Tier 10 Struggles Randoms Advice

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SlyMeerkat #1 Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19447 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Im slowly but surely trying to break my comfort zone and get into Tier 10 battles more often but it's proving to be a very difficult and tough feat..... Im getting annoyed with the amount of constant full T10 MM i get which feels like a sudden drop into the deep end, as if im a new player back at Tier 1 or something and very rarely see any Tier 8 or 9 games but if i play Tier 8 or 9, i see T10 more often than not and it's frustrating because i just don't know what to do.

It's not like im a rubbish player either, im reasonably decent (blue player according to WoTLabs which is the main site i use measurement) and absolutely adore Tier 9, so it's darn close to T10 but when i play it, brain shuts off..... I'm in a competitive clan and do well in the battles with them at that tier which is great fun but Randoms, i just struggle and lose patience a lot more quicker than what i do in other Tiers and don't know what or why that is?

Is anyone here willing to share some advice or encouragement to help me get through, maybe some strategies or ideas on mindset to make me feel more relaxed and calm because i think that's what it might be, plus i get a little stat anxious because i know i'm rubbish at that Tier but same time i want to improve it and so there is only one way to do that and its by playing, maybe i'm thinking to much into it or trying too hard to do the impossible?, god knows but what i do know is i want to learn and improve.

I am fully aware that most games i have played at that level i am about 50-75% maybe more being my fault for bad plays, i do my best to look at myself to blame and not others but that's not enough because i don't feel myself getting anything from doing it, such as what i could of done better because brain just dies on me.

Thanks in advance for any help given and this is the first step into getting better and improving at the game which is something i take into account greatly, just need that little encouragement to help me get past the hard points and break through my current threshold :)

klostrobuster #2 Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31680 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
My experience with t10  is almost all are loading gold and just spamming it, doesn't matter if they are shooting at leopard or is7, just load the gold even in Arty, that's why I hate t10 batlles

SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19447 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View Postklostrobuster, on 28 February 2020 - 06:49 PM, said:

My experience with t10 is almost all are loading gold and just spamming it, doesn't matter if they are shooting at leopard or is7, just load the gold even in Arty, that's why I hate t10 batlles

This is one of my struggles with it too along with no grinding..... I enjoy grinding tanks and because there is none of that at T10, it just feels meh, like no incentive to continue playing at that level but i want to, just need something to keep me interested but god knows what that something is :/

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 29 February 2020 - 02:10 PM.

Gruff_ #4 Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24725 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 29 February 2020 - 01:09 PM, said:

This is one of my struggles with it too along with no grinding..... I enjoy grinding tanks and because there is none of that at T10, it just feels meh, like no incentive to continue playing at that level but i want to, just need something to keep me interested but god knows what that something is :/

"Grind" your average damage, average base xp or winrate figures?  Not the same as unlockign module but may trick that part of your brain.

I recently got some tier 10's just for cw / advances and though I've only had a handful of games they were far from the the endgame joy I was hoping for, with a hefty credit cost to boot.  I did however like playing grand battles again.

_cro_magnon #5 Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35016 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I wouldn't stress about it much, tier 10 is a shitshow for quite some time Sly.

SlyMeerkat #6 Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19447 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostGruff_, on 29 February 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

"Grind" your average damage, average base xp or winrate figures?  Not the same as unlockign module but may trick that part of your brain.

Sounds like a good idea, i shall have to try that or another thought a friend said is to aim for 100 battles per tier 10 tank, both are great though, thx :)

View Post_cro_magnon, on 03 March 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

I wouldn't stress about it much, tier 10 is a shitshow for quite some time Sly.

True that but at same time i at least want to get decent so that i dont look like a complete bot XD

_cro_magnon #7 Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35016 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 22 March 2020 - 07:59 PM, said:

True that but at same time i at least want to get decent so that i dont look like a complete bot XD

Alright. Well luckily for you, kolni actually made an article on the subject on wotlabs that's worth a read.

SlyMeerkat #8 Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:36 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19447 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View Post_cro_magnon, on 22 March 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Alright. Well luckily for you, kolni actually made an article on the subject on wotlabs that's worth a read.

Thanks for the heads up, i shall certainly check that out soon! :)

jack_timber #9 Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43565 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Sly arty at tier 10 can be rather good especially GBs, give it go.

SlyMeerkat #10 Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:01 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19447 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View Postjack_timber, on 23 March 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

Sly arty at tier 10 can be rather good especially GBs, give it go.

Although i have CGC (Clan Purposes) and the US Tier 10 researched but not purchased, I would rather not play Arty as a way to learn at that level as sitting at the back gives you little to nothing in ways of improving ;)

Also tagged with Tier, 10, Struggles, Randoms, Advice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users