Sudden Death

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36048 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I've got a suggestion all those "no cap kill all" shouters might like... ;)

How about, when a base is captured, the match continues until all tanks die, BUT now they're all one-shots(1hp)? Hence, "Sudden Death".

If both teams are capping, once one team captures a base, the opportunity for the other team to capture the other base is gone 5 seconds after the first base is capped, and that first team wins, just like it is right now.

BUT, the match continues! Additional repair costs will be ignored, shell cost will be ignored, but you have the opportunity to hunt down the remaining tanks and get bonus XP for killing them!

Note: if one team caps the other team's base, their victory cannot be taken away even if the other team kills them all after Sudden Death starts. The other team still loses.

Note 2: If both bases are capped at the same time, the outcome is a draw, no matter what happens after Sudden Death.

Would this encourage more base captures? Technically, the match is over, but not quite, as there's still tanks to kill.

Oh right -

Note 3: HE shells are the preferred ammo type to be used during Sudden Death, unless the tank you're shooting at can absorb them with their armor(such as a Maus) so you'd have to aim for the weaker part of their armor.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36329 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

So if I've been playing carefully and conserved my hitpoints until the end of the match I suddenly get reduced to 1hp because....?

Not seeing the attractiveness of this idea. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76437 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Was suggested a while back as a counter to fast caps. The game continues after the cap.

Again I doubt it will work as indented. Once one team has lost. Why keep playing? Why stay to fight in an "insta-gib" match, when you know you will still get over half the XP vs the rest as you already lost to drag the time out more? On a Draw? Sure, the winner takes all. But in a 2 vs 15 game, I don't think the last few will be as motivated. Or even when you get a dual lemming fail and a cap when it's still 13 vs 14. You still lost, and there are still 13 more targets to kill for that amazing extra 100 XP vs the enemy that might get 500 extra out of it.

Give the losing team a reason to fight, vs just to be a farming sim for the already winning team.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 February 2020 - 02:24 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36329 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Apart from which it will instantly turn into a campfest as everyone still in the game is now an HE one shot so they'll all just dive for the nearest bush and refuse to move. Less sudden death, more painfully drawn out let's see who gets bored first and yolos. 

BQBD #5 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18342 battles

Well, its not a bad idea, although if the HP is reduced to 1...what would be the point? 

The only reason why a lot of people complain about base capping is for missions and/or MOE...and both of those goals would not be achieved if the 1HP rule is applied.

Also, there would be the question of, and our platoon had this situation yesterday, that 3 heavy tanks stayed alive and capped out, only ELC 90 was alive on the enemy team. I have no idea why he didn't eve try to decap, but imagine how painful it would be for heavy tanks to chase around ELC or any other fast tank around a map, to finish the game. This particular game I mentioned happened on Kharkov map.

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Not a fan of being on 1hp all of a sudden.

It would punish people who had preserved their health in the battle.

Not only that, but it would probably make everyone camp as well.

I still want to be able to still kill enemies after a cap though. But the team that capped still winning, no matter what happens afterwards.

GodTank2 #7 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10124 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
So if i have a slow tank and i cap against an EBR i have to sit there and play the game till the end even though i already won? for what reason?

24doom24 #8 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9202 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostStronkiTonki, on 28 February 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Not a fan of being on 1hp all of a sudden.

It would punish people who had preserved their health in the battle.

Not only that, but it would probably make everyone camp as well.

I still want to be able to still kill enemies after a cap though. But the team that capped still winning, no matter what happens afterwards.

Well that's their fault for failing to decap. Also a possible solution is making everyone permanently spotted to each other after cap. The game is over after the cap any way. 

20:45 Added after 3 minute

View PostGodTank2, on 28 February 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

So if i have a slow tank and i cap against an EBR i have to sit there and play the game till the end even though i already won? for what reason?

Maybe the win is declared once the timer runs out? This mechanic is like a last stand kind of thing. If that EBR sits in the corner until the game ends then it's a loss for them. 

GodTank2 #9 Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10124 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

View Post24doom24, on 28 February 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

Maybe the win is declared once the timer runs out? This mechanic is like a last stand kind of thing. If that EBR sits in the corner until the game ends then it's a loss for them. 

Its also a loss for everyone in the winning team since they waste 15 minutes for no reason when they had won that game minutes ago. There is just no point in this suggestion, like keep the game going so people can farm kills?

1ucky #10 Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91768 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Sorry but the idea doesn't make much sense...

If you really want to kill all instead of base capture, what you want to do is remove bases altogether.

Look, it could work, and in a much simpler way, too:

Simply include it as an additional (random) game mode.

Same as normal randoms, only there are no bases anywhere.

Call it "No Cap Kill All" or "Destruction" or whatever, and include it in the game in the same way that "Assault" and "Encounter" modes are in: Make it a checkbox/option in the Settings window. Could be on by default as well, like the other two.

It would be much easier to both understand and implement the mode that way, without a million extra rules that make no sense and nobody ever looks up or understands anyway.

StronkiTonki #11 Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35276 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Post24doom24, on 28 February 2020 - 08:41 PM, said:

Well that's their fault for failing to decap. Also a possible solution is making everyone permanently spotted to each other after cap. The game is over after the cap any way. 

Including the people who managed to sucessfully cap who still have plenty of health? :amazed:

Pansenmann #12 Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
you could make an instagib mode for 1st of april

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users