Meta of the Marathons

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Aleo #1 Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:40 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33893 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Meta of the Marathon, why do all that stressful and hard work in winning?! Why not just relax a bit.

Just sit back and farm, you only need to be better than 5 other on you OWN team... So get out there, find a nice bush and make it yours for the battle. Farm, farm and farm some more, then ping the map and tell the others where they need to scout so that you can farm some more. 

ThorgrimBrenadim #2 Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36941 battles

Not played in 3 days because sick and tired of marathon after marathon etc. Been so relaxed got other stuff sorted so in my case this whole mission marathon has been a big fail for wargamming. Instead of getting me to play more I have not played at all.

I do not think this company have the intelligence to see how much of an utter fail these marathons are for some players. If it had required me to be on for between 3-4 hours a day over a month period but in that month i could miss 5-7 days I would have done the marathon as I could have a break. Ten days solid no break and depending on the gameplay/teams anything from 6-7 hours a day upto an impossible 9-10 hours a day no way. I will not buy it at a discount and I will not buy at the over inflated lunatic price wargamming want for a pile of pixels.

Private_Miros #3 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27111 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

If you want a free tank in a marathon designed to create profits for WG (from people buying the tank at a discount) then you only have yourself to blame for the pain. It's something created to give you the impression to be achievable, but to result in as little people as possible achieving it.

For the rest, top 10 in a game where everyone continually complains about the multitude of bad players on their teams, shouldn't be too bad to pull off consistently while playing relaxed.

mjs_89 #4 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10204 battles
  • [95137] 95137

Meta of the Marathon? What? I did the exact same thing as on previous marathons. I played normally and ignored the marathon, never going to get the tank for free anyways, so why try in the first place? Completed stage 5 today and bought the tank today with 50% discount, now let's wait for FL and see how good it is.

Hopefully better than all the chinese HTs I've been grinding.

Strappster #5 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View PostAleo, on 28 February 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Meta of the Marathon, why do all that stressful and hard work in winning?! Why not just relax a bit.

Just sit back and farm, you only need to be better than 5 other on you OWN team... So get out there, find a nice bush and make it yours for the battle. Farm, farm and farm some more, then ping the map and tell the others where they need to scout so that you can farm some more. 

Winning gives me more xp. Spotting for myself also gives more xp, with a bonus from spotting for others. Your advice appears geared toward spending as long as possible grinding the marathon, which is an unusual approach. Still, I'm sure you're looking forward to the next couple of days, it's always so calm and relaxing to play during the weekend at the end of a marathon.

AeyT #6 Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7680 battles

The meta of the marathon is to play as much as you can to get the tank for free.

Im kinda burned out of the game atm so unfortunately i didnt get the tank.

Spurtung #7 Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78599 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostAleo, on 28 February 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

QB's minions are delightful.

Aleo #8 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:51 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33893 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostSpurtung, on 28 February 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

QB's minions are delightful.

Hahaha.. you are so provoking and original. I bet they have made you a statue in your home village. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36016 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

You gotta YOLO it all day. Do 1000 damage and toss yourself into the enemy's jaws, back to garage...rinse&repeat.

Can't be bothered to try and rely on your teammates to play as a team, so it's best to just not give a single flying......and focus on being in the top 10. Preferably with tier 8 prems so you don't lose credits.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well, you only need to do better than 5 on your team. But I suspect most still want more than 300 XP pr game on a loss as you sat back and farmed vs reacting. Gonna be a long grind then.

Spurtung #11 Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78599 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostAleo, on 29 February 2020 - 12:51 AM, said:

Hahaha.. you are so provoking and original. I bet they have made you a statue in your home village. 

Your sarcasm game is weak.

Hechaton #12 Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55493 battles
Why not lean back, having biscuits and tea instead of playing silly games?

AngelofAwe #13 Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 43051 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Oh... I'm nearly at stage X and I haven't even realized you need to finish in top 10. 

JCD3nton #14 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30579 battles
Because nobody has motivation to play this unbalanced game if there is not a goal anymore.

SastusBulbas #15 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36518 battles

Stage 7 for me and my lad, we had planned to and would have been on stage 8 or 9 by today but recent chats had me realize just how bad my gameplay and the special has been, not too good in the Skorpion for example but me and my lad have it and it seemed to fun way to platoon and grind the XP and credits.

Took a 2 day break, just started grinding the Itallian Tech tree with my boosters and not think about the Baguette challenge, but will have to start grinding again to get my lad and I a meaningful discount.

ThorgrimBrenadim #16 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36941 battles

It is beyond belief a company can be so utterly incompetent so utterly clueless about how to generate loyalty, fun etc in a game. Wargamming are one of the biggest disgraces of the gaming industry mission marathons are a cesspit on this game.

Honestly game play takes a nose dive to that very cesspit just stop wargamming. Maybe employ someone who actually knows what that grey matter between their ears is for because this what you are doing is not making the game look good it is making it look worse than a 5 minute indie game from a primary school kid they wrote while eating their lunch.

Strappster #17 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles

View PostAngelofAwe, on 29 February 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

Oh... I'm nearly at stage X and I haven't even realized you need to finish in top 10. 

I suspect the only time you wouldn't is if you clicked the Battle button and immediately forgot. :amazed:

frange #18 Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32495 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

Jeez... Logged in today in a good mood with lots of cash in the bank account (payday 25th) and actually in the mood of buying a new premium tonk. So first we have the HWK 30 on sale for about €25 - looks interesting cause I have som LT missions to do. And the Borrasque also on 50% so about €30 - and I was willing to pay for it, looked really fun playing when the Youtubers tried it - and I really like the Even 90 so the playstyle seems pretty okay to me. Just not sure of which one of the two tonks to choose.

Buuuuuuuut then started playing. And nothing but 3-15 slaughter losses in less than 3 min. About 20% wr today while playing a lot of different tanks. But roflstop after roflstomp and me almost breaking the keyboard in anger after an hour. 

Guess what? No fkn premium tank is gonna be bought here. Im keeping my money and WG can go f*** themselves. Isnt a good idea to keep customers happy and having them throw money at you - instead of making them hate you and walk away screaming and not paying you a dime?

Guess I'll spend those juicy €25-30 on hard alcohol instead.

Edited by frange, 29 February 2020 - 05:39 PM.

ThorgrimBrenadim #19 Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36941 battles

View Postfrange, on 29 February 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Jeez... Logged in today in a good mood with lots of cash in the bank account (payday 25th) and actually in the mood of buying a new premium tonk. So first we have the HWK 30 on sale for about €25 - looks interesting cause I have som LT missions to do. And the Borrasque also on 50% so about €30 - and I was willing to pay for it, looked really fun playing when the Youtubers tried it - and I really like the Even 90 so the playstyle seems pretty okay to me. Just not sure of which one of the two tonks to choose.

Buuuuuuuut then started playing. And nothing but 3-15 slaughter losses in less than 3 min. About 20% wr today while playing a lot of different tanks. But roflstop after roflstomp and me almost breaking the keyboard in anger after an hour. 

Guess what? No fkn premium tank is gonna be bought here. Im keeping my money and WG can go f*** themselves. Isnt a good idea to keep customers happy and having them throw money at you - instead of making them hate you and walk away screaming and not paying you a dime?

Guess I'll spend those juicy €25-30 on hard alcohol instead.

Square Enix have a steam sale and some pretty cheap games on there so I will spend some money and buy 3-5 of their games and probably not spend much more than 10 in total. Wargamming need to start living in the real world not fantasy lala land pixel tanks are not worth even 30% of what they ask and bundling them with other stuff some of which yes may be uselful but some is just bloat gear to help inflate the price.

Now to show the other side recently they did a few two tank combos and a years premium and I could use a discount code so would have paid just over £50 ( would have got my Alpine Tiger :) ). BUT ! the way wargamming conduct themselves and treat the customers and the fact it was on a time limit = NO SALE ! so loose loose for wargamming.

Start offering more choices like this how a create your own package that as you add to it the dsicount percentage goes up. How about allowing players to lock a deal even with a discount code for a few weeks maybe even upto four weeks ( this would lock the discount code so it can not be used elsewhere  and if you in the end do not buy then maybe you only have one more go for that 12 month period but if you buy you get your option to reserve back ) If as a company you want us to spend money with you STOP ! dictating how and when jsut give us tempting deals give us time to pay ie might be a bad month for a player bug house bills/repairs or car etc.

We as palyers have this thing it may be starnge to you at wargamming but we call it "REAL LIFE" and as the saying goes sh*t happens and games/spending money on games at those times goes right to the bottom of the barrel and out through a crack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users