, on 28 February 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

More seriously the best players would ask what favors them, and the game would be just worse for the other players.

Why?

Good players don't agree on everything. The only thing which they kind of agree upon is that no tank should be overpowered, and maps should allow for more diverse play.

Captain_Kremen0 #14 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 39778 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

How do you define good?

Answer that and then you can proceed.

splash_time #15 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 February 2020 - 10:44 AM, said:

What is a 'good' idea?

Balancing tanks. 

You said WG should ask only good players opinions, while some other "average and below average" players have good opinions and ideas about balancing. Yeah, not all are good, that's true. 

But not all are bad if you understand my point.

View PostBratoev, on 28 February 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

The one that makes WG money.

Who said that? Do you see that i wrote that anywhere? Can you show me? 

Jauhesammutin #16 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postkaneloon, on 28 February 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

What favors the good players which average players couldn't use/learn?

tajj7 #17 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I think people should be able to show a good understanding of the game and how it works, that does not suddenly mean super unicum or only good players, but experience, competency, knowledge of the game mechanics etc. should be important when assessing the value of the feedback. However what we often see on the forums are comments and opinions on balance and mechanics which are often based on a lack of understanding or clear learn to play issues.

I think the later problem, learnt to play issues, and WG listening to players who have complained on the forums when really it really its is their own play that causes their issues, has led to poor balance/gameplay decisions and a general dumbing down of the game.

Particularly I think we have witnessed this in map design, armour design and the general nerf/push to irrelevance of light tanks/paper medium tanks.

We have maps designed for the lowest common denominator that give players no options and forgive poor play or lack of knowledge. In a heavy? Well here is a corridor where you can't get flanked or get into cross fire and can just push forward and brawl enemy heavies with no need to worry about the other pesky classes (bar arty) interfering in your game. In a TD? well here is an OP base camping spot you don't have to contest, that is hard to flank, that has concealment, hard cover, elevation and overlooks open ground so you have to do nothing to get an advantage on people attacking you.  It just map design that is too forgiving and restricting, that just tries to pander to bad players who can't find support positions in their TDs, who don;t know bush mechanics, who can't angle and position well in their heavies, who drive in to cross fires and die, so the game tries to take all those things away and make it easier.

Same with armour design, people drive around sideways in the open, don't know how to angle their heavies, don't hide weakspots, don't trade well, get shot in the side etc. and then complain on the forums that their heavy tanks are weak, so WG overbuffs them with too much armour and no weakspots, and then makes maps that mean they can't get flanked.

And pesky light tanks, which need skill to use well, aren't allowed to do damage from range, flanking people, using their camo and view range advantage. We've seen the players go on the forums and complain light tanks are OP because they got outplayed by a light in their heavy or TD, the general nerfing of lights and the illogical attributes WG have given them I can only presume is a result of that sort of feedback.

Game needs its steep learning curve back, poor play and bad play needs to be punished, maps need to give players options and room to move, if players can't handle that then they die until they learn to be better, there are so many awful players these days that have been bred on dumbed down game mechanics like idiot proof heavies and OP TD spots, that when these players are outside of these crutches they fail massively because the game has taught them nothing and you get poor gameplay.

The game was successful with a steep learning curve, where poor play was punished and the game mechanics had depth, it needs to go back to that, and to do that needs to stop listening to the poor players who are essentially asking for the game to compensate for their lack of learning and ability.

SlyMeerkat #18 Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19520 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 28 February 2020 - 07:00 AM, said:

All players are not equal, all ideas should be. I think the one of the reasons the game has gone a little bit off the rails is that WG have been listening to the wrong people and always have.

^^ This

Jauhesammutin #19 Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postsplash_time, on 28 February 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Balancing tanks. 

You said WG should ask only good players opinions, while some other "average and below average" players have good opinions and ideas about balancing. Yeah, not all are good, that's true. 

But not all are bad if you understand my point.

I don't think they should ask opinions from the good players but look at the statistics. Opinions are flawed in every skill group. 

krismorgan #20 Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38327 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
They only listen to russkis anyway so whats the point?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users