• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

geoff99 #1 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44963 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi all,

I'm interested in buying the Bourrasque but would like some help deciding if its worth my hard-earned bank notes.

For context, I most enjoy playing lights and light meds. If I buy it, I have a 3+ perk girl crew from batchat25t and would probably play with food (unless fires are a big problem).

1. Is Bourrasque good?

Any early views on how the tank plays and whether it has lasting appeal beyond its novelty?

Aiming time and accuracy are obvious concerns. Is this manageable or not? And does it rule out sniping at range (esp with limited 190 pen)?

Is limited turning circle annoying? One of the streamers said you can turn tighter by taking finger off W key (as with WVs). Is this correct?

2. Is it fun to play?

720 dmg in 2 seconds and then running away sounds great. Is it?

3. Buy now or later?

I'm only going to get 50% discount from Marathon. Which I think will be approx 30 GBP. Any ideas on how much it'll cost in the future, based on past marathons?

I don't value the zero-skilled crew (have existing crew) or any other parts of the bundle (have lots of boosters) so I'm only interested in comparing the full cash cost.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

SastusBulbas #2 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36561 battles
Personally I think it's going to be difficult for me to play, so looking at a 70/80/90% discount before contemplating, so far in game most Baguette tanks I have encountered have not been doing that great, a few exceptions but with what looked like experienced players.

saurilian #3 Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16142 battles
It's amazing tank, 300% worth it if you love french medium and light autoloading tanks. It's a carry machine, I almost got my first Kolobanov in it (I'd get it if one guy wouldn't be stuck beetwen rocks and just died). It's difficult to make work tho, same as BC's and AMX's. The turning speed is quite hard to get used to but I love it, I burned my [edited] trying to get it, but It was absolutely worth it. 

Edited by saurilian, 29 February 2020 - 01:52 PM.

Sixter2000 #4 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2350 battles
I think it´s an overprized bundle. I already achieved a 40% discount and might very well get to 50%, but that pretty much only means it´s at a normal tier-8 light or medium price. I´m unhappy with WG´s customer service at the moment so I have decided to not give them any more of my money for awhile, but I would otherwise only have bought it at 70% discount.

SharpBlue #5 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68734 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

For me it's gone right in as one of my top favorite tanks.

The 360 alpha means even a single shot is worth it and a full clip can kill off a lot at the end of the game.  It's fast enough, tiny and has great cammo.  Can work as a med or a light.

It does loose its engine a LOT, so train preventative maintenance.

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 85077 battles
Your concerns are all valid and true but it's good fun nonetheless, so it's alright. :)

SastusBulbas #7 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 36561 battles
I was under the impression both (Edit, clutch and offroad) driving skills are worthwhile due to its turning like a fully loaded baguette?

Edited by SastusBulbas, 29 February 2020 - 02:37 PM.

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 85077 battles

View PostSastusBulbas, on 29 February 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

I was under the impression both (Edit, clutch and offroad) driving skills are worthwhile due to its turning like a fully loaded baguette?

Yes. I think BiA, Smooth and Camo come before though so we're talking 4-5th picks. And offroad before clutch since that boost all movement including traverse. I bet a whole lot would put repairs before as well (even over camo but you might as well go garage if you have messed up to that point).  

Hechaton #9 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55564 battles

Can't exactly say it's good, but it's decent

It has a high burst but most of the time you'll not be able to utilize it.  Either because of terrible aimtime, accuracy or rng.

The speed is very good, but the agility is terrible. It has a turning radius like a school bus.

Actually -yes it is for some reason.

Is it more fun to play than a light tank? -I'm not so sure.

If you are at 50% I would say yes. Besides, you don't know when it will turn up for sale the next time.

Have fun :D

gitgud_cannot #10 Posted 29 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

Well i bought it with 90% discount, so i had no concerns about value.

Gun accuracy and aim time is not an issue, similar as obj 703 v2 it has very good dispersion values.

only concern i had before playing it - fire issues, i dont have full firefighting crew, but i did retrain my bc25t driver to get preventive maintenance, as it appeared that most of the fires started out from engine, not the fuel tanks on all of the tank reviews. Base engine fire chance is high indeed - 20%, preventive maintenance gets it down to 15%, which is already a lot better.

Anyway, as its a very small tank, when it gets hit all kinds of modules get damaged, so large repair kit is a must on it.

Not the easiest tank to play, by the looks of it, but i like it from first battles that i played with it.

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 29 February 2020 - 02:59 PM.

Ice7_4 #11 Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19283 battles

I would bet one gets it later same price as 50-60% "discount" now. Its normal that price puts high first and then give "big" discounts.

Tank itself kinda looks nice, but i am not gonna get it. At least now. I don't like marathons normal players cant accomplish(=every). Anyways paid more than enough for this game allready and have more tanks and premiums i ever use.

That said, if money burns holes in pocket, go for it :)

gitgud_cannot #12 Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles
One thing is still funny, played 2 battles today, both battles got yoloed by below average players, got to kill the p2w tank lulz.

tajj7 #13 Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's fun and has a lot of potential, but has plenty of drawbacks, you need to know what you are doing with lights and autoloaders, it's main strength is close range hit and run attacks, get the two shots off against someone not looking or reloading and then get out.

At medium to longer ranges you really need to be shooting paper stuff as the pen, even premium is lacklustre, combined with the accuracy/aim time you just won't reliably damage armoured stuff. At those sort of ranges you are more a passive scout, as the size, camo and mobility is pretty much light tank levels. (aside the traverse which is horrible).

Personally I wanted the tank, so wasn't massively bothered about the cost, not had much time this last week or so to get a higher discount, so bought yesterday at 50% off. 

I think if you like light tanks/autloaders, and don't want to play the Progetto all the time (which is clearly better) then paying about the regular price of tier 8 med/light tank its probably worth it. 

_Signal_ #14 Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47980 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postsaurilian, on 29 February 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

It's amazing tank, 300% worth it if you love french medium and light autoloading tanks. It's a carry machine, I almost got my first Kolobanov in it (I'd get it if one guy wouldn't be stuck beetwen rocks and just died). It's difficult to make work tho, same as BC's and AMX's. The turning speed is quite hard to get used to but I love it, I burned my [edited] trying to get it, but It was absolutely worth it. 

Say's the guy with a 43% WR in it..... Seriously this is what annoys me about the forums, people like this are allowed to come on here and spout total BS which may persuade other people to buy a tank and nobody does anything yet you call someone an idiot and bang... warning point or ban.

If you like playing french tier 7 lights but paying for a tier 8 medium then this is the tank for you, if you like playing tier 8 meds it isn't. It's a fun tank but it has a seriously high skill level. Pretty much what Tajj says as well.

Edited by Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, 29 February 2020 - 07:39 PM.

saurilian #15 Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16142 battles

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 29 February 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

Says* the guy with a 43% WR in it..... Seriously this is what annoys me about the forums, people like this are allowed to come on here and spout total BS which may persuade other people to buy a tank and nobody does anything yet you call someone an idiot and bang... warning point or ban.

If you like playing french tier 7 lights but paying for a tier 8 medium then this is the tank for you, if you like playing tier 8 meds it isn't. It's a fun tank but it has a seriously high skill level.

Mate, calm down your tits. 43% win rate is because teams are full of bots and I'm not the only one experiencing that. It's a great tank and it will be better as soon as all the braindead boomers and kids go work and school

Edited by saurilian, 29 February 2020 - 07:41 PM.

gitgud_cannot #16 Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 29 February 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Say's the guy with a 43% WR in it..... Seriously this is what annoys me about the forums, people like this are allowed to come on here and spout total BS which may persuade other people to buy a tank and nobody does anything yet you call someone an idiot and bang... warning point or ban.

If you like playing french tier 7 lights but paying for a tier 8 medium then this is the tank for you, if you like playing tier 8 meds it isn't. It's a fun tank but it has a seriously high skill level. Pretty much what Tajj says as well.

its clearly a bad tank, when 2428 dpg with 1,6 spots and 1,8 kills per game nets you superb 2800 wn8 lol, very bad tier 8 indeed.

Gruff_ #17 Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24728 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNeil_DaGrassSmokingTyson, on 29 February 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Does his wr matter when he's stating how he likes it, and it's early days even it did, is what he says complete bs?

The guy has stated his personal opinion, nothing he has said is wrong yet you jump on him because you disagree.  Not sure if the warning poing you refer to is connected with that poster but it seems you are taking out your frustration about that on someone who has said nothing "wrong" and after all that is what the forum exists for, sharing opinions and having a discusion.

Edited by Gruff_, 29 February 2020 - 08:33 PM.

Spammable_Lecter #18 Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46585 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG
It's the one tank i own where my own gun gets me killed just as much as my own stupidity , but i still love it . I just wish the aim time and dispersion  were a tiny little bit better. I can live with the pen and popping the handbrake every time i want to change direction.

AngelofAwe #19 Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 43051 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postgitgud_cannot, on 29 February 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

its clearly a bad tank, when 2428 dpg with 1,6 spots and 1,8 kills per game nets you superb 2800 wn8 lol, very bad tier 8 indeed.

Didn't they change it years ago so every tank of the same type and tier have the same expected values because they got bored of updating the numbers?

I haven't played the tank but I hear most reviews are that it's meh. 6/10 or so. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 29 February 2020 - 09:23 PM.

Sjiebert #20 Posted 29 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16128 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX
I like it. With the exception of Alpha en dom, the gun is extremely bad, which makers it a hard but rewarding tank to play.

The one thing I don't like about it that wasn't mentioned in a review, is that it loses its engine really, really often.

Also tagged with Hmm, Not sure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users