T30 Gun + Equipment Choice

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: T30 Gun Choice (57 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

The Gun I Would Recommend For T30 Is..

1. 155mm (56 votes [98.25%])

Percentage of vote: 98.25%

2. 120mm (1 vote [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32961 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hey guys

Quickly got bored with the Swedish med, too much bush fapping. So, with blueprints a plenty, free premium time and accepting the suffering of the T28 proto top gun grind, I unlocked and bagged the T30 prize I was after. For now, it's got the 120mm gun and while the big gun is the goal, with just one battle under my belt I was actually shocked by just how good and punchy this 120mm gun actually is lol and... I have to wonder do I actually stay with this gun indefinitely? 

The 120mm has excellent dpm, aim time, accuracy ain't too bad, reload times are very good and tbh its 400 alpha, while not 750, still ain't too shabby at T9 considering the reload time flexibility and I here the big gun is rather troll. Nearly 4k dmg for its first battle(blind shots in there) and holding a flank vs 430 and other big hitters while alone and hull down... would not have managed to do this unless I had that fast reload the big gun doesn't and would have most likely being rushed had I the big gun. Interesting development I never even factored, what gun do you guys think?

Also, for now, it just has rammer, optics and suspension as a stock tank, but what equipment would a T30 normally roll with? Sure, its always gonna be a rammer but there is good cases for vents, optics, gld depending on the gun choice. 

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:19 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20887 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
One of the "tanks" I hate and despise the most...

JOSEBA_PRIME #3 Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24126 battles
  • [FOXUS] FOXUS

155 mm gun is a bit derpy but I think it is the correct choice. Appart from having more Alpha, It has way better penetration, It can overmatch a lot and It has epic HE. In this meta usually you will prefer to have a big boy gun than a accurate good dpm gun. 120 mm gun is nice, and you can use it until unlocking the other one without problems, but 155 mm is the gun to go in my opinión.

The equipment combination which is working the best for me on the 155 mm is rammer, GLD and vents. (For 120 mm I would probably use optics instead of GLD, but as I said imo 155 mm is the gun to go).

Using 155 mm you need to boost the gun handling maximum as possible. The highlight of T30 are trades and you suppose to play usually as a heavy behind the corners or in hull down positions, so having GLD, vents, bia , snap shot and cola helps a lot to this boomstick.

Dava_117 #4 Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• 23798 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The 120mm was nice, but the 155 has a lot of advantages. You can overmatch SConqueror turret roof! Hurrr durr I'm hulldown. Bam! 750HP less! :trollface:

You have enough pen to deal with Types with standard shells, you need to leave your turret exposed for less time (your turret roof is just 38mm, so even 120mm can overmatch it) and you can trade with almost every tank in game. And don't forget the 950 alpha HE that can deal with hulldown monster tanks.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32961 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 01 March 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

One of the "tanks" I hate and despise the most...

Ya the T30's got a real fear factor reputation, no doubt about it. Maybe it's just because it's one of those big hitters I encountered early in my WoT days but it's a frightening tank to encounter along with it's brother from the other branch the T95. Both these tanks are a very daunting proposition to engage when played by a knowledgeable player in their strong positions on a map and the T30 is possibly more terrifying to have to engage since it has a turret and gun dep so if I'm on a map like Westfield, just took a shot and then a T30 turret slowly rises up over ridge looking at me I'm like "dear God no! lets talk about it! let's be friends?... BLAP!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!"

Dava_117 #6 Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• 23798 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Oh, forgot about the equipment. I suggest rammer and vents for sure, as you want to squeeze out of that 155mm gun everything you can get. Then you have the choice of GLD, to aim faster, or optics to get yourself targets and to spot enemies easier while pushing. Don't remember wich one I mounted on mine. Will check it tomorrow.

1ucky #7 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91768 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
Rammer, GLD, Binocs.

gitgud_cannot #8 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

155mm no doubt, equipment is either rammer + vents + optics or rammer + egld + optics(i think i run this one)

dont drop the optics, choose between vents and egld, i went for egld, because vents wont help you with terrible dpm anyway, so its more important to make every shot count, rather than having some microsecond reload buff.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 61833 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Recently blueprinted that line up to the T30, just wanted to play that one. Also costed a crap ton of free xp for the modules... Before playing I wasn't sure if the 155 would be the best choice. Free Xp'ed the big gun and played 4 battles. Without trying the 120 I just know that the 155 is the way to go. 155 is great and works great.

tajj7 #10 Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
155, vents, rammer and optics. 

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32961 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Well, that seems pretty emphatic in favor of the big boy gun lol. Fair enough, and at least for the grind it's really nice that the 120mm is such a solid and workable gun unlike some other tanks grinds. 

The equipment setup is definitely going to wreck my head but great to have these sorts of headaches of course. With the Waffle, it can't take a vent but that's a papery open top and raises a few setup issues of it's own lol.

Looking at the suggestions I think the 2 setups I will toy around with is Rammer, Vents, Optics or possibly the Rammer, Optics and GLD. I don't feel I would like to sacrifice view range on a tank like this since it has a pretty strong turret and there's just a lot of maps that offer hull down peeking over ridges where that flooding that area for me and my team with strong view range will be beneficial overall, compared to marginally better gun handling and reload for targets I can't see so can't shoot them lol. 

I would wonder just how noticeable a GLD really is though, can a player actually notice the difference of that 10% faster static aim time? And lets not forget, a vent not only marginally improves aim time too, though not by as much as a GLD, but it also improves EVERYTHING... tank and turret traverse, view range, soft stats which makes it more likely to hit something too... I wonder. 

Really enjoyed it's first few battles so far yesterday. I was getting a but fed up of playing tanks that have to keep their head down at all times so this T30 was really fun to be able to go down flanks like Steppes and poke a turret over the top and work away on targets, bouncing some shots off my face, really nice, and that's even with the 120mm.

I'm actually really tempted to go with an all in with this tanks setup with food and improved rammer, improved vent and improved optics, rammer or vent directive and trim that big gun reload down to 15. something seconds and have around 3k dpm. Now THAT sounds fun!

AeyT #12 Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7694 battles
155mm. The bigger the numbers the better.

gitgud_cannot #13 Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

If you compare 2 identical setups on T30 and switch vents for egld, difference on "soft" stats are pretty much non existant.

You lose 56 dpm

dispersion doesnt change at all

you only have a better dispersion while traversing hull by a whooping 0,01

ofcourse you gain a little bit better hull and turret traverse speeds, but really 0,4-0,5 deg/s is not much of an advantage.

and you lose 9 meters of VR.

With egld you gain 0,18s of aim time, which for me is more noticable, than all of the rest marginal improvements that vents gives you on T30.

I have played it with vents, but after some time i switched to egld, not going back to vents.

sokolicc #14 Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34513 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER
For me, the way to go is 155 mm gun, rammer, vents and optics.
Aim time is not that trash and it's good for tank not to be blind as a bat since it's not brawler, you have to keep some distance from enemies because of non-existing hull armor.

gitgud_cannot #15 Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

View Postsokolicc, on 02 March 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

For me, the way to go is 155 mm gun, rammer, vents and optics.
Aim time is not that trash and it's good for tank not to be blind as a bat since it's not brawler, you have to keep some distance from enemies because of non-existing hull armor.

not that bad aim time? well it has worst aim time of any tier 9 td, along with obj 704

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 02 March 2020 - 11:01 AM.

dan_dix #16 Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20645 battles

Also vote for 155mm - it's just much more productive. I did most of the big damage TD campaign missions with this gun.

The 120mm is a good gun on the T28Prot - where it can inspire a similar fear factor and playstyle at T8 - OK, maybe not as much as the T30 but still it can out-pen and out-DPM IS-3s and Defenders all day long. The 120mm on the T30 works but is not optimal - the tank is slower so a higher ROF lower alpha gun makes you expose more. On the T30 you take the role to fight T9 and some T10 tanks, so higher pen and higher alpha are better - you get less chances to hit your enemies at this tier, so when you get one you want to make it count.

eldrak #17 Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53310 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

You want the big gun for scaring away pushes, nobody wants to go first into that alpha.

You also want to never hold a lane alone.

You can play with the stock gun without feeling stupid (unlike Italian and Polish trees) and when you're done you also have T95 mostly unlocked so you have another really stronk TD to play.

samuelx43a #18 Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29146 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

what the other guys have pretty much said.

As a die hard T30 fan myself(my dpg is allright at 2.1k, though I am sometimes on the derpy side) the 155 is THE gun to go for. The 120mm is a very confortable gun, but personally, I like my alpha guns. Do also take into consideration about the strengths of such a gun that others have listed but I shall repeat again:

-You have the highest calibre gun(alongside the T95) in tier IX and 3rd highest calibre in game( 3rd to the jageroo and the 183s) which also brings the highly underrated good module damage. I'm telling you, if this thing hits an ammorack, expect to see some turrets to fly

-Ability to overmatch 52mm plating, giving you even better chances of penning that

-Also has the very respectable 750 alpha

-Very good base pen and gold pen can annoy tier Xs (including the dreaded 279e, but you need a bit of an angle for that) The HE also has high pen and can go through a lot of stuff(I one went through a poorly angled conq lfp with HE).

As for equipment, I would go Rammer(obv) vents and EGLD. The T30 is all about the gun, and you should focus on that aspect.

I do have to say as a final word that the gun is the murican BL-10. Expect to miss shots at point blank and expect to hit ridiculous ones too.

And for the love of everything, please don't be the idiot T30 that snipes from the red line(though I am highly confident you are not one of them)

I'll post my setup here:

Spoiler

Edited by samuelx43a, 02 March 2020 - 12:14 PM.

tajj7 #19 Posted 02 March 2020 - 12:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postgitgud_cannot, on 02 March 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

If you compare 2 identical setups on T30 and switch vents for egld, difference on "soft" stats are pretty much non existant.

You lose 56 dpm

dispersion doesnt change at all

you only have a better dispersion while traversing hull by a whooping 0,01

ofcourse you gain a little bit better hull and turret traverse speeds, but really 0,4-0,5 deg/s is not much of an advantage.

and you lose 9 meters of VR.

With egld you gain 0,18s of aim time, which for me is more noticable, than all of the rest marginal improvements that vents gives you on T30.

I have played it with vents, but after some time i switched to egld, not going back to vents.

I don't rate EGLD as a piece of equipment, for impacting a single use stat it's effect is too minor. 

Vents is only a small impact, but then its a small impact on DPM, aim time, accuracy, dispersion, traverse rate, ground resistances, turret traverse, and view range. 

Considering that 0.18s of aim time, which is barely noticeable anyway (in reality you'll never notice the difference between 2.78s and 2.53s) seems a waste of an equipment slot and nothing more than a placebo really.  For it to have a real impact it would need an impact of 0.5s or more IMO, otherwise it's worthless.  

T30 is sluggish, its worse attributes are turret traverse, general mobility and dispersions, vents helps improve those a little, aim time is not actually that bad for a large calibre gun. 

gitgud_cannot #20 Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33228 battles

View Posttajj7, on 02 March 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

I don't rate EGLD as a piece of equipment, for impacting a single use stat it's effect is too minor. 

Vents is only a small impact, but then its a small impact on DPM, aim time, accuracy, dispersion, traverse rate, ground resistances, turret traverse, and view range. 

Considering that 0.18s of aim time, which is barely noticeable anyway (in reality you'll never notice the difference between 2.78s and 2.53s) seems a waste of an equipment slot and nothing more than a placebo really.  For it to have a real impact it would need an impact of 0.5s or more IMO, otherwise it's worthless.  

T30 is sluggish, its worse attributes are turret traverse, general mobility and dispersions, vents helps improve those a little, aim time is not actually that bad for a large calibre gun. 

its up to you, what you use, vents are useless on t30 for me, thats all. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users