So I see they removed team damage, but...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Grumpy_1 #1 Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11449 battles

I have played very little the last year, and coming back now, I see they have removed team damage.

OK, maybe that's a good idea, if you want to reduce griefing from players on your own team.

But I think there's a pretty obvious problem here. Shooting your team mates can easily be tracked and punished. But what is not so easy to track and punish or prevent, is blocking, pushing or ramming.

I was just pushed out of a bush by another tank and when I tried to get back into cover, he just blocked me until the enemy team took out my tank.

After that the other guy could just keep playing like normal, with no consequences whatsoever.

That was the first win of the day with that tank, and I did nothing useful, all because this mouth breathing, window licking **shole, who can just keep doing that as much as he wants.

I remember now why I stopped giving WG any money. Think I will go back to that.

Edited by Grumpy_1, 01 March 2020 - 07:12 PM.

Isharial #2 Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24665 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

if the person intentionally did it (and not accidentally as in they were looking elsewhere and firing, and you backed into them assuming they were not there) then you can send the replay to support via the right channels and they will take action against them.

Support tend to take this very seriously, especially blocking and pushing, and sending the replay is a good idea.

Ofcourse, they take it seriously enough that if you were breaking rules there too, they *will* ban you as well. 

hopefully you didnt go full ham in chat and mouth off alot afterwards, or sending that replay might end up with you being sanctioned more than the supposed blocker :P

Grumpy_1 #3 Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11449 battles

Good point. I might have reported my view on the matter in chat, afterwards, and also possibly tried to push him out of the way. :sceptic:

Easier if I just go back to playing as if I'm not 16 and using my dad's credit card...

mjs_89 #4 Posted 01 March 2020 - 07:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10204 battles
  • [95137] 95137

Next time just ignore your teammate and send the replay to WG afterwards. I got pushed around cover by someone on wednesday, the guy hasn't played since wich is very uncommon for someone playing 30+ battles per day over 30 days. So support does it's job, just don't go full eye-for-an-eye next time and you should be good.

Btw, if I get someone banned I usually welcome them back and ask what they did during their brake from the game once they play again (just to make sure a lesson was learned, ofc).

:trollface:

Grumpy_1 #5 Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11449 battles

View Postmjs_89, on 01 March 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Btw, if I get someone banned I usually welcome them back and ask what they did during their brake from the game once they play again (just to make sure a lesson was learned, ofc).

Sounds satisfying. I will try it next time.

Robbie_T #6 Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21979 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

in 2019 i got pushed out 2 times in a game.

But if you get get pushed out constantly ..than maybe they are the problem.

1ucky #7 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91688 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
As if getting pushed *and* shot in the back at the same time was any better.

BlackBloodBandit #8 Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9794 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 02 March 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

in 2019 i got pushed out 2 times in a game.

But if you get get pushed out constantly ..than maybe they are the problem.

Sure that's easy to say when you haven't seen any replays. I see an extreme amount of pushing/blocking by allies towards me or other teammembers since they disabled team damage. Also by people from the enemy team towards their allies.

Yesterday I played my Object 257 and out of nowhere came our Ferdinand who did no damage at all by then and just yoloed in, but not before pushing me towards enemy fire for no reason. After that he moved on and got shot to pieces without still doing any damage. There are a lot of clueless players or just dumb, who even ram you on an open field, without being under attack and even in mid-high tiers. It's just disgusting. Most of the time when people do it intentionally they do it with a tank that has clearly more weight then yours, so they know you can't do anything about it. Yes you can send in your replay, but your match will still be ruined. Its not only players with few battles played or without much knowledge.

Often enough they are good players and know what they are doing. Couple of days ago I got pushed out when playing my Bat.Chat. 12T by our T92. About when we got to the position it looked like we went for the same bush and he pushed me towards enemy fire, after we both got spotted. I lost a huge amount of hitpoints and wasn't able to play good after that, because I was pissed off already and also because I had no hitpoints left to trade and the map did not offer positions to flank from.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 02 March 2020 - 09:18 AM.

tajj7 #9 Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 March 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

Sure that's easy to say when you haven't seen any replays. I see an extreme amount of pushing/blocking by allies towards me or other teammembers since they disabled team damage. Also by people from the enemy team towards their allies.

I don't and your claims sound like confirmation bias. We had loads of people before team damage went off claiming that we were going to see loads of pushing, but in reality nothing has changed and people see what they want to see, which is not always reflective of reality. 

Team damage going off has massively improved the game IMO, pushing and blocking was always rare, and still is, but games ruined and handicapped by team damage were much more common and most people got away with it. Now games don;t get ruined by angry players trying to dictate to others how they play, it's way way easier to shoot someone to express your anger with them than it is to push or block them, you have to be near them, in the right situation, have the engine power/weight to do it, etc. etc. most people just don't bother, where previously they would have stuck a couple of shots into the person. 

If you have actual examples of blocking send the replay to support, but many people seem to be reluctant to do that and as others have said you have to start wondering why and how innocent a party they were in these incidents they claim happen all the time.

BlackBloodBandit #10 Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9794 battles

View Posttajj7, on 02 March 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

I don't and your claims sound like confirmation bias. We had loads of people before team damage went off claiming that we were going to see loads of pushing, but in reality nothing has changed and people see what they want to see, which is not always reflective of reality. 

Team damage going off has massively improved the game IMO, pushing and blocking was always rare, and still is, but games ruined and handicapped by team damage were much more common and most people got away with it. Now games don;t get ruined by angry players trying to dictate to others how they play, it's way way easier to shoot someone to express your anger with them than it is to push or block them, you have to be near them, in the right situation, have the engine power/weight to do it, etc. etc. most people just don't bother, where previously they would have stuck a couple of shots into the person. 

If you have actual examples of blocking send the replay to support, but many people seem to be reluctant to do that and as others have said you have to start wondering why and how innocent a party they were in these incidents they claim happen all the time.

In most cases you are already near them, so it's not hard to push you. You don't need to have that much more hp/t to be able to push someone forwards, as engines have more power to move your tank forward then backwards. That makes it easy to do these things.

Not relevant how it "sounds" to you, as it's my gaming experience. What is, that is. It's something you can proof. Funny how a lot of people claim those cases are "rare", while those who deal with it, have a way different experience. Of course I reflect my own gameplay, as I don't want it to happen and if I can avoid it, I will. I'm here to have fun, not to get my battles ruined by selfish and bad players.

Robbie_T #11 Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21979 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 March 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

Yesterday I played my Object 257 and out of nowhere came our Ferdinand who did no damage at all by then and just yoloed in, but not before pushing me towards enemy fire for no reason. After that he moved on and got shot to pieces without still doing any damage. There are a lot of clueless players or just dumb, who even ram you on an open field, without being under attack and even in mid-high tiers. It's just disgusting. Most of the time when people do it intentionally they do it with a tank that has clearly more weight then yours, so they know you can't do anything about it. Yes you can send in your replay, but your match will still be ruined. Its not only players with few battles played or without much knowledge.

Often enough they are good players and know what they are doing. Couple of days ago I got pushed out when playing my Bat.Chat. 12T by our T92. About when we got to the position it looked like we went for the same bush and he pushed me towards enemy fire, after we both got spotted. I lost a huge amount of hitpoints and wasn't able to play good after that, because I was pissed off already and also because I had no hitpoints left to trade and the map did not offer positions to flank from.

hmm a Ferdinand pushed out your obj 257.... You and the Ferdinand should not be at the same place.

where you sniping in your obj 257 from the redline???? because Ferdinands dont advance on tier 9 to brawler places.

So yeah than he probberly right too push you out.

Batchat 12t off course the t92  gonna push you out he the higher tier LT by 2 lvls  and probberly got a better camo and viewrange.

and you get spotted sooner and the bush get bombed. thats why he pushed you out.

SaintMaddenus #12 Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"So yeah than he probberly right too push you out."

No, he isn't, he had to learn to adjust his game play for someone else being "out of position".

NO ONE has the right to push people into fire, even if they don't like the way that person is playing their tank, even those bush camping top tier heavies hiding behind arty that wind me up so much I end up discussing them in other threads....

BlackBloodBandit #13 Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9794 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 02 March 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

hmm a Ferdinand pushed out your obj 257.... You and the Ferdinand should not be at the same place.

where you sniping in your obj 257 from the redline???? because Ferdinands dont advance on tier 9 to brawler places.

So yeah than he probberly right too push you out.

Batchat 12t off course the t92  gonna push you out he the higher tier LT by 2 lvls  and probberly got a better camo and viewrange.

and you get spotted sooner and the bush get bombed. thats why he pushed you out.

Nice joke. You suggest a lot of nonsense, like most of the people on the forums. Makes sense to defend people that break the rules in any way. Besides that, I was in the city the entire game, on a position a heavy should be. He had no business being around my position at all.

"where you sniping in your obj 257 from the redline????" I doubt I would have 57% winrate in this tank and 2 marks of excellence if I would camp redline in my Object 257, wouldn't I? Checking your stats on the tank it looks more like you have been redline camping.. That would explain a 43% winrate and 1300 average damage per game with it.

You seem to have trouble reading as well, as the Bat.Chat 12T is a tier 8 light tank and not the tier 6 you are reffering to. Besides that, if I even check the stats of the AMX 12T and T92, they have almost equal view range and camo if I only put camo on a 100% crew. Might as well get your facts straight before talking about things you have no clue about.

Looking at your stats, you might have been the Ferdinand player.. The T92 player is one with about equal winrate as mine, so he clearly knew what he was doing.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 02 March 2020 - 02:13 PM.

Enherjaren #14 Posted 02 March 2020 - 02:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 74045 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postmjs_89, on 01 March 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Next time just ignore your teammate and send the replay to WG afterwards. I got pushed around cover by someone on wednesday, the guy hasn't played since wich is very uncommon for someone playing 30+ battles per day over 30 days. So support does it's job, just don't go full eye-for-an-eye next time and you should be good.

Every time I get away from a ban I laugh and laugh and laugh and then I pm the guy that sent in the replay every day. Still not banned. Still not banned. And we laugh and laugh. So much fun! :teethhappy:
Keep on pushing scrubs in 2020 for the WN8 people! 
/toxic4life

Edited by Enherjaren, 02 March 2020 - 02:15 PM.

tajj7 #15 Posted 02 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 March 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

In most cases you are already near them, so it's not hard to push you. You don't need to have that much more hp/t to be able to push someone forwards, as engines have more power to move your tank forward then backwards. That makes it easy to do these things.

Not relevant how it "sounds" to you, as it's my gaming experience. What is, that is. It's something you can proof. Funny how a lot of people claim those cases are "rare", while those who deal with it, have a way different experience. Of course I reflect my own gameplay, as I don't want it to happen and if I can avoid it, I will. I'm here to have fun, not to get my battles ruined by selfish and bad players.

It's your gaming experience, but its also massive loads of confirmation bias, a.k.a. not reality, which is shown by most people don't see it or experience it, if it was as common as people like you claim it to be, we'd see way more than the odd forum post about it.

It just isn't happening anywhere near the levels you claim. It was and is scaremongering by those who abused team damage IMO. 

BlackBloodBandit #16 Posted 02 March 2020 - 03:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9794 battles

View Posttajj7, on 02 March 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

It's your gaming experience, but its also massive loads of confirmation bias, a.k.a. not reality, which is shown by most people don't see it or experience it, if it was as common as people like you claim it to be, we'd see way more than the odd forum post about it.

It just isn't happening anywhere near the levels you claim. It was and is scaremongering by those who abused team damage IMO. 

So because it is my experience it's not happening to others? Because not everyone it posting a new topic about this, it's not happening? Lots of people tend to keep things for themselves, as they know posting it here, won't make it change. I have reported also people from the other team doing the same, so it's not like it's only happening on my own team. This does not even include the amount of times it is happening on the other side of the map while I am playing a battle. It is not confirmation BIAS as well. You got proof of that? No, of course you don't, like the ones before you. So if people don't see it, it's not happening rofl... Crimes do not exist as long as you don't see them happening? :trollface: You don't need BIAS if you have proof of what's happening and it's just a matter of basic counting skills that you learn at school as a kid. You never went to school or rather keep your eyes closed to what's happening around you?

I claim nothing. I have proof of what I say: my replays that have all been send to WG. Shut up until you have a clue what you talk about.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 02 March 2020 - 03:15 PM.

Robbie_T #17 Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21979 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 March 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

Nice joke. You suggest a lot of nonsense, like most of the people on the forums. Makes sense to defend people that break the rules in any way. Besides that, I was in the city the entire game, on a position a heavy should be. He had no business being around my position at all.

"where you sniping in your obj 257 from the redline????" I doubt I would have 57% winrate in this tank and 2 marks of excellence if I would camp redline in my Object 257, wouldn't I? Checking your stats on the tank it looks more like you have been redline camping.. That would explain a 43% winrate and 1300 average damage per game with it.

You seem to have trouble reading as well, as the Bat.Chat 12T is a tier 8 light tank and not the tier 6 you are reffering to. Besides that, if I even check the stats of the AMX 12T and T92, they have almost equal view range and camo if I only put camo on a 100% crew. Might as well get your facts straight before talking about things you have no clue about.

Looking at your stats, you might have been the Ferdinand player.. The T92 player is one with about equal winrate as mine, so he clearly knew what he was doing.

Welll first tell the whole F story ..instead of adding craphalf way.

And you have the problem you get pushed out that its a problem that you wont pay Wg and have to make a forum post .

and to quote you :I see an extreme amount of pushing/blocking by allies towards me 

I have no such problems..why i roll back when reloading and give up spots to a higher tier for the better of the game

.....well if you where not sniping on the redline i suspect you of not rolling back when reloading to let the person behind you shoot.

Probberly hunting for a 3 mark ...its just you and F the rest. (the rest may over extend to take a shot)

and on the LT i thought it was the tier 6 my bad...but probberly be that the T92 was the earlier and you could not accept it and parked next to him while another spot could use a Lt.

mjs_89 #18 Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10204 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View PostRobbie_T, on 02 March 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

Welll first tell the whole F story ..instead of adding craphalf way.

And you have the problem you get pushed out that its a problem that you wont pay Wg and have to make a forum post .

and to quote you :I see an extreme amount of pushing/blocking by allies towards me 

I have no such problems..why i roll back when reloading and give up spots to a higher tier for the better of the game

.....well if you where not sniping on the redline i suspect you of not rolling back when reloading to let the person behind you shoot.

Probberly hunting for a 3 mark ...its just you and F the rest. (the rest may over extend to take a shot)

and on the LT i thought it was the tier 6 my bad...but probberly be that the T92 was the earlier and you could not accept it and parked next to him while another spot could use a Lt.

Why on earth would a 257 give up a corner in a city brawl to let a Ferdinand take a shot? You're not making any sense at all. Besides, the reason why nobody pushes you is most likely that you're in positions nobody else even thinks about taking.

Also, off-topic, here's a word I'd like you to use from now on: "probably".

_Potato_from_Poland #19 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33100 battles
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD

View Postmjs_89, on 02 March 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

Why on earth would a 257 give up a corner in a city brawl to let a Ferdinand take a shot? You're not making any sense at all. Besides, the reason why nobody pushes you is most likely that you're in positions nobody else even thinks about taking.

Also, off-topic, here's a word I'd like you to use from now on: "probably".

Why do you care so much what some potato says on the forums?

TheJ4ckal #20 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3932 battles

Last week I sent in a ticket with a replay against a guy that pushed me off the ledge on Lost City between the buildings into the base on Encounter.

I just got a reply saying all ingame griefing/team killing is handled by an automatic detection system, and only kicks in after a predermined number of offences (would not say how many though).

I would take this as confirmation that no actual WG employee ever assesses offences and they leave it all to the auto system. They even said not to report these type of offences as they are all handled automatically.

So you are actually wasting your time reporting anything.

Here's the full text if anyone is interested.

We are very sorry something like this happened when you were just trying to have fun. This has also happened to us in battle and we know it’s frustrating and can have a major impact on the outcome of a game.

Team-Damagers are handled by an automatic system that takes into account all attempts to cause damage to allies. This tool acts against team-killers and compensates those players whose vehicle has been damaged by an ally.

Once an account has damaged/stunned/killed a certain number of allied vehicles, which we estimate as beyond a reasonable accident, a restriction is applied to the offending account.

In addition, offenders are forced to pay a portion of the damage caused (in credits) and forfeit some experience to their victim. While we may tolerate occasional team damage, since we understand that accidents can happen during a battle, once an account crosses the line, a sanction is due. The first offense in World of Tanks is a 24-hour suspension, meanwhile recurrent offending accounts will observe escalating punishments.

We always try to maintain a positive environment in our game, so all players can enjoy their gaming experience. With confidence, we can assure you that our automated system accurately tracks these types of situations, so there’s no need to contact our Player Support team to report this specific situation.

We hope that you will continue to have fun in the game and feel welcome in our community. These sorts of issues are the exception to the norm, and we do our best to mitigate them as much as possible.

On the other hand, please also keep in mind that not retaliating to this kind of in-game behaviour is the best approach if you want to avoid potential sanctions by the automatic system.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Have fun and good luck on the battlefield!

Best regards,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users